• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

The hair is a recycle.

Lars Kimono is definitely new.

For Feng, the pants are from Tekken 6 (not in TTT2) but it has that skirt on it which I'm guessing is new. Tekken 6 you were able to customize the shoes and mid-rib accessories separately so I can't remember if that skirt and shoe were in Tekken 6 or not.

lupinko

Will we not be able to take off the glasses completely on Katarina? And can we remove the headband from Josie?

You can take off Chloe's headphones iirc.

For Lars' costume:
- 3 star blue orbs = 3%
- 4 star red orbs = 13%
- 5 star purple orb = 33%

So for me, I would need to dump 3 red orbs, 2 purple orbs in addition to 200,000 G.

That's one pricey robe.

Pachimari

Really hope we can take off her glasses, though they feel like part of her personality now. I also wanna remove Josie's headband and give her long hair.

lupinko

The hair is a recycle.

Lars Kimono is definitely new.

For Feng, the pants are from Tekken 6 (not in TTT2) but it has that skirt on it which I'm guessing is new. Tekken 6 you were able to customize the shoes and mid-rib accessories separately so I can't remember if that skirt and shoe were in Tekken 6 or not.

Ah thanks!

Really hope we can take off her glasses, though they feel like part of her personality now. I also wanna remove Josie's headband and give her long hair.

Yeah I want to remove her glasses among other things hur hur I made a funny.

/Splinter

My Kat right now has the Luffy motif going for her.

Doomshine

Been watching the videos on Wonkey's twitter.

Some more Marduk moves:

slightly different looking d+3 into b+1 (but other hand)
FC df+4 (but other leg and looks like it's not done from FC and has less range?)
qcf+2
uf+3+4
df+2,1
b+3
different looking uf+3, doesn't knock down on normal hit
third hit after f+2,1 (EDIT: actually I don't think it's after f+2,1, but something similar) is the third hit from Marduk's db+3,1,1
slightly different looking ground stomp.

I think I also saw Bruce's uf+1? lol

Other stuff:.

Looks like he has a pretty beefy 10-12f(?) punisher that wall splats?
His jab and df+1 seems to have pretty good range.
His quick armor move seems interesting, I wonder how it could be used.

Degen

Wow, looks like he even got Marduk's b4 and a modified f3,2. yeeeah Marduk's done

It'll be interesting to use somebody with Jack's build and Marduk's moves. I always wanted Marduk to have a little more range for a character his size.

I haven't seen the command throws yet but I hope they're good

Doomshine

I feel like Gigas is a human in some sort of bio-suit. His fighting style looks pretty cool too.

He does have a face, but you can change the color of the skin so hard to tell if he's human or not.

CDo-raTWAAEx4IS.png

av2k

Degen

Ah, apparently he made this character: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Shura

However, I don't remember her being in Soul Calibur 4?
There were four(?) guest characters in SC4: Shura, Kamakirimusi (sp?), Scheherazade (sp?), and... some girl who fought like Astaroth. They were clones of existing characters.

Shura got Cervantes' moveset but used two katanas instead. How top-tier is that

That one throw that does like 30% o_O
YYYYYEEEESSSSS

King, it's been real

edit: ayyyyy he got True Ogre's cheap-ass headbutt that basically KOs on counter
edit: ayyyyy Marduk's jump-stomp (and way more Marduk moves that I thought he'd get)
edit: I SAW THE THROW

this is my main. this is my main right here.

omg if all that charged-up shit has super armor

Manbig

There's something even more obnoxious about the part where the only cool looking moves that I see this character having so far are Marduk's animations. Except for that jumping splash at least.

Also, that "new" stance that some of ya'll are raving about is just a forward moving version of Ling's Hypnotist stance. It is nice to see something relatively unique at least. Between this and Lucky Chloe's rhythm based inputs, it's a damn shame that they are attached to the two lamest character designs in the game.

Degen

Gigas's belly-flop even leads into Marduk's signature wakeup 1 and wakeup 2? That covers everything I wanted from Marduk besides his takedown/reversal, but Gigas is too much of a ranged character to get something that good in addition

is that even true? I don't know

That's the thing about powerhouse characters in fighting games... They don't fit the mold so they're hard to balance, and usually end up on the low end

(not that I care)

HeelPower

Gigas looks like a ton of fun!

This match is so good.

I like the how player was able to effectively employ movement for such a big character.

Do we have any consensus on how movement is compared to BR and TTT2 ? It seems nerfed just by the look of it ,but this video gives me some hope!

My Kat right now has the Luffy motif going for her.

Are you a Kat player in Japan,I presume ?

I am really excited for Kat and I'd like to know any opinions on how the character fares at this point.

So far db+3(KD low) and df+4(not sure on the input) her CH knee seem to be stand out moves.

Does she have any good punishers ?

Hmm, Gigas looks like someone I'd like to use, for real. Great range, and a shoulder charge. ALL I NEED.

Just makes me more sad that T7 potentially won't be at Combo Breaker now because of that car theft. :(

CSX

What was stolen from Markman ?
Laptop and work bag which included the keys to the T7 machine. You can check his twitter for more info. Good news though, he said Namco working hard to get a new machine built and shipped by Texas Showdown :). No guarantee but there's hope

HeelPower

Laptop and work bag which included the keys to the T7 machine. You can check his twitter for more info. Good news though, he said Namco working hard to get a new machine built and shipped by Texas Showdown :). No guarantee but there's hope

That's just sad,after all the work he's done to get the game to US early.

Here's hoping for no more accidents like that :(

lupinko

I tried out Gigas today and I did play Marduk in previous games and he's no Marduk. His stance is nothing like VTS and he doesnt combo like Craig. He doesn't feel like Marduk, if anything he's more Jack but even then still different. And right now he's bs to play against holy shit.

He fights like an ape or Berserk Eva especially with his custom colors ha!

Here's the custom costumes available thus far:
http://i.imgur.com/Z1uS5dP.png
http://i.imgur.com/9JNymxq.png
http://i.imgur.com/iVuFjDo.png
http://i.imgur.com/tLmfi6q.png
http://i.imgur.com/86e80sH.png
http://i.imgur.com/R8KzBOj.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q15q8TT.png
http://i.imgur.com/dJj160y.png
http://i.imgur.com/5wNKl2C.png
http://i.imgur.com/HqGt0Dd.png

My Kat:

L8ioYNdl.jpg

But I went to the Taito with the fugly screen and not playland f1r.

mr_boo

That's just sad,after all the work he's done to get the game to US early.

Here's hoping for no more accidents like that :(
Giving my sympathies...I've had my car broken into way back in my college days, they caught the kids actually breaking into my car...sorry you've had the happened to you MarkMan :(

Edit:
Quick Question: are most/majority of rage arts sequences of attacks with a invincibility frame(s) near the start-up? If so, I find this mildly annoying...to me, it's kind of the problem I had a bit with King of Fighters back in the day where too many characters basically had the same Iori-like super, but it just looked different. I'm really hoping some of the T7 characters have really interesting rage arts so that everyone isn't normalized to basically the same end-game options. For instance, King should have a pure throw-based rage art...

P.S. I know Kazuya has Devil Transform rage art....hopefully he's not the only one with something different.
P.S. Not trying to stir negative crap up, short answers suffices and I'll internalize :)

DEATH™

Giving my sympathies...I've had my car broken into way back in my college days, they caught the kids actually breaking into my car...sorry you've had the happened to you MarkMan :(

Edit:
Quick Question: are most/majority of rage arts sequences of attacks with a invincibility frame(s) near the start-up? If so, I find this mildly annoying...to me, it's kind of the problem I had a bit with King of Fighters back in the day where too many characters basically had the same Iori-like super, but it just looked different. I'm really hoping some of the T7 characters have really interesting rage arts so that everyone isn't normalized to basically the same end-game options. For instance, King should have a pure throw-based rage art...

P.S. I know Kazuya has Devil Transform rage art....hopefully he's not the only one with something different.
P.S. Not trying to stir negative crap up, short answers suffices and I'll internalize :)

Not majority, every attacking ultra has armor on it.

Manbig

DEATH™;162068953 said:
Not majority, every attacking ultra has armor on it.

This.

Also, they are almost all recycled animations thrown together with some fancy camera angles. Off the top of my head, the only really unique looking ones are Gigas, King, and maaaayyyybeeee Kazuya?

I would like to see Gigas' rage art.

You didn't watch the reveal trailer? It's in there. He basically slaps the opponent's head around like an angry ape thing. Also, the startup looks slow as hell. Only plus compared to the other rage arts is that it obviously crushes lows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTk4YKNZrLs

EDIT: I just noticed, even his goddamn win pose is a recycled animation. It's his goddamn rage art.

You know all this recycled animation stuff just reminded me of Tekken 5 to DR. Not many people remember but a LOT of animations that were old got updated between Tekken 5 and DR. Baek like got his entire moveset reanimated. A lot of people feel like a DR version is coming. Maybe the DR version will update a ton of these recycled animations. It's very possible since it's happened before.

BTW I really hope it has an R at the end to keep up with tradition. Like Tekken 7: Climactic Resolution or some bullshit

Manbig

You know all this recycled animation stuff just reminded me of Tekken 5 to DR. Not many people remember but a LOT of animations that were old got updated between Tekken 5 and DR. Baek like got his entire moveset reanimated. A lot of people feel like a DR version is coming. Maybe the DR version will update a ton of these recycled animations. It's very possible since it's happened before.

BTW I really hope it has an R at the end to keep up with tradition. Like Tekken 7: Climactic Resolution or some bullshit

You're right, and that would be nice. It wouldn't necessarily fix my main issue with this whole situation, but it would be appreciated.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If they do make a Tekken 7 Bloodline Resurrection, I hope they separate torso customizations from arms and the like.

AAK

Tekken 5 still had a TON of new animations coming from Tekken 4. King had so much new stuff. Almost every throw had a unique break animation except for some command grabs. The wall hit animations were completely redone. There were also a lot of unique animations that would happen in juggle states i.e. hitting a Sky Rocket with Hwoarang in the air. There were also brand new knockdown animations, new death animations depending on the last limb hit.

Tekken 7's complete copy paste is still a far cry from Tekken 5.

Gambit61

I was all set on picking a new main until I saw Leos muskateer outfit <3

Gonna make the prettiest androgynous princess.

You're the first person to say they like that outfit, I'm a fan of Cervantes/Leo as well. King, Leo, and Gigas should be fun in this game. I hope they show Yoshi and Lei next.

HeelPower

Tekken 7's complete copy paste is still a far cry from Tekken 5.

Do you like TTT2's movesets ? Every character barely got any changes outside of frame data properties,different bound and shallow added extensions here and there.

It was pretty damn depressing how little effort they put into that.

TTT2 was freaking lazy...They literally settled for adding Tag assault,Raw Tag,Tag crash and called it a day.

lupinko

Gigas looks like a ton of fun!

This match is so good.

I like the how player was able to effectively employ movement for such a big character.

Do we have any consensus on how movement is compared to BR and TTT2 ? It seems nerfed just by the look of it ,but this video gives me some hope!

Are you a Kat player in Japan,I presume ?

I am really excited for Kat and I'd like to know any opinions on how the character fares at this point.

So far db+3(KD low) and df+4(not sure on the input) her CH knee seem to be stand out moves.

Does she have any good punishers ?

She's a lot of fun to play and is very versatile. She has lots of combos and doesn't require a high learning curve like say a Mishima. Her dash cancel Knee is used in a lot of combos. I haven't found a way to combo her Rage Art yet, I know you can combo Shaheens and Kings.

Df4 if I think done on counter hit (I don't know the term for this stun) can lead to combos like her default 444444, or launcher into standard bnbs. After a launcher or sweep I tend to either use b1,b1,df1,22,f4 to do dash then 4 again to hit the knee, a simpler one is just b11,22,f4,4. She has others that cancel the dash chop or overhead but those do less damage and are easier to drop inputs unlike the safer ones I use. They're flashier tho! Also her hop kick of uf4 is good because it has follow ups, so you can play safe if blocked (or be dumb or fall prey to lag, since uf44 is 2 hits, then 4 again hits mid from there it could be 4444 or the second combo I posted for example. She's a lot of fun, she's basically my main now. I want to play Shaheen too, and still undecided on an older character since Marduk is gone (no Gigas is not Marduk).

Df3 is good because it also has a follow up as df33 which hits mid then sweep. D3 is a low poke d33 hits low then mid, d34 hits low then high. She has lots of variations.

Dunno if it suffices but this is the biggest image I could find:

iQO7oZGo5F6Ku.png

Thanks, but I got a higher res one that I cleaned up from Markman, but he was in the process of getting me an even higher quality one.

AAK

Do you like TTT2's movesets ? Every character barely got any changes outside of frame data properties,different bound and shallow added extensions here and there.

TTT2 was freaking lazy...They literally settled for adding Tag assault,Raw Tag,Tag crash and called it a day.

TTT2 isn't a mainline sequel. It's another incremental addition to the Tekken 5 formula that Tekken 6 improved on.

But even then, let's look at the impact a tag button, tag assault, tag crash involved in the core gameplay. Now look at the impact Rage Arts and Armor Moves have on T7, it's still a massive difference.

Even after that, take a look at how many new moves Namco animated for TTT2: True Ogre, Jun, Kunimitsu, Julia's new moves, All the new moves the console specific characters got, all the Tag throws animations, all the brand new win-pose and intro animations.

When you compile all of that it definitely does look like TTT2 had considerably more effort than T7 for that matter.

DEATH™

You can't say that... Seriously... From development standpoint, Tag 2 is ambitious. To add at least 3 moves for the T6 cast (moreso than T7), reanimate as much old moves and old animations, redesign and reanimate all the old characters (Jinpachi, Ogres, Angel, Jun, Kuni, etc.), make tag throws, and not to mention making them all as balanced as they could while also considering the tag mechanics? Darn mad respect...

Sorry, but no matter what you think of the game, you can't say Tag 2 is lazy. If you think that is lazy, then everything will be lazy for you...

HeelPower

But even then, let's look at the impact a tag button, tag assault, tag crash involved in the core gameplay. Now look at the impact Rage Arts and Armor Moves have on T7, it's still a massive difference.

Yes ,Tag adds massive difficulty and complexity ,but it was a change that was easy to implement.

A generic animation that adds massive vulenaribility and allows you to change characters.It also fucks up constantly at the walls.

Tag assault was probably the hardest thing to implement...I admit that was probably a pain in the ass to program ,and it shows in the final game anyway.

DEATH&#8482;;162152482 said:
make tag throws, and not to mention making them all as balanced as they could while also considering the tag mechanics? Darn mad respect...

They had already had strong base to build on.T6BR was already very close to being very balanced.TTT2 actually tweaks very little in this regard .

TTT2 is solid ,but it presents no strong departure to me when all it did was a highly frustrating and elusive mechanic known as the Tag mechanic.

She's a lot of fun, she's basically my main now.

Cool,glad you enjoy her.

I can't wait to play her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom