• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders should've used the Flint pivot to close HARD on not just resignation, but serious criminal charges, environmental issues, fracking, Detroit, SoCal---let him be the one to channel a bit of Robocop to cancel out the Star Wars nonsense from before.

I hate that the first thing he has to says is "we thought there would be fireworks."

Like, that's the important thing here! Drama and sound bites!

I don't think Bernie did a great job of appealing to the people he's doing bad with.

But I agree that I would be fine with any of these 3 leading the country

Wtf it can't end so abruptly. First debate I've ever watched without closing statements. What the hell happened? We still have 5 minutes to close.

watershed

Banned
Hillary "won" this debate. She had strong responses, got softball treatment for the most part, and didn't have any major slip ups. Bernie got grilled more than in past debates and O'Malley...was present?

thefro

Sadly I don't think we are going to have a President "Daddy" anytime soon. It sucks because these debate have really won me over on O'malley but it's clear he is going to stay as 0'malley.

I'd be curious to see how O'Malley would do in an alternate universe where The Wire doesn't exist and the Freddie Grey doesn't get killed by cops roughing him up.

User1608

Banned
Wow, the incompetence from the moderators lol. All I can say on that note is each of these candidates are cool in my book, especially Hillary and Bernie. Hillary is the overall winner in my book. Mostly clear and concise answers. Not pivoting back to the same point like Bernie did despite how much I agree with him. And poor O'Malley lol.

cDNA

Again they finished the debate early to move to the Spining room, that they have all the days of to do, but they have to take the limited time of the debate .

foxtrot3d

Banned
I can honestly say that the FOX moderators were much better and they had even more candidates on stage, here with only three candidates barely any of them get a chance to talk.

Meowster

I got to watch this with my boyfriend tonight and we had some very enlightening conversations throughout this debate. If anything, it encouraged both of us to set up our registration after both of us leaving our old addresses and preparing for the primaries and the general election.

Go to rockthevote.com if this has happened to you, you have to update your living address if you want to vote.

royalan

The just replayed Bernie's response to the question on minority support on CNN...wow, that really was a patronizing moment from him.

lednerg

All three did what they needed to do. Nothing all that shocking, here.

Everybody knows Hillary's got it in the bag. Including most Bernie supporters. However, they're voting for Bernie to make a statement to the DNC. Namely, "Enough of this center-right shit already. Let's embrace the progressivism that most of the Democratic Party believes in."

GnawtyDog

Banned
Hillary "won" this debate. She had strong responses, got softball treatment for the most part, and didn't have any major slip ups. Bernie got grilled more than in past debates and O'Malley...was present?

He lost his cool which is the worse part - almost lost his voice. In that sense he won't do much headway into the demographics that he needs to improve on. Mitchell grilled him hard dishonestly but he should expect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom