• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they need to do is introduce a new character who is more realism (like the older Tekken games) than more anime (like since T6). We need somebody just straight to the point that can get the job done. Just somebody gritty, from the streets, just somebody dope. I think Feng was the last character I've felt could fit in the older Tekken games with realism. He's just a "classic looking" character.

That is what I voted for in the new Tekken questionare. I hope they pay attention to this

GrayFoxPL

KOF14 scored themselves Steve Fox like boxer.

Trailer.

S82FTxa.gif

WErNhkb.gif

rXZBCA2.gif

Sonic Fang, running 2, machine gun punch. It's all there. I think it's cool though.

AAK

Random question for Tekken GAF. Is anyone getting Resient Evil 6 for PS4 coming out in a few days or has/will buy RE6 for PS3 and wants someone to co op with? I played a couple chapters a year or more ago with boutdown while he rented it and had a fun time. After he returned it I tried to play solo and it was miserable. Really want to go and finish it eventually but desperately need someone to play with haha.

I can never forget the true OG:

https://youtu.be/TNQxTdRqTOQ?t=98

Sayah

Random question for Tekken GAF. Is anyone getting Resient Evil 6 for PS4 coming out in a few days or has/will buy RE6 for PS3 and wants someone to co op with? I played a couple chapters a year or more ago with boutdown while he rented it and had a fun time. After he returned it I tried to play solo and it was miserable. Really want to go and finish it eventually but desperately need someone to play with haha.

Not getting RE6 for PS4 but I do have it on PS3. Ask me in two weeks time and I might be able to co-op with you on PS3. I played 30 mins. of RE6 and just quit it so I do want to get back into the game. Absolutely loved RE4 and RE5 but RE6 didn't capture me as much.

Dereck

I just met some rando online, turns out he was the guy that ran my pools at Final Round.

He had to deal with my pool and a bunch of people not showing up for their matches.

Nuszka

Just a thought I wanted to share. So ds3 in not being published by namco bandai in Japan , most likely reason for the delay in Europe and US is that they want to include their earnings for the upcoming fiscal year. What was weird to me that NB made a statement like a day ago for all the none Japanese players that their copies of ds3 are not compatible and unfinished for those markets, as myself and many others can attest that this is completely false , matchmaking works without problem , even cross continent. To me this sound like a NB are desperately trying to stop everyone getting Japanese copies , therefore making their earnings higher.
That's when Tekken 7 comes in to play , Do not know of any upcoming fiscal year releases from NB but pushing ds3 after April made me think that ... Who knows we might get t7 after April 2017 . I'm in work now , just theorising so take all of it with a grain of salt.

Sayah

Just a thought I wanted to share. So ds3 in not being published by namco bandai in Japan , most likely reason for the delay in Europe and US is that they want to include their earnings for the upcoming fiscal year. What was weird to me that NB made a statement like a day ago for all the none Japanese players that their copies of ds3 are not compatible and unfinished for those markets, as myself and many others can attest that this is completely false , matchmaking works without problem , even cross continent. To me this sound like a NB are desperately trying to stop everyone getting Japanese copies , therefore making their earnings higher.
That's when Tekken 7 comes in to play , Do not know of any upcoming fiscal year releases from NB but pushing ds3 after April made me think that ... Who knows we might get t7 after April 2017 . I'm in work now , just theorising so take all of it with a grain of salt.

I think you're kind of stretching this too far.

I'm giving Demon's Souls another spin. Never got far in anything except Bloodborne but the hype for DS3 is real.

<3 Demon's Souls

Dereck

Hey guys, just checking back in this thread to ask if Tekken 7 came out yet.

It's been 14 minutes since I last checked, just making sure.

Dereck

I'm sifting back through the Final Round footage where people are asking questions from Twitter.

Some guy asked about a console beta, and the answer he got talked about an arcade beta, lmao, fuckouttahere.gif

This game is nowhere near console ready, check it out.

I don't give a dick about the arcade version, I can't even map buttons on that thing.

Sayah

I'm sifting back through the Final Round footage where people are asking questions from Twitter.

Some guy asked about a console beta, and the answer he got talked about an arcade beta, lmao, fuckouttahere.gif

I don't give a dick about the arcade version, I can't even map buttons on that thing.

eh....
For consoles, I keep shifting back and forth from "it's coming in 2016" to "it's not coming in 2016."

The whole anticipation for this game has been a bumpy ride from surging highs to low depths. I hope Namco never markets another Tekken like this again. Its been a frustrating experience following this game. I get that the arcade scene is important to them but it shouldn't be important to the point that they neglect their core audience in 98% of the rest of the world for 2+ years. Maybe they could have gotten away with 2 year waits in 1995 or something when the world wasn't as globalized as it is today and information wasn't disseminated so easily via youtube/streams/etc. But not today!

sasuke_91

"There's going to be a tour though, so you have more than enough opportunities to try out the game"
Not if you're European... Regional descrimination at its finest.

4 years since the release of the last Tekken game. 3 years, which means about halfway through a new console lifecycle and there's still no Tekken game. There's even rumors about a "PS4K" and it's probably going to be announced and released before T7.

The question I wanted to ask, but never got a chance to at FinalRound.

If the Tekken 7 console release is an utter failure, will future Tekken become an arcade only game?

As customers, we speak with our money. That is the disconnect I have with this whole situation. If we buy Tekken, we support this entire model and it going forward. If we band together to boycott Tekken for these practices in the hope for change, Tekken will simply end for us. Bandai Namco will simply cover their ears to the complaints we make. All that matters is how much money they make.

I am going to try to attend as many Tekken Tour events as I can, but I worry about the arcade players also going to the events. I think it will only be a matter of time before someone loses it and curses one of them out for being able to enter the event to freely take our prize. No where in the rules bars them from playing, so it is a wonder if a non-arcade player will win any of the Tekken Tour events (if none show, I am sure Markman will enter and beat us all, so I see no hope).

My heart saddens for those outside the Tekken Tour that also have no arcade. However, I feel like America is getting scourged for not having Tekken 7. Getting whipped, tortured, and embarrassed. Arcade players come one, come all to steal the dreams of the American Zoo you so call. Have no mercy on these unprivileged animals.

I can never forget the true OG:

https://youtu.be/TNQxTdRqTOQ?t=98

I'm down for Mercs

Indeed! Good games! I don't know why you get me with those sweeps so often^^

Probably lag <.<

But i do like how crouch dash kinda looks like i'm going low for a little bit on startup but it has mids coming out of it. Makes the decision to block low just that tiny bit harder. Seemed to work well today.

Sayah

The question I wanted to ask, but never got a chance to at FinalRound.

If the Tekken 7 console release is an utter failure, will future Tekken become an arcade only game?

As customers, we speak with our money. That is the disconnect I have with this whole situation. If we buy Tekken, we support this entire model and it going forward. If we band together to boycott Tekken for these practices in the hope for change, Tekken will simply end for us. Bandai Namco will simply cover their ears to the complaints we make. All that matters is how much money they make.

I am going to try to attend as many Tekken Tour events as I can, but I worry about the arcade players also going to the events. I think it will only be a matter of time before someone loses it and curses one of them out for being able to enter the event to freely take our prize. No where in the rules bars them from playing, so it is a wonder if a non-arcade player will win any of the Tekken Tour events (if none show, I am sure Markman will enter and beat us all, so I see no hope).

My heart saddens for those outside the Tekken Tour that also have no arcade. However, I feel like America is getting scourged for not having Tekken 7. Getting whipped, tortured, and embarrassed. Arcade players come one, come all to steal the dreams of the American Zoo you so call. Have no mercy on these unprivileged animals.

I think they announced a rule that the Tekken Tour events are not open to anyone outside of South or North America - so that should ease your concern with having to face experienced arcade players.

My main problem with these "Tour" events is that they don't really do anything for the large majority of people that don't have the time or wherewithal to be travelling around the country just to play Tekken 7 for a few hours (if that). If they could give us a demo or beta.........

LowParry

At this rate the game needs a beta/demo. I've been saying this for a while. Be for testing or just getting the name out for the sake of sales, but they really need to do something that's going to get a lot of people on board.

There's so much coming out this year that it's put the discouragement I have with Tekken 7's release date behind me. Whenever it comes, I'll be there Day 1. I really want my 1 vs 1 games back and want the game to succeed. I just hope it's not too late. A real damn shame it couldn't make the main stage of EVO this year.

I have a lot to say about Final Round & Tekken 7 in the near future. I also had a good 1/2 hour plus chat with Michael Murry. There is stuff you guys should probably know.

AAK

Another thing that wasn't stated, In this T7 tour at Wizard World and others, If someone wins one of the tournaments, they can't enter a different one. It was stated in Chris Ceglia's interview with The Hadou (guy who runs combo breaker)

https://soundcloud.com/chrisceg/being-free-ep-02-final-round-day-2-31916

12 minute mark.

It's kind of wierd since if say SK and Cuddle Core and BrawlPro win 3 different ones in separate Wizard Worlds, those guys won't be allowed to enter a grass roots event like Combo Breaker since it's part of this tour.

Not getting RE6 for PS4 but I do have it on PS3. Ask me in two weeks time and I might be able to co-op with you on PS3. I played 30 mins. of RE6 and just quit it so I do want to get back into the game. Absolutely loved RE4 and RE5 but RE6 didn't capture me as much.

Cool, do you have a mic by any chance?

I'm down for Mercs

Not up for Campaign?

Sayah

Cool, do you have a mic by any chance?

I've used a bluetooth as a mic in the past. If it doesn't work, I'll buy an actual mic.

I have a lot to say about Final Round & Tekken 7 in the near future. I also had a good 1/2 hour plus chat with Michael Murry. There is stuff you guys should probably know.

Don't leave it hanging like that.
I'm curious now.

At this rate the game needs a beta/demo. I've been saying this for a while. Be for testing or just getting the name out for the sake of sales, but they really need to do something that's going to get a lot of people on board.

There's so much coming out this year that it's put the discouragement I have with Tekken 7's release date behind me. Whenever it comes, I'll be there Day 1. I really want my 1 vs 1 games back and want the game to succeed. I just hope it's not too late. A real damn shame it couldn't make the main stage of EVO this year.

It is a main EVO game this year too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom