• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;151962722 said:
Is it safe to assume that most of the new characters are a bunch of Ogres/Seths?

No, I doubt there's more then 2 borrowed moves per character. Other moves may look similar but aren't the same moves.

Lucky Chloe I only seen ff+1+2 throw from Capoeira, nothing else.

AAK

DEATH™;151962722 said:
Is it safe to assume that most of the new characters are a bunch of Ogres/Seths?

As much as LC has made me despise this game... that's incorrect. They are legitimately new characters. Just because they have similar animations doesn't mean they were copy pasted from other characters. Did people say the same thing with T6 Miguel's hopkick having almost the same animation as Lili's from DR?

Shaheen's f,f+4 reminds me more of Tekken 4 Marduk's b+4 than Raven's f+4.

Doomshine

DEATH™;151962722 said:

I don't think it's anything to worry about, we've seen reused/tweaked animations throughout Tekken and Soul Calibur for a while, sometimes even cross-franchise.

GrayFoxPL

Btw Shaheen's body surf doesn't have a single similar frame with Raven's body surf.

But the initial kick he does is almost identical with kazuya's uf+3.

giphy.gif

Body flip kick blocked.

AAK

Woah, incredible perception there.

Simultaneously... I just noticed how similar LC's neutral stance is to some OTHER character.... Hey Tera, remember when you asked me this:

Damn, Chloe must have killed your entire family that fateful night, huh?

... I think someone important to me indeed was just killed by her....

Sayah

Any normal person would have just got up and said "Peace out Namco, I'm going home"...

I'm just an idiotic addict that's sticking around for the abuse because I'm still hooked on dat crack :( Save me Sega AM2.... :(

What? My hype massively increased for this game and you're still stuck on Lucky Chloe and art design not changing. Come oooooon.

Just buy the PC version if it is that upsetting. There will be plenty of mods to get characters out of their default costumes (including Chloe).

GrayFoxPL

Woah, incredible perception there.

Simultaneously... I just noticed how similar LC's neutral stance is to some OTHER character.... Hey Tera, remember when you asked me this:

... I think someone important to me indeed was just killed by her....

JC? Indeed looks similar.

I don't think they'll kill off those characters. Well, maybe JC but not Julia. JC likely bonus for home version.

I really refuse to believe they'll not put everyone back in time. Hell even Jinpachi will probably make it. Cyborg Jinpachi, whatever. Mishima finds a way.

Just buy the PC version if it is that upsetting. There will be plenty of mods to get characters out of their default costumes (including Chloe).

He can't buy what doesn't exist. ;)

AAK

I'd like to play the version that has the most active online community. I hope indeed it will be the PC version so I don't have to deal with it.

At the VERY least if they can ditch the retarded cat paw accessories I can be more content... Oh GOD is it such a bad design. I'm trying to see myself playing the game and having my opponent do her troll things in front of me and I KNOW it'll drive me crazy.

GrayFoxPL

PC version most active community...for Tekken?

iAeWIEZeZbvA6.jpg

Even Street Fighter is dead.

As for LC I guarantee you few hours in practice mode learning to deal with her BS will result in many dead Lucky Chloes and in result many Lucky Chloe "fans" suddenly stop being fans.

jU0mPVIcb4P84.jpg

I'd like to play the version that has the most active online community. I hope indeed it will be the PC version so I don't have to deal with it.

Speaking of that, they really need to allow cross platform if they don't want the game to die fast like most of the fighting games on the platform.

AAK

PC version most active community...for Tekken?

iAeWIEZeZbvA6.jpg

Even Street Fighter is dead.

As for LC I guarantee you few hours in practice mode learning to deal with her BS will result in many dead Lucky Chloes and in result many Lucky Chloe "fans" suddenly stop being fans.

jU0mPVIcb4P84.jpg

I don't think you realize how painful those hours in practice mode will be for me learning
learning her.

Speaking of that, they really need to allow cross platform if they don't want the game to die fast like most of the fighting games on the platform.

Dunno how true it is but people on GAF said that if a game is multiplatform on both Xbone and ps4 Microsoft have a parity clause that prevents cross play on the PS4 version.

Sayah

At the VERY least if they can ditch the retarded cat paw accessories I can be more content... Oh GOD is it such a bad design. I'm trying to see myself playing the game and having my opponent do her troll things in front of me and I KNOW it'll drive me crazy.

Cross platform play is more likely than ever especially with SFV doing it on PC/PS4.

@grayfox Tekken 7 PC version seems very likely to me. In fact, it would be dumb to not put it on PC.

Gambit61

Just started playing some ranked (and just some tekken in general) in a long time and I get rekt by Monstroso. Online hates me lol. Wow, also got one hate mail and some guy telling me i spam.....I never spam lol. He was playing solo mokujin and was doing buttons all day with moku-hwoarang/eddie.

Final Edit: Shaheen looks awesome. He really does remind me of Raven with some of those moves.

Sayah

Tekken 7 really does look like CGi. I am floored with how good it looks especially in motion. The clothing animates really realistically.

chaiPWJ.jpg

I made a thread about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970583

People said it was a special case where Sony had an exclusive deal with Capcom. We shouldn't expect it for other games.

These games have cross platform online play from Wikipedia:

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet: Colonies
Phantasy Star Online
Shadowrun
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Uno
Final Fantasy XI Online
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Game Room
Team Fortress 2[7]
Portal 2[8]
Dust 514 with Eve Online
Hero Academy

I'm not saying it's 100% going to happen but it seems likely to me for Tekken 7. Whether there's cross play with PC/Xbox One or PC/PS4, you'll have access to a large enough community (if it ever does end up happening).

Good old Clint. He just keeps on giving...

These games have cross platform online play from Wikipedia:

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet: Colonies
Phantasy Star Online
Shadowrun
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Uno
Final Fantasy XI Online
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Game Room
Team Fortress 2[7]
Portal 2[8]
Dust 514 with Eve Online
Hero Academy

FFXIV: A realm reborn is also cross platform technically, between PS3, PS4, and PC. Word is it may be coming to XBONE now too...

FFXI was the only game I ever played that cross gen'd live online between Xbox and PS2.

Pretty cool that Square Enix has had the influence to make this happen, twice.

Lucky Chloe is growing on me more and more, she's so cute.

All these pics and none of Kazumi and her pet tiger? I'm disappointed.

Lucky Chloe has grown on me too. >_>

GGs to jojo last night. You're very defensive.

Chloe looks kinda cute now, might main her.

To be honest, the more I see of her, the less I hate her^^

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

AAK and the others will eventually come around.
200.gif

Dereck

Harada knew people would warm up to the character. My main beef with the character was that she looked too similar to that character from Dead or Alive, now, that feeling has been subdued.

Pachimari

Flying Wonkey tweeted a little gif of gameplay with Kazumi.

"On the 2nd round of the fight, Kazumi's dress turns black, dark feathers sprouts out and she looks like a 'dark phoenix.'"

I have also decided on a new main in Tag 2. I have to go with Bruce, I have always felt like it. And I'm gonna solo it and practice the basics once again, and this time with my Dual Shock instead of the arcade stick.

Since MarkMan mentioned that Capoeira players should pick up Lucky Chloe. Hinting that she replaced them in Tekken 7, and she is relative to their dancing style. I think anyone who didn't like Capos, yet says they're coming around to Lucky Chloe are fooling themselves in the end.

The only reason I am coming around is because I haven't had to listen to her voice as much in the recent releases. I caught it in the Harada demo video, though, and I remembered. Enough to be pretty sure I will not be a fan of her. But like Aris talked about, it is good to have characters you hate. I believe I will go into Tekken 7 with the mentallity of, "There is only room for one set of twintails in Tekken, and Xiaoyu is it!"

So, don't worry AAK. if I love Tekken 7 as much as Tekken 6, and have the same drive to do what I did here
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=116977 (Tag 2 is fun, but never felt as devoted to it.)
Lucky Chloe will be dissected like the weird frog that she is and she will be garbage tier in American eyes.

Dereck

Japan continues to be shitty at getting good footage from events.
I would say since Japan gets all of the exclusive arcade games in their country, they don't care about recording the footage, since it's there, they don't have any need to record anything. Which can result in us not getting anything.

GrayFoxPL

Well Hwo getting all those Baek moves must really mean Baek is dead. :(

Nooo Baeku!

giphy.gif

Good bye good old friend! :( You always be the more fun Taekwondoka!

LowParry

Since MarkMan mentioned that Capoeira players should pick up Lucky Chloe. Hinting that she replaced them in Tekken 7, and she is relative to their dancing style. I think anyone who didn't like Capos, yet says they're coming around to Lucky Chloe are fooling themselves in the end.

The only reason I am coming around is because I haven't had to listen to her voice as much in the recent releases. I caught it in the Harada demo video, though, and I remembered. Enough to be pretty sure I will not be a fan of her. But like Aris talked about, it is good to have characters you hate. I believe I will go into Tekken 7 with the mentallity of, "There is only room for one set of twintails in Tekken, and Xiaoyu is it!"

See, this kind of talk drives me to play Chloe even more now. I'm not even a Capo player. 1 2 3 4 all night.

Degen

For all the time I spent wishing death upon the capos, I'm actually a little sad at the thought that they might be replaced

What I really wanted was for one of the capos to leave or just switch fighting styles in order to differentiate, which was only a "problem" because of TTT2's tag feature. It was a waste of potential in T4 through T6, but no more than that

Lucky Chloe isn't the abomination that some casual players say she is, but the character is just not good enough to replace both Eddy and Christie out of nowhere

anyway, hope your valentine's day was as good as mine TekkenGAF

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He was playing it just now. He beat it like five minutes ago. And by beat it I mean the chat was helping him the whole time. You can tell he was scared as hell during it. And that gif part was damn hilarious live.

Numb

i did not throw my controller but held it soo hard i caved in the side. Game brought out power i never knew i had.

Sayah

Aris playing PT.

fzEXqQQ.gif

LOL

I played the PT demo and was not scared and could not understand the hype behind it. You're just repetitively going through the same corridor with some things changing each time. I was bored actually and had the thought "won't this thing end already. I want to finish it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom