• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo I swear I could've beaten dude. I accidentally did Baek's ws444 instead of the ws44 so I got launched. Second match i gave up too much damage and kinda just gave up lol.

GGs to everybody though.

GrayFoxPL

Oh so he's an Avenger again. He was a Duelist a few days ago.
He had problems fighting Xiaoyu in the past, so he just began playing her himself. He's already become a really good Xiaoyu-player.

Bruce's CH launchers are so annoying. And yeah... his weird crush moves.

Played that Warrior Bryan/Bruce who did nothing but Snake Edge whenever I got close to him. I refused to even block it after some time. I don't understand how one can use such a hard character like Bryan and spam his way through ranking. I got Hwo demoted to Marauder, Jin to Grand Master and Kazuya to Master today. Might as well drop ranking for good.

I snake edged Tosin like 20 times. I just aim for ch. I do 1,2 jabs and if blocked I see if opponent retaliates with 1,2 or other high moves then next time 1,2 Snake edge. After 2-3 times I asume he catched up so 1,2 orbital heel.

Wait, I shouldn't be saying that.

GrayFoxPL

Lol

Are you up for some games? I'm home a little earlier, so a few games would be cool.
Anyone else who wants to play? I don't care about region, I can handle a little lag I guess :p

Nah, I can play from about 10-18 an hour back and forth depending on situation.

Sunday maybe?

You guys seen that?

Lol.

Watching Rip play Tekken 6 made me want to check if someone still plays it on Euro side. Will do tomorrow. I miss T6.

Also Rip said "Can't wait for Tekken 7 where Jin is dead." Lol that better not be true. Jin in March or wtf.

AAK

Dang, Bryan is the anti-armor move:

ib0RIgCpOHjARX.gif

sasuke_91

Nah, I can play from about 10-18 an hour back and forth depending on situation.

Sunday maybe?
We might not be able to play for the whole month. Maybe I'll catch you once before the tournament, but 10 AM to 6 PM is normally the time I'm not at home.

Tommorow won't be possible. Weekends? What's that? :p
Nah, I have it rather easy. I still live at home, food is ready whenever I get home. I don't even work currently other than giving private lessons in maths or English. I don't have the right to complain^^

That Law video has been posted three times already :p

GrayFoxPL

We might not be able to play for the whole month. Maybe I'll catch you once before the tournament, but 10 AM to 6 PM is normally the time I'm not at home.

Tommorow won't be possible. Weekends? What's that? :p
Nah, I have it rather easy. I still live at home, food is ready whenever I get home. I don't even work currently other than giving private lessons in maths or English. I don't have the right to complain^^

That Law video has been posted three times already :p

Give them private lessons in Tekken instead. Much more useful the some math or English. ;P

sasuke_91

Give them private lessons in Tekken instead. Much more useful the some math or English. ;P

They would have to call me Sasuke-Sensei. I don't think anyone would pay for that though :D

Sorry if I annoyed you with my messages AAK. I desperately wanted to play with someone, but no one answered. I don't really want to go back to ranking either >_>

GrayFoxPL

They would have to call me Sasuke-Sensei. I don't think anyone would pay for that though :D

Sorry if I annoyed you with my messages AAK. I desperately wanted to play with someone, but no one answered. I don't really want to go back to ranking either >_>

You can get back what you lost in ranked if you focus. It's not gotta be friendly player matches in that tournament you know.

sasuke_91

You can get back what you lost in ranked if you focus. It's not gotta be friendly player matches in that tournament you know.

Yeah... you might be right. I know I can't blame my opponent when I lose, but that shit is too damn frustrating. I went from 59% win ratio overall to 54% in just a few weeks. I just lose my mind whenever my opponent uses a move or throw over and over again.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah... you might be right. I know I can't blame my opponent when I lose, but that shit is too damn frustrating. I went from 59% win ratio overall to 54% in just a few weeks. I just lose my mind whenever my opponent uses a move or throw over and over again.

Remember that characters that aren't grapplers will always get hit at throw attempt if you use jumping move. Also moves that make you crouch obviously. I'm shit at breaking throws so I use that.

Loss is important too, more then an empty win.

Analyze your mistakes. Be eager to play mirror matches because even a weak player can (unwillingly even) do something that'll make you go: "So this move can work that way?!" "Stealing that!".

Also watching Japanese/Korean match videos with your teams used can really help in understanding your character's potential in different matchups.

sasuke_91

Remember that characters that aren't grapplers will always get hit at throw attempt if you use jumping move. Also moves that make you crouch obviously. I'm shit at breaking throws so I use that.

Loss is important too, more then an empty win.

Analyze your mistakes. Be eager to play mirror matches because even a weak player can (unwillingly even) do something that'll make you go: "So this move can work that way?!" "Stealing that!".

Also watching Japanese/Korean match videos with your teams used can really help in understanding your character's potential in different matchups.
Thanks for the advice. Hwoarang/Steve is not a very rare team. I've seen a lot of videos with people using them.
I've never seen a Korean player use Xiaoyu/Leo. Does that team exist anywhere?

My brother is probably the best bad Tekken player I've ever seen. He can shoot out electrics with no problems, but loses against 3rd Dan players every day. He lacks experience of course. Devil Jin/Lee also might be a little too hard for a beginner.

My brother is probably the best bad Tekken player I've ever seen. He can shoot out electrics with no problems, but loses against 3rd Dan players every day. He lacks experience of course. Devil Jin/Lee also might be a little too hard for a beginner.

Idk, Lee isn't hard until you start trying to wall carry with him. And DJ is the most straight forward mishima and he has a pseudo-hopkick too.

Manbig

You pointed out that Anakin was talking down to people, then made a parallel to yourself doing the same. Then concluded that everyone does it. Clearly excusing the behavior. Of course, that was from your long post on the matter, since then you have lost me on your stance.

Perhaps, you are right about Pokchop's behavior.

To me, it is that serious. Perhaps, you have never seen the EVO A Cautionary Tale: My first time experience with FGC Video. The more we white wash the problems we have with top players thinking that their crap don't stink to competitors not caring about another person's life. The more unlikely it will be that the FGC becomes accepted in the mainstream.

No.

Once again, that is how you are choosing to interpret it. I still think Anakin is kind of a piece of shit for the way that he talks down to people and I made a parallel example of when I did it and clearly talked about how I've been working on changing that. I don't really see how you can mistaken it for anything else.

I also clarified that Anakin isn't necessarily alone in that behavior. While not everyone goes on the scale of shit talking that he does, everyone has made that dumb excuse for themselves whenever they lost at one point or another. I'll bet I can go back into the old thread and pull at least one example of someone talking down to a random player from every single consistent, or even semi-consistent, poster in there.

That is what I meant by everyone doing it. Everyone has a little bit of that inside of them. The way that you choose to let it out is what separates the assholes from the non assholes as far as I'm concerned.

Manbig

Gagguni making all of the males question their own sexuality in the chat.

Jesse seems like an alright dude, but he's not a particularly good interviewer.

Manbig

He's sad that he doesn't plan his questions

That's rule #1 for being a good interviewer though lol. Aris is able to get away with it because he has an insane amount of charisma. Even then though, Aris still sounds a lot more prepared with questions than Jesse does. I hope he considers being more prepared for future episodes.

Dereck

That's rule #1 for being a good interviewer though lol. Aris is able to get away with it because he has an insane amount of charisma. Even then though, Aris still sounds a lot more prepared with questions than Jesse does. I hope he considers being more prepared for future episodes.
He's better than Inkog/Anakin lmao, their show in terms of interviewing was kind of mediocre

Manbig

He's better than Inkog/Anakin lmao, their show in terms of interviewing was kind of mediocre

Oh, I totally agree with you. They were hot garbage lol. It's why I get extra amusement out of the failed attempt to bring back that show, because Fab is not one for having much charisma either. All three of those dudes pretty much have the same on screen personality.

Manbig

Alright, so I'll be down to play some in about 2 hours or so? Anyone that wants to fight a subpar version of a mediocre as hell Tekken player feel free to let me know in here and we can set something up later tonight. I'll be looking to kind of change the way that I play and am still learning K-stick, so don't expect a crazy amount of resistance from me tonight lol.

CSX

Hey guys, I mentioned in a previous thread that there is a slim chance of me getting to play Tekken 7 over the break. Im visiting hong kong during the week the full version of Tekken 7 is released. In other words, i might catch it before i get on the plane back to the states.

Dont expect too much info coming from me if this happens. I still can't play on a stick for the life of me and I havent played this game in so long. In other words, no Godzuya for me T_T

If this does happen, I will have to bring out my boy Dragunov and d2 my way to every victory hoping I dont play against hong kong's top players lol.

So some questions :

1. Outside of watching footage, is there a site that just straight up listing all the changes for each character in T7 as they are discovered? Im talking new moves and properties. I do not want to go through a movelist completely in japanese. Can get a little dizzy.

2. Kinda the same question as before. I do want to try out Lucky Chloe (just for you AAK!) and Shaheen so is there a site that lists their current Top 10-20 moves and sample combos for the new characters? Gonna be tough trying out characters when i cant use a stick but whatever :p

Again this is a slim chance of all this happening but i appreciate the help!

AAK

What Doomshine said, lots of threads on TZ. And play LC @ your own risk
emot-argh.gif

Also, I know I'm beating a dead horse with saying this... but gosh THESE MOVES NEED to be re-animated:

ibfi1ckH4LBHne.gif

AAK

There's no weight to it at all, the sluggish way King reaches for the hands, and the worst thing is the incessant clipping of King's boots. As it is right now it just makes the game look bad. It's been there since Tekken 2!

It's like watching Armor King's tombstone while King's version looks incredible.

Sayah

There's no weight to it at all, the sluggish way King reaches for the hands, and the worst thing is the incessant clipping of King's boots. As it is right now it just makes the game look bad. It's been there since Tekken 2!

It's like watching Armor King's tombstone while King's version looks incredible.

I don't think it's clipping. He's just putting Lili's foot behind his so you can't see Lili's. That move does also take time to setup in a real wrestling match too. Looked okay to me.

DEATH™

Yeah, Romero Special takes a while to be set up. The only problem with the animation is that King doesn't hold the hands properly due to scaling problems, which is understandable. The leg clipping is natural with the nature of the move.

What Doomshine said, lots of threads on TZ. And play LC @ your own risk
emot-argh.gif

Also, I know I'm beating a dead horse with saying this... but gosh THESE MOVES NEED to be re-animated:

ibfi1ckH4LBHne.gif

King is one of those characters that desperately need an animation overhaul of his movelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom