• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I hope that one day someone as weird as Santoro enters the stage and surprises everyone with their weird style. I though Dolgopolov could be that dude but he's too inconsistent. So is Brown.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that one day someone as weird as Santoro enters the stage and surprises everyone with their weird style. I though Dolgopolpv could be that dude but he's too inconsistent. So is Brown.

Tomic is probably actually the highest ranked 'bizarro' player, so you have a point.

mclem

Scottish tennis players in 4 finals, what a time to be alive.

Funny, I'm sure they said on the Beeb it was British tennis players in 4 finals ;-)

(Also, it's worth also recalling that Konta did really well as well. I'd love us to get some sort of a reliable foothold in the women's game, it's been feeling like it might happen between Watson, Robson and now Konta for a while)

And Chang, a 17yo, 5'8 slam winner. Today it's absolutely unthinkable.

And to think it was only slam. His infamous 4th round match against Lendl is insane. Imagine being 17 years old, up against the world number one and being two sets to love down and a break in the third. Imagine if we had internet forums when Chang pulled out his under-arm serve, the meltdowns would have been glorious.

Be happy whatever the result. Either Serena (deservedly, IMO) matches Graf or a player who's worked hard for years to develop her game becomes a first time Slam champion despite being a huge underdog in the final. Just hope it isn't a heartbreakingly close loss for Kerber.

Hope Jamie Murray & Bruno Soares can get it done in the Men's Doubles final. Three consecutive Slam finals in a row for Jamie with nothing to show for it would be rough.

Squalor

Be happy whatever the result. Either Serena (deservedly, IMO) matches Graf or a player who's worked hard for years to develop her game becomes a first time Slam champion despite being a huge underdog in the final. Just hope it isn't a heartbreakingly close loss for Kerber.
Would you prefer a Sharapova-esque blowout?

I don't. I hope it's competitive either way. I'm rooting for Serena, though.

Would you prefer a Sharapova-esque blowout?

I don't. I hope it's competitive either way. I'm rooting for Serena, though.

When you say Sharapova-esque blowout...

Do you mean shocking the world and blowing out S. Williams to win your very first slam?

Or do you mean getting blown out by Serena?

Thanks guys.

Just finished watching it. Damn Milos was kicking ass, too bad his leg was hurting again. Hopefully he can push his way up to top 5 by the end of the year. I would love to have a Canadian kid fighting for championships.

leng jai

Serena missing put aways every second shot. She'll obviously play way better in the second set if she loses the first.

She should have been docked the last point with that ridiculous shout way before the shot was done.

oti

Banned
Serena missing put aways every second shot. She'll obviously play way better in the second set if she loses the first.

She should have been docked the last point with that ridiculous shout way before the shot was done.

Only Asderaki-Moore is "man" enough to hold her ground against Serena.

Peru

Serena awoken on the brink of 1st set destruction, a bit Nadal-like. Let's see if Kerber can serve this out - damn that's a rough task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom