• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha kind of true.
I have the fine motor skills required for JFSR, but I can't draw shit. Make me do 10 JFSRs in a row, no biggie. Make me draw a shaft and I fail hard.
I used to draw manga as a kid and I wasn't too bad, but this is nothing like that :p

"Machine Elements and Mechatronics II" would probably be the proper translation.

If you're able to understand what all that means, then you probably don't have much to worry about.

Good luck, really. :)

AAK

To me, Raven is one of the coolest characters in fighting games. A couple things you can take away from him:

- Undertaker is one of his most important tools. Learn to buffer the input while doing various pokes just how King/AKing players do with giant swing.

- u/f+4 is one of the best moves he has. It's a safe mid, low crush kick with a follow up if you know someone is gonna press a button after it. However, most people know about the follow up kick and remain wary. Another perfect opportunity to buffer Undertaker in.

- FC d/f+3 is an amazing low poke. The best part about that move is how the qcf movement lets Raven dash in and inputting d/f+3 during the crouch dash also leads to the move. I honestly don't even know how punishable it is, I don't remember ever getting launched for it.

- d/b+3 is only ~-11, don't be afraid to use it, but be wary of how slow it is.

- b+1 and b+3 are +frames on block

- b+2,2 and b+4,4 and safe strings that end with mids. Just something to take into account, don't worry about people trying to punish you after them (or use that against them for their ignorance).

- BT 1 is 8 frames. BT b+2 is a safe mid that's 0 on block. If press any buton that doesn't high crush BT 1,4 is guaranteed for a ton of damage.

- qcf+3 is a safe launcher. It's super slow and high though, and most people I've played do duck when they see me do a crouch dash out of fear of qcf+2, another slow launcher.

But you have to remember, his bound moves are garbage. He doesn't have a 15 frame launcher, a lot of other key moves are unsafe. Most of his trickery are gimmicks since there is usually a sure fire way to neutralize them or the risk/reward is lopsided in the opponent's favor.

So I was just let go from my job only a month in, said that I was not a good fit for the unit I was working in.

OMG I'm so sorry to hear that. Best of luck going forward. What're your next steps? Are you open to moving to a new place in the country?

"Machine Elements and Mechatronics II" would probably be the proper translation.

I took a Mechatronics course... but I lucked out and my professor recycled a ton of stuff from my Control Systems courses which didn't require a massive amount of learning on my part. Of course with that attitude I walked away from that course not retaining anything so I hope you pass AND walk away with skills and knowledge that will propel your life forward isA ;)

I also found Vibrations way harder :p

GrayFoxPL

To me, Raven is one of the coolest characters in fighting games. A couple things you can take away from him:

- Undertaker is one of his most important tools. Learn to buffer the input while doing various pokes just how King/AKing players do with giant swing.

- u/f+4 is one of the best moves he has. It's a safe mid, low crush kick with a follow up if you know someone is gonna press a button after it. However, most people know about the follow up kick and remain wary. Another perfect opportunity to buffer Undertaker in.

- FC d/f+3 is an amazing low poke. The best part about that move is how the qcf movement lets Raven dash in and inputting d/f+3 during the crouch dash also leads to the move. I honestly don't even know how punishable it is, I don't remember ever getting launched for it.

- d/b+3 is only ~-11, don't be afraid to use it, but be wary of how slow it is.

- b+1 and b+3 are +frames on block

- b+2,2 and b+4,4 and safe strings that end with mids. Just something to take into account, don't worry about people trying to punish you after them (or use that against them for their ignorance).

- BT 1 is 8 frames. BT+2 is a safe mid that's 0 on block. If press any buton that doesn't high crush BT 1,4 is guaranteed for a ton of damage.

- qcf+3 is a safe launcher. It's super slow and high though, and most people I've played do duck when they see me do a crouch dash out of fear of qcf+2, another slow launcher.

But you have to remember, his bound moves are garbage. He doesn't have a 15 frame launcher, a lot of other key moves are unsafe. Most of his trickery are gimmicks since there is usually a sure fire way to neutralize them or the risk/reward is lopsided in the opponent's favor.

Great stuff!

Dereck

Ganryu straight up got them Tekken 1 level wall carries, b

Nq1pqUJ.gif

Nuszka

^ from that footage i noticed that the Josie player was not hit confirming her CH f+3,1 to juggle but instead of the second hit of the combo he was using a neutral 1.

Dereck

I'm plugging my arcade stick on T7 videos but it doesn't help :(
So the guy said, the guy (I guess Michael Murray) said that the reason why T7 hasn't gotten a PC beta or whatever is because it would take time to make which would take time away from the console version? Someone correct me on this.

They should outsource that shit to someone else, but with that they risk a shitty port.

Dereck

Well I said that because, some characters have altered moves, different frames and different combos.

So if you're playing solo mode in Tag 2 with a character that's also gonna be in Tekken 7, you're still gonna have to adjust to T7 once you play T7.

I know because that's what happened to me when I played T7.

I'm a Bryan player and I couldn't land any Bryan combos in T7. You can play solo Tekken games to get used to solo though.

GrayFoxPL

Well imo any Tekken is going to be better practice than no Tekken/just waiting until T7 is out.

You can play solo mode in Tag 2 and pick a character confirmed to be in T7.

Yeah and adjusting to new bounds and ragearts is nothing compared to learning everything from ground up.

I didn't know Revo was still going on. Neat.

But, yeah, I'll probably just try out that and continue dicking around in TT2. AK was my boy but I'll have to move onto someone else for T7 once it drops.

I can only speak for Paul but you can definitely use TTT2/Rev experience to go into T7. He only has like 2 new moves and move properties that you can easily adjust to just by reading stuff on the internet.

GrayFoxPL

Am I wrong for waiting till T7 to seriously start learning Tekken?

Yes. I'm telling it to everyone, train now, because when 7 hits you'll be so behind you'll likely drop the game before learning anything.

If you know your character in and out in Tag2 you'll only need to adjust few things to your character in T7 and learn new T7 system.

Starting from zero on T7 will take, I don't know, 2 years minimum?

Tekken is hella legacy. Like even beyond the absurdity of T7 being 2 years old when it comes out on console. You're going to be years behind no matter when you start. So there's no rush if you don't want to play the old games. If starting with old games sounds fun try it though.

sasuke_91

I finally have some free time, yay! (Although I was basically playing almost every evening except for the last week before the exam).
Exam was okay I guess. A lot to do in very little time. It wasn't too hard to calculate or anything, but you would basically be dead if you got stuck on one problem without immediately knowing how to solve it.

I took a Mechatronics course... but I lucked out and my professor recycled a ton of stuff from my Control Systems courses which didn't require a massive amount of learning on my part. Of course with that attitude I walked away from that course not retaining anything so I hope you pass AND walk away with skills and knowledge that will propel your life forward isA ;)

I also found Vibrations way harder :p

Wow. Something similar happened to me in an Electrical Engineering course. It was my second attempt (failed the first time) and I was really nervous. The professor did something though that he never did bofore: He took problems from books and old exams (which I all went through while preparing for the exam). He didn't even change any numerical values. I first thought he made a mistake when I got the exam. Felt great :p

The thing with the Mechatronics exam isn't really the difficulty level but the way the exam is designed. 20 minutes of comprehension questions, 60 minutes to draw a gear (or is it called gear box?) with at least three shafts and all the connecting elements and stuff (including the casing). After that you got 80 minutes for some calculations and stuff. Almost 3 hours of complete focus and concentration drains you out :p

This is class 1 launcher now?

Haha, Sasuke look at that.

Oh wow, they buffed that launcher? I should get used to utilizing it more often in TTT2.
Wouldn't he be able to squeeze in a RFF 3~4 similar to a JFSR combo?
By the way, the amount of times that player uses LFS 3,4 without getting ducked annoys me a little xD

Character usage for July in Korea:

1. Akuma
2. Paul
3. Kazuya
4. Bryan
5. Hwoarang
6. Nina
7. King
8. Devil Jin
9. Claudio
10. Jin
11. Steve
12. Dragunov
13. Heihachi
14. Asuka
15. Lili
16. Law
17. Alisa
18. Shaheen
19. Jack-7
20. Ling Xiaoyu
21. Lucky Chloe
22. Josie
23. Lars
24. Leo
25. Kazumi
26. Feng
27. Yoshimitsu
28. Katarina
29. Gigas

Japan:
1. Akuma
2. Bryan
3. Nina
4. King
5. Paul
6. Dragunov
7. Heihachi
8. Kazuya
9. Steve
10. Claudio
11. Asuka
12. Lili
13. Hwoarang
14. Xiaoyu
15. Law
16. Jin
17. Alisa
18. Feng
19. Gigas
20. Yoshimitsu
21. Devil Jin
22. Katarina
23. Jack-7
24. Chloe
25. Shaheen
26. Leo
27. Lars
28. Josie
29. Kazumi

Poor Katarina. :(

Rajang

When do you guys play? I'm usually online during evening and night (EU time), would love to play with you guys and get my ass kicked but I rarely see anyone online.

GrayFoxPL

Lol Lars so low.

I hate when ppl say they like some character and drop him in a second when he's not in top tier. Tier whoring is the worst.

Larsus will be mine in 7.

GrayFoxPL

When do you guys play? I'm usually online during evening and night (EU time), would love to play with you guys and get my ass kicked but I rarely see anyone online.

I see you sometimes but only for a minute.

I can play usually from 10 to 18, but Saturdays only to about 14.

Yes. I'm telling it to everyone, train now, because when 7 hits you'll be so behind you'll likely drop the game before learning anything.

If you know your character in and out in Tag2 you'll only need to adjust few things to your character in T7 and learn new T7 system.

Starting from zero on T7 will take, I don't know, 2 years minimum?

Even if you plan to play a character new to T7, there's all the matchup experience to consider. One can get an early start learning to deal with a lot of stuff, and it will still be useful to some degree in T7.

(A friend of mine was making fun of me for being '8 months too early' to learn Raven and flatly refuses to start practicing even though he owns Tag 2. It's the same in other games too, he refuses to take some time practicing in the KoF demo even though some of his characters are in there. I don't think it's smart. We'll see who's laughing when those games come out.)

sasuke_91

So you did well Sasuke? Like 3-1 in Tekken rounds?

Congrats man!

Not really hehe. I just hope I passed xD
A lot to do in very little time, and I wasn't able to deal with everything.

By the way, I just noticed I accidentally erased Tera's comment from my post and got AAK's comment under Tera's name^^

Kazumi last in japan what

She's not a schoolgirl or an idol :p
I hope she's more popular on consoles.

GrayFoxPL

Even if you plan to play a character new to T7, there's all the matchup experience to consider. One can get an early start learning to deal with a lot of stuff, and it will still be useful to some degree in T7.

(A friend of mine was making fun of me for being '8 months too early' to learn Raven and flatly refuses to start practicing even though he owns Tag 2. It's the same in other games too, he refuses to take some time practicing in the KoF demo even though some of his characters are in there. I don't think it's smart. We'll see who's laughing when those games come out.)

Exactly. Some characters changes are cosmetic, frames are even less changed then movesets. Bryan's still whack b+1 for frame advantage and fish for orbitals, Pauls still whack qcb+4 for frames and 50/50 demo man and deathfists. Combos changed but playstyles remained generally the same.

If you aren't prepared, even a little, for stuff Tag2 players throw at you, you wont be prepared for anything in T7, anything. You'll be beaten to a pulp with zero knowledge what happened.

So yeah, your friend will be weeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom