• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Bryan gets 50% from ch 3+4.

qCSlRdE.gif

I'm noticing that this camera change happens almost always when the Rage Art triggers near walls. Take note of that and use it as a strat, folks, cause I don't think Namco are going to fix this any time soon.

They have six months to fix it. I'm not worried as Namco has a good record of fixing broken stuff in the modern age. Ogre infinite in TTT2 was fixed a couple of weeks after release.

AAK

I'm noticing that this camera change happens almost always when the Rage Art triggers near walls. Take note of that and use it as a strat, folks, cause I don't think Namco are going to fix this any time soon.

They have six months to fix it. I'm not worried as Namco has a good record of fixing broken stuff in the modern age. Ogre infinite in TTT2 was fixed a couple of weeks after release.

It's less about the wall and more has to do with the constant clusterfuck off axis situations after tech rolls. The walls can exacerbate these situations, but everytime you see a Super flash right after a tech roll and the combatants are off axis to one another the camera orientation will be at risk of reversing. You can experience these situations even back in Tekken 5. Ask yourself how many times your opponent drops a combo and then you tech roll and try to punish with a WS move or whatever and it magically whiffs because the last move your opponent did moved him/her off axis and your punishing move isn't oriented towards them. I bet these same situations happened in these super-flash->reverse-camera instances where the camera will force a cross up to re-orientate the combatants onto the same axis.

sasuke_91

Speedkicks is really happy with how Hwoarang turned out in T7 FR. He tweeted about it some time ago.
Also, Speedkicks vs Anakin is always cool to watch.

ZeroX03

Banned
So it appears Akuma's damage and meter gain was nerfed and that Master Raven is just Raven and Bob is still Bob.

I'm shocked.

Doomshine

Master Raven's qcf3 doesn't launch =/

It's been a while, but I think that's how it used to be before tag 2. I honestly barely used it and I rarely saw other Raven players use it so I'm fine with the change and the added transition.

Damn @ being able to do BT3+4 into f3+4,4,2 at the wall, I wonder if they will keep that in.

Overall I'm happy with the changes I see in that video, more options into and out of HAZ and her rage drive is basically a buff and safe(?) vampire knee. Looks like the rage art has decent reach too.

It launches in T6 at least. I really like qcf3 for the range. I guess df3 is now strictly better as a poke while qcf3 into the followup is a combo ender.

b4,4 is now mid, high which is unfortunate.

Quite disappointed at not seeing any Kunimitsu moves. But still excited about Master Raven of course, the new teleporty stuff looks fun. And i think her rage art looks really strong.

GrayFoxPL

They didn't show much. I wanted to see if there are changes in backturned moves and if stuff like bulldog (qcf+1+2) is viable.

Yoshi got nerfed straight away.

In FR he lost the easy combo from FF4 > BT 2, but got a huge buff in a new string DF1,2. It was 13 frames, NC, non jail, and had all kinds of cool pressure options.

They took away the NC and gave the 2 CH launch properties, and restored the old FF4 easy combo.

All the Yoshi players I know (and those I don't, like Jp players Kari and others) are up in a fit on this.

We'd much rather have a good i13 punish and poke than some easy dial a combo.

Forever low tier B O Y S

Yoshi got nerfed straight away.

In FR he lost the easy combo from FF4 > BT 2, but got a huge buff in a new string DF1,2. It was 13 frames, NC, non jail, and had all kinds of cool pressure options.

They took away the NC and gave the 2 CH launch properties, and restored the old FF4 easy combo.

All the Yoshi players I know (and those I don't, like Jp players Kari and others) are up in a fit on this.

We'd much rather have a good i13 punish and poke than some easy dial a combo.

Forever low tier B O Y S

Yoshi players that play Tekken do this to themselves.

joeblow

Wow, they actually fixed Kazumi's spammable d/f+1. It recovers worse on block and itno longer tracks like an unofficial homing move. I like this patch.

Kazumi d/f+1 is obnoxious in vanilla. There's a player here who mains her and I was wondering if there something I was missing or if it was really that good.

cordy

Banned
The idea that people were freaking out about Akuma like he wouldn't be nerfed is hilarious to me. We all know how many updates these games have before they hit consoles now. He was obviously going to get hit especially after people started seeing what he could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom