• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Lars so low.

I hate when ppl say they like some character and drop him in a second when he's not in top tier. Tier whoring is the worst.

Larsus will be mine in 7.

I'll still use Lars but he doesn't look to be competitive. He still has awful lows so opening someone up is a challenge. Also the loss of a couple of his old bnb moves like df2 didn't help.

Time to learn Heihachi.

GrayFoxPL

I'll still use Lars but he doesn't look to be competitive. He still has awful lows so opening someone up is a challenge. Also the loss of a couple of his old bnb moves like df2 didn't help.

Time to learn Heihachi.

I like him like that tbh. More work, more risk for reward. I can't play safe with any character really. Even Mishimas. Ain't my style.

CSX

Time to learn Heihachi.

If you're complaining about awful lows, Heihachi ain't much of an improvement lol.

hellsweep strings are now punishable. Every low move is weak cept for db2 but that's also punishable.

Heihachi is all about hunting hawk now leading to a full combo and that glorious bnb juggle that does way too much damage (based JDCR)

It's probably safe too.

I don't get why orbitals are safe, they are insanely good. Bryan sometimes crushes everything with his.

Oh how shocked I was when I played Shaheen for the first time and discovered he had a good hopkick AND orbital lol. This was back when 41 still jailed too.

AAK

But she gets an orbital in return, can't complain about that addition at least~

And her f+1+2 is a safe low crush 14 frame launcher. That makes her join Kazuya as the only character with a 14 frame standing launcher and a 13 frame ws launcher.

Also her d+4 is now only dick jab punishable but does 1/3 the damage of Bruce's.

But b+2 was still a hella good move.

sasuke_91

Good games GrayFoxPL. I didn't have much time so I had to cut it short. I just wanted to get a few games in since we haven't played for so long.
You guys are making me want to play Raven as well. Maybe I'll have to go through his movelist :D
I have to remember to use more of my characters' moves. I still rely on too few moves in certain situations and become predictable.

I awakened my Sharingan or something midway through some matches and started breaking throws and blocking lows. By the way, I still can't wrap my head around Paul's low launcher being less than -14. I always want to punish that with Hwo's WS+3.

Dereck

Geesemaster is a name many are really just beginning to learn. He eliminated Nobi. What did you think of his performance, and why do you think he got as far as he did?

I dislike the mindset behind asking why Geesemaster got far, but asking why JDCR and Anakin did not. Tournament results are unbiased and we should be too. Geese got 4th place because he was the 4th best player that day.

1U8sFeg.gif

joeblow

Geesemaster is a name many are really just beginning to learn. He eliminated Nobi. What did you think of his performance, and why do you think he got as far as he did?

I dislike the mindset behind asking why Geesemaster got far, but asking why JDCR and Anakin did not. Tournament results are unbiased and we should be too. Geese got 4th place because he was the 4th best player that day.

1U8sFeg.gif

Great interview. He's a bright guy with an interesting mental approach to the game.

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke, I thought you got into the matrix when you started blocking and breaking everything while pinned at the wall. That was amazing.

Is your nephew old enough to play video games? Should be fun. Train him.

I wish but he's into Minecraft, a walking encyclopedia of Minecraft in fact.

GG's GrayFox.

I really need to improve my defense, getting hit by everything especially when I backdash.
Ggs.
Your Feng is great, very strong.

Sorry for weak gameplay I didn't realize I was running on fumes until I got into the game. Couldn't move. I'll do better next time if we play earlier.

Rajang

Great interview with Speedkicks.

I must say I'm loving tekkengamer.com, they are delivering great content nonstop.

Ggs.
Your Feng is great, very strong.

Sorry for weak gameplay I didn't realize I was running on fumes until I got into the game. Couldn't move. I'll do better next time if we play earlier.

Wow really? Thanks. Only started practicing seriously since 2 weeks. Im very inconsistent, sometimes I'm in the zone and play well and 1 match later I do dumb shit from start to finish or just completely choke.

And it was all good, your ''weak gameplay'' was enough to kick my ass enough times lol.

GrayFoxPL

Your defense is actually better then you think. You didn't get baited to push buttons when most people would. Patience is your strong point.

ZeroX03

Banned
Already better than 3DS

I actually like how stripped back the 3DS version was. Quick loading times, easy practice machine. And the d pad was good enough that I could EWGF with little issue. But being a T6 port meant it was outdated at release. I already had TTT2 when 3D hit.

I probably should be playing TTT2 but I feel I get better after I learn/play a different game and jump back to Tekken.

The jump in skill level for me from T6 to TTT2 was staggering after I played MK9/SCV/VF5 in the interim.

The same could be said for me going from SCIV scrubbing it up to actually being decent enough in SCV after years of T6 to the point where I could've been very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom