• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
get hype!
Terraria FB page said:
The new PC update has just hit 1,000 items! I think it's fitting that it was a confetti gun.
rVTQ01F.png

VandalD

The wiki says that there are 654 different items currently in the game, and that's including console stuff we don't have. This is going to be quite substantial. It's a bit surprising they won't be charging money for it.

Raxum

New 1.2 preview video is up. LINK. Lots of new and cool looking stuff, probably going to take up a bunch more if my time, but I can't wait to get into it.

Cronee

New 1.2 preview video is up. LINK. Lots of new and cool looking stuff, probably going to take up a bunch more if my time, but I can't wait to get into it.

I...I think... I need to change my underwear.

So much awesome just happened in that video, holy shit.

VandalD

I wonder if that's the maximum zoom out for the minimap. It's a bit pointless as it is in the video, since you can barely see farther to your sides with it than you can without it. I suppose it's good for the vertical visibility, but in that case you could just squish it horizontally.

Retro

A youtuber could show us a bit more of 1.2 thanks to Red :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmpWMam-9HU

(couldn't watch it yet youtube vids won't load for me at the moment ...)

Nothing great, it shows there are now dye slots next to your vanity slots, which you can drag different dye colors to to change the color of your outfit. The video is mostly just a guy goofing off with three different outfits, applying only one set of dye to them (and in two instances, the same color).

Not great, but it's neat knowing how dyes will work for clothing.

daevv

I have all the armor, pets, lots of gold, vanity items, and very good weapons/tools if anyone can spare the time to let me hang out in your Hallowed or Corrupt worlds till the trophies pop. Thanks!

PSN: daevv

Retro

From Twitter:
Redigit said:
To answer the big question- I do not have a solid release date for the update. Ideally it will be done by the end of July.

I was hoping Terraria 1.2 would be out for a while to take the edge off the wait for Starbound, but at the rate Red is going we'll probably just end up playing Starbound first and ignoring his patch.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
This was kind of brought up over in the Starbound thread, but here's an updated GAFServer map pack for you guys to play in:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cdtwl1j25aed4qq/NeoGAFTerrariaServerMaps.zip

If I am doing that Terraria server last hurrah thing, I'll probably take the best bits out of those three maps and just put them into one huge map for us to play with. And maybe put in a few other surprises too, not sure.

Anyway, if you guys have any questions, let me know.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
You will be re-hosting a GAF server for 1.2 right HaRyu?

Probably, unless the Starbound beta hits first (unlikely), but if it does, no more Terraria for me. :p

It'll be a vanilla server (no mods), password protected. I'll post server info at some point when its nearly time.

As I posted earlier, I'll probably import in some of the stuff in those three maps from the archive, into the new server map. Can't really prevent Hard Mode from kicking in on a vanilla server, as far as I know, so I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to turn it on or not (I know someone will always turn it on, even if I politely ask don't turn it on, so I'm not even going to bother to ask). With that warning being said, don't use a brand new character when coming on to the server, otherwise, all the fun will be sucked right out of you.

charsace

Man I really don't like how the guy behind this has acted since other dude left to make starbound. Its like he's doing this update out of spite.

duckroll

He said he was done with Terraria. Then Starbound gets announced and starts to build steam. All of a sudden he's back to working on terraria, preparing to release a huge update.

He got married and had a kid. He didn't just stop working on Terraria, he also declined to be involved with Starbound because he wanted to sort out his family matters first. The update on Terraria has nothing to do with Starbound, it has everything to do with the fact that Terraria was ported to consoles, and PC fans felt a bit abandoned when the console versions had new content (developed by the company which ported it, not original creator). This is his way of giving back to the loyal PC fanbase - a FREE major update.

If all you can think about with regard to this is some imaginary jealousy going on between him and Tiy, and you actually feel unhappy about that, it sounds like you have major anti-social issues. :p

dLMN8R

You guys realize that real life isn't like the internet, right? People generally don't hold stupid grudges over non-issues and actually assign malice in cases where mere circumstances make things not work out well.

I'm sure all the people who worked on Terraria together have always been on great terms with each other, and are still on great terms, happily living comfortably off the hundreds of thousands of dollars they each made off of the game.

LycanXIII

Skab

I haven't really been following any news on the update over the summer, and I'm just now trying to kinda catch up and see what all is going to be in it. I knew it was going to be a big update, but man this thing is going to be a monster.

Raxum

Okay, that is exciting! Can't wait to get back into this, might need to set aside a bit of extra time around my birthday trip in October for this. I'll be spending a fair bit of time trying to build my biome-separating castle with ridiculous chest storage and boss arenas again, in a way that can't get affected by hard mode... That's going to be difficult though I think.

Damn duckroll, I'm trying to ignore GTA 5 due to it not coming out on PC yet... :( I want to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom