• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

That's the normal passes Murray produces, not the rubbish we've seen previously. He hits them better on the run, so maybe it's a better tactic for Raonic to approach up the middle.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If it goes to a fifth, I very much fancy Murray's chances due to the lack of tiebreaker and his superior fitness. I think if Raonic wins, it has to be this set.

leng jai

Not a fan of Layhani, just adds the theatrics for the sake of it. Overrules are wrong too often as well.

lol @ Murray saying "come on" after Raonic missed a first serve.

MIMIC

Banned
Murray thrives on this cat and mouse BS. But Raonic is doing well to stave off those kinds of points by coming to the net a lot sooner (because 90% of Murray's winners come from passes after the opponent FINALLY decides to come to the net, lol)

oti

Banned
Not a fan of Layhani, just adds the theatrics for the sake of it. Overrules are wrong too often as well.

lol @ Murray saying "come on" after Raonic missed a first serve.

He's more fun than the stoic Asderaki-Moore but in the end the umpire should not be too concerned with being fun.

Murray thrives on this cat and mouse BS. But Raonic is doing well to stave off those kinds of points by coming to the net a lot sooner (because 90% of Murray's winners come from passes after the opponent FINALLY decides to come to the net, lol)

Thrives like when Djokovic pretended to be tired at the Australian open final against him?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
One day Raonic is going to reveal that the sleeve was actually weighted training clothes, throw it off, and reveal that he can actually use the Special Beam Cannon his backhand.

leng jai

How bad has Murray's offensive forehand been today? Either puts nothing on it or hits it out. Would be unforgivable if he somehow breaks himself here.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How bad has Murray's offensive forehand been today? Either puts nothing on it or hits it out. Would be unforgivable if he somehow breaks himself here.

His crosscourt has been good, it's specifically the DTL that's fucking up. Which is frustrating, because it's 100% the most important shot for playing Novak.

leng jai

Murray deliberately prolonging the game to exacerbate Raonic's injury. Masterful tactics.

His crosscourt has been good, it's specifically the DTL that's fucking up. Which is frustrating, because it's 100% the most important shot for playing Novak.

The inside in one has been pretty bad as well. The cross court hook has always been his best forehand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The inside in one has been pretty bad as well. The cross court hook has always been his best forehand.

I think we're talking about the same shot - most of Murray's DTL attempts have been using the inside-in.

MIMIC

Banned
Dogfight of a game.

If this goes to a 5th, I'd say it's a toss up. Murray would be the favorite by most accounts, but I personally wouldn't make that call quite yet

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dogfight of a game.

If this goes to a 5th, I'd say it's a toss up. Murray would be the favorite by most accounts, but I personally wouldn't make that call quite yet

Yes, but you wouldn't call Murray as the favourite if he was playing Granollers, so...

Fucking hell. Id say Murray has the advantage now because no more tiebreaks, where Roanic would clearly have the edge, and who hasn't broken Murray since the very first game.

oti

Banned
This match is missing the jenesaisqoui. Maybe it's just the prospect of Djokovic waiting for the winnyer though.

Nah, Raonic is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom