• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Mastah

Hamilton just crashed into tyre barrier. Looking at the image, I guess it was mechanical failure.

MG_5656.jpg

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Could be 2 days wasted for Mercedes. Going off like that in a straight line would indicate another car problem for them.

edit: Saying the locked a wheel and went off.

Its past 11 already. Can you fill me in on what I missed?

Let me see if I got that right.

Red Bull Racing is the best team in the world, with Vettel as the best driver in the world and there was absolutely no reason to be upset about the way they handled the press during the car reveal. Why would they invite the press to take pictures of the car anyway? Such a silly assumption. If you don't like that, then you're a hater and just jealous of Vettel babys 3 titles.

mclem

The Lotus is looking awfully promising this year. Interesting to see what Kimi can do in it in due course, too.

I do hope Grosjean can keep it out of the other cars this season, he's got potential if he could just muster a bit more discipline.

Salamndar

I feel so good about Lotus and McLaren, still can't decide about the " pace " of Mercedes, Ferrari or RBR !

But still we are early in testing and things could change so fast.

Nicktendo86

I feel so good about Lotus and McLaren, still can't decide about the " pace " of Mercedes, Ferrari or RBR !

But still we are early in testing and things could change so fast.

If rumours are to be believed, Lotus are currently trying to court some sponsors so they might be tempted to do a few glory runs.

Nicktendo86

Awesome........But would love to see better effort from Mercedes...a shake down the team is a must !

Would be nice to see them at least finish a day's testing. I'm not expecting much fromthis year, next year with the new regs is what Hamilton is edging his bets on and if they are still behind the pace, I don't think he will be a happy bunny.

Salamndar

True, but would be nice if we can see in effort from that team...it's like they have already ruled themselves into losing !

Staab

Mercedes are stopping for the day, hydraulics problem that can't be solved quickly.

Wow, bad start: 2 early halts for their testing days :(

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rumours are Mercedes are doing something unusual with the wiring loom in the car.
They have the wiring built into the carbon fibre skin of the car rather than underneath and routed around as needed.

Lach

Thanks for the photos. I really like the sauber livery more and more.

btw. Kimi looks like Kenneth Brannagh in that picture

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That's not Kimi, that's technical director James Allison.

Oh. Well that explains why Kimi looks so weird.

Lol.

Thanks for the photos. I really like the sauber livery more and more.

No problem! Yeah, that Sauber is looking great. I think my favorite is still the Marussia though.
I mean, just look at that!

Pretty sure this is my favorite picture out of the bunch though. It's fun to see rich kid all frustrated.

Zozobra

Step 1: Sign up for Unblock-US. They get you access to a whole bunch of sites by using a DNS thing so you don't need a separate VPN quota. You can also access Netflix, Hulu and other stuff. It also works for BBC ;)
Step 2: Configure DNS on router.
Step 3: Create "UK" account on your PS3.
Step 4: Download BBC Sport app on PSN.
Step 5: Enjoy streaming F1 in HD on your PS3 :)

You can also do it by just configuring the DNS on your router or PC and streaming direct from the BBC website... but it's more like actual TV when it's on PS3. And it's in HD.

Awesome, thanks for this. Do the races BBC is covering actually stream live through the iPlayer or is it only replays?

Adamm

Awesome, thanks for this. Do the races BBC is covering actually stream live through the iPlayer or is it only replays?

IPlayer shows exactly what's on BBC, so if its live on TV then its live on iPlayer :)

+ on demand, so you can just watch the "live" stream later

dubc35

Video not available in my country, so no it doesn't :p
D'oh! Sorry, I didn't know it was region locked. I'm not sure if there is another version of it online. Dream of the 90's is Alive in Portland from the indy show Portlandia.

Not a joke but Mercedes are looking for a new wiring technician.
The old guy must have gotten the sack!!
http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/en/#/category/recruitment/
Wow, only the first test but it is not looking good for Merc. THat said, all we heard last year was how bad the Ferrari was and Alonso almost won WDC.

God dammit I just noticed this new F1 thread.

I miss F1 GAF but school has been keeping me busy this off season. Just over a month to go I can't believe how fast its gone.

dubc35

Rumours are Mercedes are doing something unusual with the wiring loom in the car.
They have the wiring built into the carbon fibre skin of the car rather than underneath and routed around as needed.

Any sources on this or just speculation? No bother either way; just wondering.

Pimpwerx

Merc with 2 wasted days. 26 laps total. I hope they can get it sorted soon.

You guys ready for another season of F1RM? PEACE.

Leunam

Speaking of which, how did the other fantasy league/website go? A few guys here were trying out a different system last season.

Adamm

I'm almost getting my hopes up for the Ferrari this season.

How silly.

Its so hard to tell with Ferrari during testing, they tend to stick to a very strict testing programme & do loads of laps with none of them looking very impressive.

Although so far there have been no stories of problems with the car or it looking unstable - so its an improvement from last year at least.

Edit: 1m17.8s now for Massa!

Top Bottom