• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
8xxfm3.jpg

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I hate to reference Grace ever, but she covers how low its ratings have been on her show:

Clearly not the only source reporting Acolyte's bad numbers. The fact it's not on the originals chart at all indicates how poor the viewership has been. The source you're quoting is nowhere near as important or large as Nielsen.

It's a disaster. Objectively so when looking at the important charts.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
As if this show will be on anyone's mind/streaming list in a few more months.

And how many baby yoda equivalents will it sell? All these spin-offs owe everything to The Mandalorian. If that wasn't as good as it was, none of these would be around. A blessing and a curse, it was.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
It's crazy thinking back to 2012 when it was announced Disney bought Lucasfilm, and it was kind of an exciting time. They were just a better and more competent company back then. We had zero fucking idea what we were in for.

Well that was around the time the blue hairs started to infest the company and like most of western entertainment companies, it's too late for most of these companies due to the blue hairs being attached to the companies like Parasites sucking thier host dry...

Last edited:

BigBeauford

This review got me, and I have to admit I am also tired of discussing Star Wars online. It's just relentless hate since the prequels which were like 20 years ago.

Man, they absolutely put the kids glove on with this. And opening with attacking fans? These guys are shills.

It's crazy thinking back to 2012 when it was announced Disney bought Lucasfilm, and it was kind of an exciting time. They were just a better and more competent company back then. We had zero fucking idea what we were in for.
I was thrilled at the time. People wishing George had kept the brand are looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

The best SW content outside the OT were things Lucas didn't touch. Hell, I've had to buy fan edits of the OT because George couldn't help himself fucking those up with his "Special Editions".

George is Anakin Skywalker without the redemption. He became exactly what he despised as a young filmmaker, and the only consistent thing about George Lucas is his inconsistency. He'll say Star Wars is made for 12-year-old boys, but then produce a trilogy centered around politics or comment about how he wanted to make a film about the micro biotic world of the midichlorians.

Say what you want about Disney, but George Lucas is incapable of producing something like Andor. He is incapable of telling a story like Lost Stars by Claudia Gray. He is incapable of making something like Knights of the Old Republic. He is incapable of making something like the Thrawn Trilogy. There are hundreds of examples of content produced by people other than George Lucas that surpass his capabilities.

George made his prequel trilogy exactly how he wanted, and it sucked. He subsequently failed to produce anything good, rage quit and sold it to Disney which completed his Darth Vader arc. Now the franchise is being run by weird losers who are producing content for themselves and other weird losers.

Jack Black Yes GIF by Disney+

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I think it was always going to be hard to create something as good as the OT. But I found the Mandalorian and Ahsoka entertaining.

I've noticed that a lot of older fans treat this stuff like some kind of legendary fiction akin to The Lord of the Rings. But it has always been just stupid fun fantasy largely crafted with younger audiences in mind. And that's fine with me.

With modern media many people watch stuff they don't like and yet keep watching it then complain. I don't get that. If I don't like something I just stop watching it and move on.

There's also a small but vocal group who hate on shows for "reasons". I just ignore them. I figure they're just sad old boomers who wish everything was like it was when they were kids back in the 70's.

Ironbunny

Just watched Andor again after sitting through Acolyte. Such a great show. Cant remember last time I've had goosebumps over Star Wars but Luthen's speech hits every time I watch it.
Around six months to go for season 2.

Mecha Salesman made a great edit of the speech:

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Just going to put this here.

I'm shocked she is hanging on this long. She doesn't seem to have any particular pet project she wants to get done other than her particular "vision" for Star Wars. I'd have expected some totally new Lucasarts IP from her but AFAICT she has not launched anything wholly new.

Top Bottom