• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Tekken 6 have better character models than MKX does now? Compared to Tekken 7 it's not even a contest.

Of course it did, it's NRS we're talking about. Their art direction has always been poor and their character designs and models always ugly at worst to uninspired at best. Good tech doesn't help bad designs. Their models will still look inferior to Tekken 6' twenty generations from now.
Don't get me wrong, though, there's a lot of other things I like about MK and some aspects I prefer over what can be found in Tekken, character design and modeling just isn't their strength. They all look like bad 90s cartoon rejects modeled by someone with questionable taste and a lack of understanding of anatomy.

Edit: quoting pictures for new page
CCZgkjgUgAAB7Z5.jpg

CCZgkjfUkAAIZZ4.jpg

B00qseXCUAA487P.jpg

To be fair I think you guys are expecting too much from next gen hair. It's not surprise that most females in next gen games have their hair pulled back thus far. It's because rendering hair is HARD. If you clump it together it makes it easier to model cause you can use texturing to make it seems as if their are more strands than there are. The second your let that hair go free though it becomes all the more apparent that it's not realistic. I honestly think this is a problem that will continue through out all of next gen. Faces are going to look amazing but the hair if it's free flowing will always look off because it's so hard to render.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Motion Blur? Tekken has had it implemented since Tekken 6.

Does Tekken 7 have blur yet? I don't recall seeing it in the last few gameplay videos.

In any case, I don't think that's it. Nothing else has blur. It looks more like a tiny atmosphere surrounding the bangle, clogged with orange smog.

How many TekkenGAF players are gonna have MKX on PS4 by this Saturday
I'll have it tonite at release time (midnight EST).

Feel free to add me if you guys want. forge76

I'll be streaming lobbies too after I finish story mode (want to get the spoilers out of the way first), a GAF lobby would be cool. Twitch.tv/cosmic__forge

I'd imagine it'd be... d+3+4, 2, d/f+1+2, B!, ff+3,1,ff,2, f+3+4

Cheers!

Managed to hit it on Jinpachi and Marduk so far, it's 79 too. Replaced df1,2 with CD4,4 and I got 83. Tried both combos on Jacks, Kings, DJ and Heihachi but I can't get f3+4 to connect on them.

AAK

I need your help DJin players, what's the max damage solo no walls combo out of his cancans? I can do 79 so far but I feel like I can do better than that.

I'd imagine it'd be... d+3+4, 2, d/f+1+2, B!, ff+3,1,ff,2, f+3+4

You can actually squeeze an EWGF right after the Can-can. I remember doing that when I was trying to optimize TA combo's with Christie. But for the sake of consistency, it definitely isn't the smart combo :p

My pre-order should be available to pick up tomorrow. But I doubt I'll be able to play it too much :( First Final this Friday!

To be fair I think you guys are expecting too much from next gen hair. It's not surprise that most females in next gen games have their hair pulled back thus far. It's because rendering hair is HARD. If you clump it together it makes it easier to model cause you can use texturing to make it seems as if their are more strands than there are. The second your let that hair go free though it becomes all the more apparent that it's not realistic. I honestly think this is a problem that will continue through out all of next gen. Faces are going to look amazing but the hair if it's free flowing will always look off because it's so hard to render.

No one is asking Namco to start out-doing FFXV hair effects (Although in the PS1/PS2 generation they were the leaders). But when Dead or Alive 4 launching on Xbox360 & VF5 launching(?) on PS3 do hair better than Tekken 7 it does seem a little pathetic considering the budget differential between the games.

But yeah, whatever. Tekken's fighting system is still the best so far... so I'm still compelled to play it.
Or for however long before LC destroys any drive I'll have to play it.

LowParry

But yeah, whatever. Tekken's fighting system is still the best so far... so I'm still compelled to play it.
Or for however long before LC destroys any drive I'll have to play it.

Honestly it's not bad. The more you watch her in play, the more tolerance is built and she looks like a good solid character to play. Just turn her into a vocaloid or something with a custom. Cause her default is obnoxious.

Pachimari

I were a little hyped about Mortal Kombat when it was announced but I'm not buying it. I'm really sticking to Tekken only. The fighting system, mechanics and movements just feels the most natural here to me.

AAK

I've been watching T7 vids... Almost every time I see her winpose or intro I just turn the video off and do something else.

But whatever, it's my problem and I'll have to deal with it. I have no control over what customs other people use. Maybe I just won't play the game online... I dunno. It's not like I have to worry about it for another year at least.

Sayah

Nope.

I were a little hyped about Mortal Kombat when it was announced but I'm not buying it. I'm really sticking to Tekken only. The fighting system, mechanics and movements just feels the most natural here to me.

Yeah, I was excited for it but the excitement eventually phased away. First with the pricing scheme. And then with the talk about the netcode. I'll probably just be playing Smash 4 until Tekken 7 comes out. No other fighter at the moment seems to be coming out in the near future after MKX.

I've been watching T7 vids... Almost every time I see her winpose or intro I just turn the video off and do something else.

But whatever, it's my problem and I'll have to deal with it. I have no control over what customs other people use. Maybe I just won't play the game online... I dunno. It's not like I have to worry about it for another year at least.

Welllllll....it doesn't bother me that much.

Outside of the costume design, she's a pretty awesome, fun looking character as far as gameplay design goes. I'm really interested in seeing how the rhythm based attacks work. I don't even mind the Engrish.

Are you kitten me(ow) right now? ~nya.

Nah, I disagree. Look at Dead or Alive 5.
dead-or-alive-5-kasumi-santa-suit.jpg

This is the result of someone on the internet creating mods.
CCOy2L9UsAAoZ2O.jpg:large

Dereck

That's what I keep hearing, I think Maximilian said it was like Injustice.
The game hasn't been patched yet supposedly, and I watched a stream yesterday, dude was playing online for about 30 minutes and I didn't see any lag. I think we'll all find out tomorrow for sure.

sasuke_91

Online is region locked, isn't it? That's not cool.

You have to build up tolerance. Go watch some K-On! or any other moe-Anime. Or lock yourself in a dark room, put on headphones and play an endless loop of "Pikachu!" until your ears bleed.
By the time Tekken 7 comes out you will not only be able to tolerate her, but you will love the shit out of her so much you will want to cosplay as her :)

sasuke_91

You can actually squeeze an EWGF right after the Can-can. I remember doing that when I was trying to optimize TA combo's with Christie. But for the sake of consistency, it definitely isn't the smart combo :p

I tried doing that and it's pretty hard. If your timing is a little off your EWGF will whiff. It becomes easier if you press 2 before the EWGF, but that's 1 hit more and too much for ff+3,1,ff.
What I tried yesterday is d+3+4, 2, EWGF, CD4,4
No idea what a good combo ender would be. I'm not a DJin player, just wanted to help :p

And good luck for your finals :)

lol, damn right that not's cool, that's hot boo boo
I saw a thread about it yesterday. Apparently, it's only region locked on PS3/4 and not on Xbox for whatever reason.

av2k

Yay, got MKX preloaded onto my pc, bought it for 44$. Sent a ticket on why it wasn't preloading at 12 AM and BAM, free Kombat Pack DLC. Pretty stoked.

Does anyone know where there's a quick list of staple combos for every character in MKX?

Yay, got MKX preloaded onto my pc, bought it for 44$. Sent a ticket on why it wasn't preloading at 12 AM and BAM, free Kombat Pack DLC. Pretty stoked.

Does anyone know where there's a quick list of staple combos for every character in MKX?

Try test your might.

Honestly though as a tournament game...MKX is gonna be really good. Me and Clint were really impressed by the game. Online isn't looking good but I'm fortunate I got a local scene.

av2k

Try test your might.

Honestly though as a tournament game...MKX is gonna be really good. Me and Clint were really impressed by the game. Online isn't looking good by I'm fortunate I got a local scene.

It's great to be in a big city. :) I was drooling at how amazing Sonic Fox's rush down gameplay was on the tournament stream.

Is there any characters you're interested in playing Mike?

But that's good.
Isn't it?

Like Mike said it depends on what you prefer. But to me there is a lot of talk of "It's like Tekken 6 but with..." I've never really gotten that feel from looking at it. Even TR seemed more like DR. The removal of bound has changed the way combos work a lot, tailspin is really not comparable. This game seems combo wise like DR but with the damage toned down like 15%

Also I just wanted to point something out that I dunno if people have not picked up on but Oki in this game is going to be super cheap. Because there is no back roll anymore you can create situations where you force an opponent to block a move no matter what when they get up. Holding back no longer moves your character back a significant amount so if you choose to get up and say I want to use a meaty running 3 with Lars, no matter what you have to block that now. There is no more back roll to avoid meaty mixups or pressure. It's going to make getting knocked down suck.

Best example of this is when Kazuya hellsweeps your ass you no longer have the option to backroll and force the Kazuya player to have to guess. He can just WD right in and go for another 50/50 if you get up, no matter how you get up. It's not a vortex because get up kicks are still a thing but the lack of options is going to make tactics like these far more useful. It makes me wish there was still the option to backroll, just with a different command.

Spuck-uk

Banned
WTH is b+1? Is that the stupid move with the nose bleed stun on CH? I really don't think that move makes any difference at all.

I guess you don't play dragunov.

It's his instant high crush mid that tracks well, is plus on hit and safe on block, and has an extension mid into solid damage.

I'm sure you realise why that's useful for him.

Managed to hit it on Marduk and Jinpachi. So far the combo to go with these two is:

cancans, EWGF, df1,2~B!, ff3,1,ff,2, f3+4 for 86 damage

for the rest I'll keep using: cancans, 2, CD4,4~B!, ff3,1,ff, f3+4 since it does an extra damage than the EWGF, df1,2~B! version. Yes, I'm that kind of guy that'll go for harder combos if I can get 1 extra damage out of them. :p

Most appreciated guys.

It's not the one that causes nose bleed stun, it's a fast mid punch that crushes pretty well and has different follow ups.

That's b+2. Whatever b+1 is no one uses it so I doubt it's a game changer It's probably one of those moves that is only used in very specific situations. I know b+1 used to be a high that caused escapable nose bleed stun on CH in BR. Considering we are discussing BR Dragunov to DR Dragunov whatever they changed b+1 to is irrelevant to the conversation anyway.

Actually I just check ina Tekken. I don't see how this move is useful at all TBH. 17 frames, -9 on block only +3 on hit. You said it crushes highs but why would you ever use this move over Dragunov's way better options to avoid highs? It's slow, really negative on block, and not even + enough on hit to avoid getting your d+4 crushed by a generic hopkick. Game changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom