• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Real question Bernie, if min.wage goes up to $15h, people can all afford ACA no?

Also lol O'Momo "great questio---- *ffs Hillary*"

GnawtyDog

Banned
That's really what's it's all about.

Pragmaticism vs. idealism. Sanders is right but Hillary is also right. The country is not ready. Work bit by bit to get it done not by a single push. It won't work. The GOP and special interest will beat it. Hec Dems will even bail - due to what Sanders even says - special interest heat.

legacyzero

Banned
The only thing that ever bothers me about Bernie is that he is SOOO on message, that it sometimes feels like he cant answer genuinely

giga

silly gif. prove me wrong? They had over 50 senators that wanted universal healthcare. Using the nuclear option (in which they did for the affordable care act) IT WOULD HAD PASSED! Sorry to ruin the gif for you.
Show me this. And show me they had the same in the House.

50 wouldn't even matter because you need 60 to pass filibuster.

Is it really that hard to link the idea that money in politics/lobbying = votes against single payer?

Yeah I don't see how this is unreasonable at all...

Either way I don't get Hilary trying to use this against Sanders of why they are all debating at all. They all seem to be after universal health care even if the steps are different.

Worthless cop out on the public option---as if the media and the backroom deals with the insurance and drug lobbies didn't directly derail that and "the party's Debate".

Vice

Bernie stays falling back on the same answer. It can only go so far and in debates in the general election will get him slayed.

bernie is completely wrong about the partys not hating each other.

that's what every political science research says is actually happening.

kirblar

McArdle on the issues with Single-Payer: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-04-30/single-payer-would-make-health-care-worse

tldr: You can only slow growth, not roll back price increases- our cost levels relative to other things in the economy make public financing unfeasible.
Austan Goolsbee ‏@Austan_Goolsbee 3m3 minutes ago Chicago, IL

they dropped the single payer plan in Vermont when it would have required a tax increase in excess of the entire VT tax base

The way I see is that Hillary wants to do things that actually have a chance of passing through Congress. Bernie's plans are just hopes and dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom