• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

I wish Kuma came to FR and ate all the newcomer characters. :p

kuma_by_mizu_shimma_d93iqrk.jpg

AZUMIKE

Don't worry, I'm right there with you. Kuma is probably my second most used character behind Yoshimitsu.

Yeah, I don't want to go into the lab with Kuma just to see him axed in T7 (which I doubt will happen). Tekken has had bears since DAY ONE (Tekken 1 and onward), so it seems likely for a bear to be in.

Just waiting for that confirmation...

cordy

Banned
What they need to do is introduce a new character who is more realism (like the older Tekken games) than more anime (like since T6). We need somebody just straight to the point that can get the job done. Just somebody gritty, from the streets, just somebody dope. I think Feng was the last character I've felt could fit in the older Tekken games with realism. He's just a "classic looking" character.

GrayFoxPL

What they need to do is introduce a new character who is more realism (like the older Tekken games) than more anime (like since T6). We need somebody just straight to the point that can get the job done. Just somebody gritty, from the streets, just somebody dope. I think Feng was the last character I've felt could fit in the older Tekken games with realism. He's just a "classic looking" character.

So we need Iko Uwais?

EDIT: get us some Silat already, like we have already had an Indonesian stage.

wUOzObN.gif

Exactly how I feel. I've been pestering Harada for Iko Uwais/Silat character for years.
I'd be down for MMA character with more standard build than Marduk too.

Kali.

Hapkido.

Savate. (Katarina? Please doge.)

Judo.

American Kickboxing. (Josie? Please doge.) 90ties movie hero style

I'd love a Tekken take on a Praying Mantis style Kung Fu.

Man so many kung fu styles, there's tons to choose.

I agree.

Hmmm.....

Pachimari

Just still feels a little weird to me introducing these new characters in Tekken 6 and not having them return for the next installment. But then I remember, that was also the case with Eddy in T3>T4, Forest from T3>T4, Angel from T2>T3 etc.

*disregarding the Tag games here.

sasuke_91

Just still feels a little weird to me introducing these new characters in Tekken 6 and not having them return for the next installment. But then I remember, that was also the case with Eddy in T3>T4, Forest from T3>T4, Angel from T2>T3 etc.

*disregarding the Tag games here.

Yeah but in T4 we had Christie (and Eddy as an alt), so Capoeira stayed in the game. Same with Forest and Marshall Law. But this time, it's whole fighting styles missing.

I swear if Bob comes back but not Miguel I will do some form of rioting.

Don't worry. He'll be Lucky Chloe's alt :)

Sayah

Pokken Tournament is FUN!
The matchmaking and netcode is the BEST I've come across. Matchmaking is sooooooo instant and matches play really smoothly despite my crappy apartment internet on wireless.

The only disorienting thing is the back and forth switching from field to duel phase. It takes some time getting used to.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Shaheen, there's nothing fantastical about him.

Dereck

I'm the most respectful competitor you'll ever meet. At Final Round, whenever I lost I always gave my opponent a compliment. Competing is fun.

For Tekken 7, I want to keep competing. When I lost I knew why I had lost. Big Jio actually explained why I lost during the Tekken 7 commentary. He said something to the effect of, "people try to rush when they underestimate their opponent, and they end up losing", or something like that. Sometimes people get so nervous that they try to rush matches, when really, every match is only going to last a certain amount of time, use all of the time you have guys.

It's more like when I see Maknificent able to beat JustFrameJames or get a match on Anakin, it's an inspiration for me. I notice too that if you're willing to train and get good you're also able to interact with better players. I don't know how long my competitive spirit will last but I'll keep it going with Tekken 7 just to see where it goes.

Random passing thought-

If I had to pick another guest character for Tekken 7 (topic got brought up at FR) it'll probably be someone from KOF. That game has a ton of character designs that'll fit right into the game I think. Character model will look a lot better then what's in KOF14 too. I can see Korea falling in love already.

T7FR Akuma being mostly USF4 makes me want to see what Capcom does with Akuma in SF5 down the line. New move properties, animations, vtrigger, vskill etc etc.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If I had to add a character, fu k Raven, Capos, Bears, Lee, whatever

I want Goh from VF, infinitely cooler than any of those wastemen.

cordy

Banned
Shaheen, there's nothing fantastical about him.

Nah, still too "flashy" in a way.

Might just be me but Shaheen's style seems like a middle-eastern Lars. There's just something that seems "out there" to me. He's not crazy flashy but the guy's not normal that's for sure.

Dereck

What they need to do is introduce a new character who is more realism (like the older Tekken games) than more anime (like since T6). We need somebody just straight to the point that can get the job done. Just somebody gritty, from the streets, just somebody dope.
I think the term you're looking for is African American.

Finally got around to Neogaf to post stuff about FR19.

Got to play 9 games of Tekken 7 FR and a bunch of games of Tekken 7. Introduced myself to 20-30 people, chit chatted with even more, really awesome meeting Neogafers and others.

Tekken 7 Tournament
First match was against Saint, got a perfect on him, but ultimately lost. Work through the bracket, putting down Big Boi. Losers Finals against Mystic Bill, final game, final round, lost by a single poke. I shook his hand, but my head was down fighting the tears. I have never made it out of pools, and to be so close crushed me.

TTT2 Tournament
Lost my first match as always, I forget who. Worked through losers, faced Battle Jitni and WON!!! Then faced BrawlPro and just couldn't figure him out. Had to beat BrawlPro to get to losers finals there, but again, so close...

The Big Announcement!!
Yeah... despite the fact that T7 was there to be played, I almost cried when I saw the tournament schedule on the projector. I am going to try to make it to CEO, but man that announcement was rough. Speedkicks seem to enjoy it though with dollar signs in his eyes.

Overall
Fun weekend. I have to say I am actually glad that Tekken 7 isnt out yet. I feel like I got my fill of the game and that is unusual. Most of the time I come away wanting all the Tekken I can get, but Tekken 7 is just Tekken... The FR update better have much more in store, otherwise this long wait will be pointless. All of us that bite that bullet and T7FR doesn't have big updates in store will be bored of the game in a month. Its a very pretty game for sure, but may recycle itself to the grave in light of the fighting games that have actually changed.

Notes
Not sure if it was ever streamed, but me and LuisMinjarez87 played Tekken 7 FR together and revealed the 2p colors for Xiaoyu. Xiaoyu's dress is pink and her stockings are white, super hot I must say.

Umm... so yeah. FinalRound!

Dereck

The movement in Tekken 7 is so stiff that I found it very difficult to do post-tailspin combo enders. With Bryan I consistently found it difficult to land anything after the tailspin. Even with Law I found myself not connecting anything.

AZUMIKE

The movement in Tekken 7 is so stiff that I found it very difficult to do post-tailspin combo enders. With Bryan I consistently found it difficult to land anything after the tailspin. Even with Law I found myself not connecting anything.

Are you saying its more than a simple ff notation?

Also, did any of you guys feel movement differences between T7 Vanilla and T7:FR?

AZUMIKE

Yes. The tail spin pushes the body so far away that you have to take two buses and a train just to finish the combo.

Lol.

After watching some vids, I see what you're describing. Some characters actually need to go into a running motion to connect specific combos.

Although, it seems that tailspin travel length varies among characters/moves.

AAK

This match was just pure entertainment:

Just Frame James vs Kodee at FR18

European Tekken brought some of my favorites:

Punsher vs Dinosaur

Phantom vs Devil

From US Tekken, it was always a pleasure seeing JFJ vs Kodee at NWM and

Actually last year's NWM7 was just incredible. TTT2 Top 8 = beautiful. It was a tournament that pitted Anakin, SK, Lil Majin, Bronson, Inkog, and FAB all in the top 8. Some of the archives here.

I also loved the JDCR vs Knee chronological rivalry:
  1. First match they had at Final Round
  2. The rematch showdown set they had at CafeId league
  3. The first set they had at Tekken Strike Semi Finals
  4. The Grand Finals of Tekken Strike Season 1 the very next week
  5. Tekken Strike Season 3 Showdown
I'll also never forget the match between Furumizu and Junggding at Mastercup 7. That devastating combo drop... When you wanna do a Tag Assault bound move but press the tag button too early.... :(

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
OMG I completely forgot this existed....
That's me with the pink dress shirt in the audience... I look so much healthier there than how lol

Yo! I remember this! That's the one where you fought potatobrain, right? I remember seeing this and thinking "wow the Canadian scene is pretty awesome, I wanna get in there".

Pretty disappointed that I couldn't get to Final around this year. Really wanted to play Tekken 7, especially since iI missed it last year. Saw some matches online for SF5, Tekken 7 and even MK10. Great matches. Oh well, maybe I will get to play Tekken 7 at Final Round 2017 when it shows up again. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom