• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Pokchop vs RealLaw FT5 on FR.

Pokchop still crayzey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05HsTlEN-uo

Oh my god that was amazing haha!
They didn't even know how commentate that. Pokchop is crazy.
They're not even that good at T7. Lots of dopped combos and unknown situations.

Breh that had to be the most stressful GF I have ever watched but my god the pay off was worth it. Good shit Speed.

Can't wait for the upload. So Speedkicks finally won something?

FR feels a lot smoother movement wise. The vanilla game was already good to me based on its simplicity. So it naturally feeling better makes it better to me.

Nice. It seemed like they buffed sidesteps a little from what I've seen. Aris also mentioned this in the Pokchop/RealLaw match.

sasuke_91

I think the last thing Speed won was a T7 tournament. But this being final round made it very special.

He's a great player in my opinion and I think he deserves to finally win a TTT2 tournament.
He also plays my characters, so I like watching him play :D

Namco seems to want to kill it though.

Mh... :/
It's not so bad for me anymore. It got a lot better. I had to restart my console for it to work last time I played, but that's not something that hasn't happened before.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I'm done with TTT2. That Grand Finals fulfilled my expectations and it encapsulated everything I think about the game. A perfect way to go out.

Rajang

I haven't been paying attention, what's that? A trailer?

3a0.gif

I'm making a video detailing my experience of Final Round along with footage of Mike Breezy vs Poongko and a walk around of the Tekken room.

EDIT:
Thoughts on Final Round 19
MikeBreezy vs Poongko

That was quick! Will check it out.

EDIT: Hearing you talk about respect really made me think about the way I play. Some of the main criticism I get is not being aggressive, not applying pressure and giving the opponent way too much breathing space.
This has helped me evaluate myself and I'm feeling pretty motivated.

Didn't they say that some of the T7:FR rigs were being played on ps4's? maybe that was one of the reason's why they kept crashing?

Either way nice vid I really enjoyed the voice over, came off like a narration.

sasuke_91

I'm making a video detailing my experience of Final Round along with footage of Mike Breezy vs Poongko and a walk around of the Tekken room.

EDIT:
MikeBreezy vs Poongko

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Very interesting, especially the part about respecting your opponent too much (I do this all the time).

Mike vs Poongko was a cool match. Solid Jin. Can't say anything about Kazumi.
Never press a button after Jin does an EWHF at the wall. Never!

Didn't they say that some of the T7:FR rigs were being played on ps4's? maybe that was one of the reason's why they kept crashing?

They might run on PCs that are similar to PS4, but they don't run on a PS4.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Very interesting, especially the part about respecting your opponent too much (I do this all the time).

Mike vs Poongko was a cool match. Solid Jin. Can't say anything about Kazumi.
Never press a button after Jin does an EWHF at the wall. Never!

They might run on PCs that are similar to PS4, but they don't run on a PS4.

I don't know where I heard it but yea, if they are running on small enclosed pc's with limited airflow then I can see it happening.

Sasuke want to do some solo's during the week, or maybe some Persona? I'm in Scotland all this weekend and next week.

sasuke_91

Sasuke want to do some solo's during the week, or maybe some Persona? I'm in Scotland all this weekend and next week.

We can do some solo matches, sure. Scotland should work fine.

I have a hard time getting into new fighters. I tried twice and never managed to play more than 2-3 hours. Any good videos about the very basics of Persona I could watch before starting to play the game?
Does the game still have an active Online community?

We can do some solo matches, sure. Scotland should work fine.

I have a hard time getting into new fighters. I tried twice and never managed to play more than 2-3 hours. Any good videos about the very basics of Persona I could watch before starting to play the game?
Does the game still have an active Online community?

I'm in Scotland on holiday so im going to busy then. Honestly when it comes to persona, I'm in about as much as you are. From when I played last, the online is pretty empty. For combo's, I would recommend the challenge and trial features as they go through your b'n'b and provide with you with basis for your character.

sasuke_91

I'm in Scotland on holiday so im going to busy then. Honestly when it comes to persona, I'm in about as much as you are. From when I played last, the online is pretty empty. For combo's, I would recommend the challenge and trial features as they go through your b'n'b and provide with you with basis for your character.

Oh, so you'll be able to play when you get back home? Just tell me whenever you want to play.
If Persona has a good tutorial I might just try that. Thanks.

Nuszka

Dudes if you see me online playing Tag 2 just send me an invite, i will gladly play this week. Work is busy so no time guarantees from me right now.

Oh, so you'll be able to play when you get back home? Just tell me whenever you want to play.
If Persona has a good tutorial I might just try that. Thanks.

ArkSys have some of the best tutorials I have come across until the march update for SFV comes about, that is.

EDIT:
Dudes if you see me online playing Tag 2 just send me an invite, I will gladly play this week. Work is busy so no time guarantees from me right now.

I work 9-6 and don't get back till 7.30 GMT, if you're free then, I will be down.

sasuke_91

I havent played for so long it feels weird. Almost 2 months
Who wants to beat the rust off of me? Sasuke?
I might be able to play in an hour or two.

I'm kind of rusty as well, although I've been playing with a friend now and then. My throw break has gotten really good though, so I guess progress is made anyway :)

AZUMIKE

So, I know Kuma isn't the most used character in Tekken, but he is still staple in the series. Why hasn't the community asked for confirmation on this artwork from MASTERCUP?

G0q1gdo.jpg

After dabbling with Kuma in practice mode, I've grown to appreciate the uniqueness and hilarity of his moveset. While I think the artwork essentially confirms Kuma, I'm hoping Bandai Namco doesn't renege on putting Kuma in T7. You folks think Kuma will make it in?

Numb

EDIT:
MikeBreezy vs Poongko
Nice vids man. Bindet her aswell so i feel your pain. I dont even lnow some inputs sometimes since pressing both buttons in a strings works. lol cartoon aris

I might be able to play in an hour or two.

I'm kind of rusty as well, although I've been playing with a friend now and then. My throw break has gotten really good though, so I guess progress is made anyway :)
cool. i am exactly as before or worse even
tell me when ypu ready

I don't know where I heard it but yea, if they are running on small enclosed pc's with limited airflow then I can see it happening.

I could play this week. I play Persona too. Rusty though.

(In Persona no one plays ranked btw. If you want to play randoms you gotta go to the large lobby)

sasuke_91

cool. i am exactly as before or worse even
tell me when ypu ready

I'm home and ready to play (way earlier than I thought).
You know what "rusty" means for me. I'll either play like a pro, punishing everything and ducking the hardest strings or I'll lose 10-0...

If anyone wants to join us, feel free.

Numb

I'm home and ready to play (way earlier than I thought).
You know what "rusty" means for me. I'll either play like a pro, punishing everything and ducking the hardest strings or I'll lose 10-0...

If anyone wants to join us, feel free.
Send the invites

AZUMIKE

It's a crime Josie Rizal isn't in that picture. Maybe it was released before her reveal.

It would also be a crime if Kuma is not in Tekken 7. He's a stable, and so is Lei Wulong. I would have no problem with Kuma/Panda missing out though.

I figure there has to be at least one animal in any given Tekken game, and Kuma/Panda has to take that spot.

Pachimari

Fated Retribution got updated?

I never noticed some of the effects, like when you launch someone into the air, there'll be a horizontal line of yellow.

Tekken without bears? Your joking right!?

Nope. I don't like troll characters like bears or bosconovich. They can rot in hell as far as i'm concerned. The stupid troll items too.

Is it me or does the Final Round build look worse than the one they showed in Japan?

I think it looks kinda uneven because it's obviously still in development. So some parts look swell and some still look poor. Occasionally you're going to get lucky and only have the finished good parts on screen.

AAK

It's what they put the game on. I saw the staff unplug those from each station when they were dismantling.

I assume those were for T7FR.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

EDIT:
MikeBreezy vs Poongko

Damn, that was fast.... with editing too!? Thanks for posting the impressions.

lupinko

I got back to 7th Dan yesterday with Kazumi (originally I hit it like three days ago got demoted to 5th then back to 6th that same day but came back again yesterday), I've levelled up a lot surprisingly enough. Though I'm not used to certain gimmicks like say skilled Yoshimitsus for example. But I'm getting better at reading people and punishing, punishing with Kazumi especially I'm improving on.

I played a bit of Kaz, Alisa, and Asuka too.

I guess I can grind out Josie and Shaheen or other characters really because record wise it doesn't matter since none of it will carry over to FR other than obtained customs and panels.

Looking to branch out and play in addition to Kazumi and Kat:

- Paul
- Lili
- Josie
- Shaheen
- Dragunov
- Kazuya
- Alisa
- Asuka
- Lars

Lol ever since I bought those new customs, everything has changed for the better with my Kazumi.

Numb

Good games guys.I kept cracking all the time winning two rounds then losing the whole game.smh
Sasuke you right about your throw breaks improving
Squirrel is on to me and i keep losing and pressing buttons

So, I know Kuma isn't the most used character in Tekken, but he is still staple in the series. Why hasn't the community asked for confirmation on this artwork from MASTERCUP?

Dude let it go hahaha.

MASTERCUP is an event by the community, not by Bandai Namco. The tournament's origins starts out as MASTER TOHYAMA CUP which is named after the Japanese player Tohyama who's an old Kuma player.

Just look at the earlier posters: http://mastercupofficial.com/download

Good games guys. I like where my Lili and Alisa are going. They're both getting close to decent now.

I still got hit by so much stuff though, Numb =<
And Sasuke is starting to break all my throws. <.<

sasuke_91

Nightmare Fuel....

Yeeah definitely.

Good games guys.I kept cracking all the time winning two rounds then losing the whole game.smh
Sasuke you right about your throw breaks improving
Squirrel is on to me and i keep losing and pressing buttons

Good games guys. I like where my Lili and Alisa are going. They're both getting close to decent now.

I still got hit by so much stuff though, Numb =<
And Sasuke is starting to break all my throws. <.<

Good games Numb and Squirrel.
That other guy was also a really good player. I don't remember where I met him. His Christie was a problem though.
Numb you were dropping combos and forgot stuff, but you started getting things right again after a few matches. Pretty impressive, considering that you haven't played for so long.
Squirrel your Alisa and Lili improved a lot. Keep up the good work!

By the way, I still guess most throws depending on the situation instead of reacting to the animation. For example, Squirrel often switched between throws once one got broken, so when he used two 2 throws in a row although I broke the first one I was like "You're not following my script! You were supposed to use a 1 throw now!". Still have to work on that^^

I'm going to be super sad when people break my throws all day in T7 i expect. I like chucking people. =(

Btw, Markman mentioned Kazumi's lows improved in FR, anyone happen to know the details on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom