• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bndadm

I really am the only one who thinks Lincoln looked like it was filmed as a TV ad aren't I? It's horrible in some shots, and the actor's voice sound so fake, his beard looks fake, it all looks really cheap. Plus, studio spotlight lighting in a room when there was no electricity. Not even an attempt to emulate candle lighting.

I can't say I disagree, but I did feel the film was entirely written simply to receive an Oscar.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What did he say?

He said that Day-Lewis wasn't the first actor to be nominated for playing Lincoln, mentioned the old 40s film, then said he thought the actor who really got inside Lincoln's head was John Wilkes Booth.

Then when the crowd was shocked he went "really? 150 years and it's still too soon?"

I feel like I'm the only person who was laughing at those jokes
7AgsF.gif

Koodo

Banned
Tina and Amy really do need to host this shit. Hosts at the Oscars get more than five minutes of screentime.

Seth MacFarlane can host the Globes.

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: "Searching for Sugar Man" wins for best Documentary Feature

WINNERS
Django Unchained (Best Supporting Actor)
Paperman (Best Animated Short)
Brave (Best Animated Feature)
Life of Pi (Cinematography, Visual Effects)
Anna Karenina (Costume Design)
Les Misérables (Make-Up and Hairstyling)
Curfew (Live Action Short)
Inocente (Documentary Short Subject)
Searching for Sugar Man (Documentary Feature)

Actors & Actresses
Christoph Waltz (Best Supporting Actor)

OSCAR COUNT
Life of Pi: 2

iamblades

I'm just stating for all you loving her like she is the best, there are some here who don't know her, and think it isn't worth the time

Sometimes opinions can differ, not everyone has to jump on and go ZOMG she sang 3 songs for Bond movies, how can you not know who she is

I'm 32, I have never heard of her, I'm sorry, but that didn't resonate Bond with me

Doesn't matter if you've never heard of her, she kicked the shit out of that song anyway, doesn't matter if she was a complete unknown singing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom