• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

Well, Famicom I've watched 21 episodes of Hunter x Hunter. I can't get into it. Does it get better?

It's largely my fault. I'm way too picky. I've been trying a bunch of different SP games as well and can't get into any of them after playing a few hours (Final Fantasy X, The Evil Within, Heavenly Sword, The Last of Us, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and a bunch of others). I don't know what's wrong with me. lol.

Well, Famicom I've watched 21 episodes of Hunter x Hunter. I can't get into it. Does it get better?

Yeah it does. Later stories get into some darker territory, but if you aren't feeling it by the end of the Hunter exam arc then you should probably cut bait there. Chimera Ant arc is pretty revolutionary for a shounen anime, but it's quite a ways away (and about 50% of the episodes!).

AAK

You can't do any more of a tribute to TTT2 than this tournament. 2 high level players of equal skill utilizing every piece of strategy and finesse to prevail in a game with as much depth as Tekken Tag 2.

This is the most entertaining thing I'm experiencing all year. Fantastic tournament.

Numb

It is fantastic indeed. Jimmy is just a machine man.
I wish JFJ wanted to win more than just test out his weird set-ups he invented in his lab.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Someone get me the "Sooooo good" gif cause that was SOOOO GOOD!

The supreme size

giphy.gif

AAK

The level of Tekken they displayed is sublime.

You'll never see that in any game probably ever again. Tekken Tag 2 <3

Sayah

I guess I'll have to catch the archives for this tourney since everyone's praising it so much.

Yeah it does. Later stories get into some darker territory, but if you aren't feeling it by the end of the Hunter exam arc then you should probably cut bait there. Chimera Ant arc is pretty revolutionary for a shounen anime, but it's quite a ways away (and about 50% of the episodes!).

In that case, I'll keep watching.

Gambit61

Looks like I gotta check out top 8. Also can't believe Gigas has Stun's wall tackle. Definitely gonna main him with King and Leo.

Sayah

Gigas looks really damn good and fun to play.
So many new characters. It's exciting.

Katarina
Claudio
Shaheen
Lucky Chloe
Josie
Gigas
Kazumi

These 7 are definitely confirmed.

Numb

They experimented on Marduk and turned him into that thing.
But it won me over the instant i saw that body splash.
Just when you think Tekken couldn't get any weirder.
He went to the top of my new characters list tho.

LowParry

It's largely my fault. I'm way too picky. I've been trying a bunch of different SP games as well and can't get into any of them after playing a few hours (Final Fantasy X, The Evil Within, Heavenly Sword, The Last of Us, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and a bunch of others). I don't know what's wrong with me. lol.

Eeeesh. If you can't get into either of those two, time to take a break from gaming. Give yourself a recharge.

Shouta

Glad you guys enjoyed the TTT2 tournament. The Tekken crew up here put in a lot of work to make it an awesome event.

Numb

Can't believe the Seattlestream is still up and it is lunch time without having slept the night before for me. Great send off for Tekken Tag 2.
Not gonna miss Bob.
Have to sleep

Pachimari

Gigas might be the worst new addition since... I don't know. I don't like Marduk and would take him over this redhead and even Bob.

Anyway I hope they reveal Kazumi next but she'll probably be last. And then reveal old of those who are returning. In craving to see Lei, Yoshi, Nina and the old guard.

Degen

Gigas looks out of place, but having a couple of characters like that is nothing new for the series

I might use him more than King, just because of the character archetype he fits into... who knows

Holy shit this Gigas character
is really fucking stupid and lame!
you like that Marduk launcher into that Marduk airthrow? workin on that new avatar? Kappa

Sayah

Outside of the meh design, Gigas looks really fun to play. I don't know what the hate is about. Or maybe it's just commonplace to hate Tekken 7 now and people shit on it no matter what is produced. It's like every new reveal is a new shitstorm of hate.

AZUMIKE

The character designs of Katarina, Claudio, Lucky Chloe, Shaheen, Josie, and Gigas have all grown on me. Regarding their outfits/costumes, I hope there are lots of options for customization.

Pachimari

I'm strictly talking his design. Gameplay wise I'm still to judge.

Gigas seems to be a Greece character. As Gigas means "very big" in Greek.

HeelPower

Gigas is VERY intimidating.

This is a classic FG character design whereby the appearance just makes you think this guy has to be top tier lol

Not gonna miss Bob.

Bob's guaranteed to come back.

He's a VERY popular tourney character almost world wide.

His usage rate is probably very high ,and I doubt Namco would just throw him out.

The character designs of Katarina, Claudio, Lucky Chloe, Shaheen, Josie, and Gigas have all grown on me. Regarding their outfits/costumes, I hope there are lots of options for customization.

Same here.

Initially , I didn't care for them.

But now I honestly think dis gunna be one of the best Casts in Tekken history.

sasuke_91

More and more new customs popping up.......and looking REAL good. Please announce console release at this year's E3.

This looks really good. And it really looks like the costume was made for him and is not just attached to his character model. If this is what we get instead of 2P costumes I'll have no complaints.

I'll be honest with you... you are weird o_O
But that's totally okay :p

You can't do any more of a tribute to TTT2 than this tournament. 2 high level players of equal skill utilizing every piece of strategy and finesse to prevail in a game with as much depth as Tekken Tag 2.

This is the most entertaining thing I'm experiencing all year. Fantastic tournament.

Any YouTube vids of the tourney yet? I have to watch it if everyone goes so crazy about that match.

MainMan's comments section might be one of the worst I've ever seen under a Tekken video. He played Alisa/Leo yesterday and people keep complaining how they're disappointed in him for playing scrubby females and keep releasing their elitist crap about how Mishimas teach you fundementals and females just crush everything and let you get away with too much bullshit.

Dereck

I suggest finding a new and cheaper hobby.

AAK

Any YouTube vids of the tourney yet? I have to watch it if everyone goes so crazy about that match.

No youtube vids yet, but here are the twitch archives:

Pool Play:

http://www.twitch.tv/seattletekken/b/653373439
http://www.twitch.tv/seattletekken/b/653470659

Top 8: (unfortunately the stream kept dying)

http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/v/4364694?t=8h9m30s
http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/v/4385587
http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/v/4385774

Post Tournament Casuals:

http://www.twitch.tv/seattletekken/b/653599316

This tournament was a dream come true for me.

Deps

Gigas looks really fun, looks a bit weird but whatever. I'm generally not a fan of big characters, but I want to play him.

Sayah

I suggest finding a new and cheaper hobby.

I still like some franchises that are keeping gaming alive for me.

Tekken, Smash Bros., Souls series. Those are usually the only three I'll buy Day 1. Maybe I'll also get the occasional Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, etc. as well.
This looks really good. And it really looks like the costume was made for him and is not just attached to his character model. If this is what we get instead of 2P costumes I'll have no complaints.

Yeah, if that level of quality for customs is replicated more broadly, I will be completely A-okay with no 2p defaults.

The surge of new customs is what turned my growing pessimism into very enthusiastic optimism. Game devs definitely don't deserve support if they're just 100% recycling everything. But Tekken 7 is proving it's worth. It already has AMAZING stage design and graphics. The recent upward trend in more quality customs and music along with a lot of brand new characters is only making me more excited. I figured it would be best to not pass judgment until we have the console release in our hands. They're gradually improving things over time and it's not hard to see that.

I'll be honest with you... you are weird o_O
But that's totally okay :p

I guess I am.

Eeeesh. If you can't get into either of those two, time to take a break from gaming. Give yourself a recharge.

Thing is. I have been on a break for the most part. I barely get to play and sometimes will go many weeks before turning a console on.

Manbig

Outside of the meh design, Gigas looks really fun to play. I don't know what the hate is about. Or maybe it's just commonplace to hate Tekken 7 now and people shit on it no matter what is produced. It's like every new reveal is a new shitstorm of hate.

You can't see what the hate is about because you have the fanboy glasses sown to your face. You don't have to agree with the disappointment, and I totally agree with taking the wait and see approach to the gameplay, but to act like people don't have a right to be annoyed at some (a lot) of the decisions that they have made in regards to these new characters is downright foolish at this point.

Here is a fact. The last two new characters are a mish mash of heavily recycled moves from other characters. Even if Bruce and Marduk still manage to make it into the game, that is a fucking HORRENDOUS trend that really will make the game as uninspired and dull as AAK keeps assuming it will be.

HeelPower

Here is a fact. The last two new characters are a mish mash of heavily recycled moves from other characters. Even if Bruce and Marduk still manage to make it into the game, that is a fucking HORRENDOUS trend that really will make the game as uninspired and dull as AAK keeps assuming it will be.

Gigas is really different from Marduck...

I don't understand...Some punches look vaguely similar but this is clearly a different character altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom