• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

No Avengers or Batman for best picture nominations? At least a SFX mention!

Ugh horrible year for movies. Horrible.

Some Indian movie about a math symbol and...a tiger, a documentary about a little girl with super strength, a retelling of the capture of Saddam Hussein, and some boring history lessons. Woopdie doo.

Troll post?

I really liked Argo. I feel like it was one of the top 3 movies of the year. I have no problems with it winning it. Life of Pi and Django were also deserving.

Also, so happy that Zero Dark Thirty didn't win shit. Most overrated movie, from the most overrated director.

Meier

Some Indian movie about a math symbol and...a tiger, a documentary about a little girl with super strength, a retelling of the capture of Saddam Hussein, and some boring history lessons. Woopdie doo.

:lol It's like I'm reading a Buzzfeed listing of worst tweets of the night. Thanks.

id2NTu3nQTFJk.gif

Wolverine didn't save Mystique:(

He was going to push her face back into the steps but she got away too fast.

Wilbur

Banned

I kept saying to myself has to be a troll has to be a troll, and then I got to the Saddam part and realised it wasn't.

Gaddafi bro

As a Canadian, I don't really get worked up about American patriotism, I kind of respect it to certain (tiny) level actually. But...but... If Michelle Obama opened the envelope for Best Picture and said "And the winner is 0 Dark 30" I admit I would've cringed and felt a bit uncomfortable. I still didn't get why she had to call it, but whatever, it's kinda cute I guess, going back to the glory days of Jackie O' etc.

Qvoth

Argo was a "good movie" because it was fun to watch, the chases, the suspense in all it's traditional Hollywood film glory. But I would definitely not considered it as best picture material. I donno it wasn't that deep or dramatic. Meh whatever.

THIS

Argo got the suspense right. Even though you knew they'd make it out, the airport scene was fantastic nonetheless. Great balance of suspense and hope.

come on man, there's no suspence whatsoever, it was so obvious things will go just fine
in fact, i read an article about an interview with one of the hostages and he said everything went smoothly in reality, that part was just added to make it a more entertaining show (that was exactly what i was thinking when i was watching the airport parts)

pargonta

how can I watch these movies?

i would recommend a netflix dvd by mail dvd subscription for 8 dollars.

you should receive 2 films a week, and with things such as zero dark thirty and silver linings becoming available in late march and everything else around the same time, it will become worthwhile.

Big-E

Glad ZDT lost. Hurt Locker was a lot better than it I thought. The whole Osama thing went on far too long and it was almost comical how many times the soldiers tried to fuck it up.

As for Argo, I think it is Ben's least entertaining out of his films but it was serviceable. Life of Pi should have won out of the stuff I saw.

EDIT: Lol wrote Obama instead of Osama.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
THIS

come on man, there's no suspence whatsoever, it was so obvious things will go just fine
in fact, i read an article about an interview with one of the hostages and he said everything went smoothly in reality, that part was just added to make it a more entertaining show (that was exactly what i was thinking when i was watching the airport parts)

Sure, but not everyone (myself included) knew how the airport really played out.
Yes, we knew they'd get out, but I found the added stress welcome.

Just because we knew Lincoln died at the end and the 13th amendment passed, didn't make the voting scene any less powerful.

MIMIC

Banned
Oh God, my local newscasters are ripping into Anne Hathaway

"What was under her seat? Was it her meal for the week? Maybe it was her bra?"

BWAHAHAHAHA

Wilbur

Banned
I'm well haps QT picked up an award. While I think it's one of his most entertaining movies, the writing was definitely better in Reservoir Dogs and Basterds.

Retrospective Oscars methinks

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
my favorite moments:

-Seeing Chris Evans <3
-Jennifer Lawrence winning-chick is adorable, when she fell I knew she would sail right past it by poking fun at herself on stage
-Seth's hilarious intro; plus dude can sing!
-Charlize and Channing's dance number at the beginning

jtb

Banned
Yep.

Crash - shit
Departed - awesome
NCFOM - instant classic
Slumdog - shit
Hurt Locker - boring
King's Speech - boring
Artist - alright

slumdog is the best best picture winner of the last 5 years (including this year). search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Qvoth

how can I watch these movies?

be a "sea faring ship robber"
plenty of the "awards screening dvd" versions got leaked, so they're all of good quality, sometimes they just had the "this is for awards screening purposes only blablabla" subtitle shown for a second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom