• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Assassin's Creed Shadows team has a message for our Japanese community

Spacefish

-“has nothing to do with assassin’s creed itself” The topic of the thread isn’t the topic of the thread? Are you for real right now?

-ah yes, I’m sure the vast majority of Japanese people, particularly gamers, have read that book. You’ve clearly mentally linked with all of them, Xavier using Cerebro-style, and spoken to them all about it as opposed to pulling a huge assumption out of your ass

-“race relations are almost irreparable“

Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

You know, I just finished my shift, had a good talk with my co-worker about how we’re looking forward to Deadpool this weekend, but I was not aware that deep down he detested my white ass, all because a video game is being made about a black dude being a samurai assassin in Japan

-ah, blaming media on violence. Didn’t realize Jack Thompson was still active and posting on Neogaf to boot

-if grown ass adults are falling into alt-right parties, that’s their own fucking decision and they can live with it. Spare me this sob story of “well, the cultures wars pressured them!” Fucking pathetic excuse for horrible behavior.

-“people in the first world are petty” Wow, that’s mildly xenophobic.

-bro tells me to stop making everything about race as he proceeds to make EVERYTHING about race

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Anyway, yes, just about all of Japan is so pissed about all this Yasuke stuff. Why, I’m sure no anime studio would ever animate a story around hi-

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Well, um, but the AC game itself! The Japanese are SO mad, this game will definitely bomb in sale-

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

Um, um, well CLEARLY they’re getting the game to take it outside and smash it to bit with a hammer! Y, y, yeah, that’s it! I mean, there’s no way that the above conspiracy theory could be, dare I say it, ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

Danger 5 Laughing GIF
Reading this post is draining my IQ I feel like I'm on facebook. Yeah, the issues are about more than assassins creed which is why my initial post was about thomas lockley and the scam he's been pulling, assassins creed is a shitty AAA game that is highlighting the issues with both historical revisionism and the woke activists infecting western media. There are millions of Japanese who are annoyed, I know your play book was originally that it was all fat white weebs in their basement using google translate but we've moved beyond that point, keep up.

Irrelevant point bout jack thompson, you're reaching so hard. People adopt views about history, social norms and race through media, this includes news, videogames and your beloved capeshit propaganda, kids in hong kong and ukraine were quoting old Hollywood films when fighting for democracy, now they are being programmed to fight for what? gay rights in Zimbabwe?

That yasuke anime was commissioned before Ubisoft made it controversial, its being directed by leshean thomas and commissioned by the usual propagandists at Netflix, all at the same time as AC, the stage play and a billion other yasuke obsessed media, weird coincidence huh? All of which are unavoidably using thomas lockleys fan fic as their source because he IS the source for 99% of it. The timing makes this irrelevant and the anime is mercenary work, its about as japanese as the halo or starwars anime, try again in 5 years.

Race relations have become irreparable because the left has transformed history into an original collective sin, this is a relatively recent development but I dont expect you to have any thoughts about this since your general mode is to ignore the obvious social and political trends around you. so yes its my fault that all this is happening, I started it all because you're myopic and I'm the first person to ask you to think directly about race relations in your entire life, keep your head in the sand, the Japanese dont exist, its all white guys pretending, polarisation is all someone else's problem not yours. yes, people in the first world are petty, you're arguing about videogames and anime on the internet, enjoy your disney capeshit with your buddy.

Its funny you're posting amazon sales rankings from may where it was beating SF6 which was over a year old, its cool they sold 1000 copies that week, I'm happy for them. lets look at where it is today. oh wait... its not even among the top 100 games in japan? that's weird were did it go? wait they are playing anti DEI, anti sweet baby songs in Japanese retailers? where did your narrative go? blah blah blah conspiracy theory blah blah blah not allowed to think about anything that isn't sanctioned and pre-thought by the masses, I'm bored and you're boring. I look forward to the thousand reaction images from a human AI who thinks using memes instead of his own mind.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Reading this post is draining my IQ I feel like I'm on facebook. Yeah, the issues are about more than assassins creed which is why my initial post was about thomas lockley and the scam he's been pulling, assassins creed is a shitty AAA game that is highlighting the issues with both historical revisionism and the woke activists infecting western media. There are millions of Japanese who are annoyed, I know your play book was originally that it was all fat white weebs in their basement using google translate but we've moved beyond that point, keep up.

Irrelevant point bout jack thompson, you're reaching so hard. People adopt views about history, social norms and race through media, this includes news, videogames and your beloved capeshit propaganda, kids in hong kong and ukraine were quoting old Hollywood films when fighting for democracy, now they are being programmed to fight for what? gay rights in Zimbabwe?

That yasuke anime was commissioned before Ubisoft made it controversial, its being directed by leshean thomas and commissioned by the usual propagandists at Netflix, all at the same time as AC, the stage play and a billion other yasuke obsessed media, weird coincidence huh? All of which are unavoidably using thomas lockleys fan fic as their source because he IS the source for 99% of it. The timing makes this irrelevant and the anime is mercenary work, its about as japanese as the halo or starwars anime, try again in 5 years.

Race relations have become irreparable because the left has transformed history into an original collective sin, this is a relatively recent development but I dont expect you to have any thoughts about this since your general mode is to ignore the obvious social and political trends around you. so yes its my fault that all this is happening, I started it all because you're myopic and I'm the first person to ask you to think directly about race relations in your entire life, keep your head in the sand, the Japanese dont exist, its all white guys pretending, polarisation is all someone else's problem not yours. yes, people in the first world are petty, you're arguing about videogames and anime on the internet, enjoy your disney capeshit with your buddy.

Its funny you're posting amazon sales rankings from may where it was beating SF6 which was over a year old, its cool they sold 1000 copies that week, I'm happy for them. lets look at where it is today. oh wait... its not even among the top 100 games in japan? that's weird were did it go? wait they are playing anti DEI, anti sweet baby songs in Japanese retailers? where did your narrative go? blah blah blah conspiracy theory blah blah blah not allowed to think about anything that isn't sanctioned and pre-thought by the masses, I'm bored and you're boring. I look forward to the thousand reaction images from a human AI who thinks using memes instead of his own mind.
Wait, you think the game won’t sell?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
globally? of course it will sell, I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks records. I think it has become a big enough cultural issue that sales will suffer in japan though.
It never sold particularly well in Japan as far as I’m aware, so Ubisoft probably doesn’t care.

Spacefish

It never sold particularly well in Japan as far as I’m aware, so Ubisoft probably doesn’t care.
If Ubisoft didn't care they wouldn't have released an apology. The thing about games with woke backlash is they get shit on pretty hard if they are mediocre, if AC shadows is a 6.5/10 the level of hatred they have built up will engender a reaction that makes it look like a 2/10. This will effect sales the way it probably did with other internet punching bags like starfield, starfield sold pretty well initially but it had no legs and was probably a disappointment compared to past Bethesda launches. Ubisoft needs a 20 million+ blockbuster because their stock price is in the toilet so this is an actual concern for them.

Also as a side note ghosts of tsushima sold over 1 million copies in japan alone, the sales potential was not insignificant, they completely discarded that potential

Last edited:

Acidjuice

I'm not getting back into this argument with you but this in particular made me literally laugh out loud;

so yes its my fault that all this is happening, I started it all because you're myopic and I'm the first person to ask you to think directly about race relations in your entire life
paired with your narrative that "woke" media is always pushing a race based agenda.

but its you, neo-gaf poster that has caused them to think about race relations for the first time ever.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

“Most pirates in this era were of Welsh, English, Dutch, Irish, and French origin. Many pirates came from poorer urban areas in search of a way to make money and of reprieve. London in particular was known for high unemployment, crowding, and poverty which drove people to piracy.”

Not sure if your trolling. Where do people think pirates from that era and region came from?
They were a mixture of people around that region, europeans and people from all over. Many of them from Wales. During the golden age of pirates, they could of been from europe, uk, or run away slaves. Or else where. So thats why it could be anyone, pirates in the carribean were from all kind of backgrounds.

I said Pirate world and Viking land because Im not sure the exact location those games were in.

The original natives of the carribean arent exactly your typical go to for pirates and arent the same people as the majority of carribean people now

smh, good lord man. Unnecessary but ok lol

I'm not debating how the pirate got there, I'm merely pointing out that you purposely tried distance that idea in your little list when you listed the setting and the race of the character.

Its clearly because you fucking know that you can just be like "Italy setting, Italian character, French setting, French Character, Carri....oh, wait, um" and then fucking list some weird shit like
AC1- Set in middle east - Play as one
AC2- Set in Italy - Play as Ezio
AC3- Set in America - Play as one
AC4- Set in Pirate world - Play as one, could of been anyone really

AC Unity - Set in France - Play as French Man
AC Syndicate - Set in England - Play as UK siblings

AC Origins - Set in Egypt, Play as Egyptian
AC Valhalla -Set in Viking land- Play as one
AC Odyssey - Set in Greece, play as Greek

sir, we clearly know why suddenly, you don't want to list that setting and race of the character.....you fucking boiled it down to WHAT they were doing to avoid that.

I'm not debating you on if a fucking pirate existed, my point is that the setting of that area, did not have a main character THAT ORIGINATED IN THAT SETTING.

He traveled there, sure, he is a pirate to raid and steal and loot, ok. No one is debating any of that, but clearly you can build that bridge of historical fiction and make a story where he goes to those islands he is not native to.

Even in Valhalla, the character isn't native to those lands, as to why you state "Viking land" cause clearly it doesn't fit the narrative you placed above.

Why is this some wild concept when we throw that into Japan? Person came from a different place, to go do assassin things in a different place....we already have that in several AC titles, I don't see that as some wild thing to try to cover up by naming a whole ass setting "Viking land" cause you don't want to list some different group of people, its not that fucking serious man and its weird you even did that as if we wouldn't look thru that list and realize such a weird change.

Look, its ok to be wrong, its ok to realize maybe this was done before and Shadows already fits something they've done.
Not sure if your trolling.
Nope and stop making it sound like someone fucking disagreeing with you is "trolling" as I don't think you are trolling cause you have a different opinion then my own, have that respect sir.
I said Pirate world and Viking land because Im not sure the exact location those games were in.
I highly fucking doubt that as you easily could have looked it up and it just happens that those exact 2 games are settings where the main character is not native to those lands

That is why you singled them out and tried to boil it down to "Viking land" and "Pirate world" cause clearly saying the race of the character and setting of the game wouldn't match.

So....I'm very much aware of why you cherry picked those 2 to have amnesia on lol

So look Kokoloko85 Kokoloko85 I have no issue with an AC having a character that is a different demographic then the actual setting, if it can be explained, I don't really care tbh. My issue was never with Pirates, my issue was that you could accept that, yet Shadows doesn't fit this despite it being based on a factual person that existed. AC IV, Valhalla and Shadows have settings and characters that make sense based on circumstances of the time of how they get to the setting of the game.
I think it has become a big enough cultural issue that sales will suffer in japan though.
smh, AC has never really sold that much in Japan as that has never been some region that would determine a win or loss for the publisher.

AC Shadows when it opened for pre-orders was sitting at number 1 on Amazon JP...so......I think you need to realize most don't care about some of the things you saying, like majority don't care lol Look at Battlefront 2015, look at Far Cry 5, look at Valhalla, sir...set aside some hate or bias or internet shit for a bit and realize NeoGaf will not determine AC Shadow's numbers man, I don't see any evidence AC Shadows will suffer in Japan, its likely going to become the best selling AC in Japan at this point as I don't even recall another AC debuting number 1 on pre-orders in that country on Amazon, as this might be a first tbh. I also agree with Doom85 Doom85 , this very much is creeping into that " jack thompson" area.

Spacefish

I'm not getting back into this argument with you but this in particular made me literally laugh out loud;

paired with your narrative that "woke" media is always pushing a race based agenda.

but its you, neo-gaf poster that has caused them to think about race relations for the first time ever.
I'm tired of talking to you, you've already proven you're a brick wall of mind numbing wilful ignorance. I still cant believe you were arguing with me for hours pretending slaves teleported into the uk 150 years after slavery was abolished. that was a direct response to a claim I was the one making this all about race, when the entire topic is racially charged from the beginning.

Acidjuice

I'm tired of talking to you, you've already proven you're a brick wall of mind numbing wilful ignorance. I still cant believe you were arguing with me for hours pretending slaves teleported into the uk 150 years after slavery was abolished. that was a direct response to a claim I was the one making this all about race, when the entire topic is racially charged from the beginning.
pause mr. historical revisionist, that was a response to a claim you made that all of the european riots stem from too much american television. lets not try to change history here

Bernardougf

It's whatever Ubisoft thinks can get them the most money.
I really dont think this companys take decisions anymore based only in what will make them more money.... they have not for quite some time really... which is really fucked up imho but is their business... so go for it.

Last edited:

Spacefish

smh, AC has never really sold that much in Japan as that has never been some region that would determine a win or loss for the publisher.

AC Shadows when it opened for pre-orders was sitting at number 1 on Amazon JP...so......I think you need to realize most don't care about some of the things you saying, like majority don't care lol Look at Battlefront 2015, look at Far Cry 5, look at Valhalla, sir...set aside some hate or bias or internet shit for a bit and realize NeoGaf will not determine AC Shadow's numbers man, I don't see any evidence AC Shadows will suffer in Japan, its likely going to become the best selling AC in Japan at this point as I don't even recall another AC debuting number 1 on pre-orders in that country on Amazon, as this might be a first tbh. I also agree with Doom85 Doom85 , this very much is creeping into that " jack thompson" area.
Are you actually going to read the post I made? ghosts of tsushima sold over 1 million copies in japan alone, GOT is a complete clone of assassins creed, it was a new IP so prior sales of AC in japan are irrelevant when discussing the potential and appetite for this setting and this kind of game with a Japanese setting. If a game is sitting at #1 on amazon for a week it means nothing, it was beating shit like SF6 which was at #2 or 3 and was over a year old, meaning what? it was selling more than a few hundred or a thousand copies that week, ok... its no longer in the top 100 while ghosts of tsushima is. when did I ever claim this irrelevant forum had any effect on anything, this isn't a Japanese forum and the main discussion is happening in other places. I dont know why you're trying to pretend the japan doesnt care about this when Ubisoft was forced respond to this "non existant" drama, their japanese response on twitter has almost 20 million views, there are anti AC music videos with over 2 million views, non gaming comedians with over 3 million followers were posing concerns, the general gaming population in japan is now hyper aware, come to your own conclusion whether the effect on sales is positive or negative its pointless to argue when you refuse to acknowledge anything but your own flimsy metrics.

pause mr. historical revisionist, that was a response to a claim you made that all of the european riots stem from too much american television. lets not try to change history here
I understand you're bored and you want someone to talk to, please spew your pointless mind numbing drivel at someone else.

Doom85

I wouldn’t even engage with him anymore. Dude was already spouting nonsense, and then he follows up with:

-blatant admitting to just refusing to listen to anything from people of a different political alignment
-randomly accuses me of never thinking of race relations like he knows me despite his 300-post self most likely never having spoken to me prior to this (and I have thought about that topic, but in actual important ways and not around a video game series with fantasy sci-fi time travel mind-merging parkour-ing assassins. Also, tries to high road me on this, but then unintentionally, or maybe intentionally, admits to hating people who stand for gay rights, WOW)
-also gets clearly angry how I actually provided some sources while he just throws out stuff with zero evidence (“millions of Japanese who are annoyed”, uh huh, which outrage-stirring YouTube channel told you that, chief?)
-admits to thinking we should blame media on how people behave instead of holding them accountable for their own choices, etc.

You also got to love how butthurt he clearly is still over that one “Japanese” guy being revealed to be white. I didn’t even bring that guy up, yet he‘s ranting about him regardless. You can just taste the salt.

And really, you have to love how the more extreme of the anti-woke have become what they hated and adapted their “YOU’RE RACIST!” methods. “You all just scream racism at something you don’t agree with!”, that was practically their catchphrase when arguing with “those damn wokies”. Well, how did “capeshit” put it?

renews cbs GIF

Also, yes Spacefish, we will enjoy the Deadpool movie and our “capeshit” (god, what a nonsensical term. When you use the word “cape,”, that’s it, there’s no cape____, it shows how little creativity the basic haters have), as opposed to losing our minds and start ranting about how it will somehow cause the downfall of mankind or shit.

the hulk laughing GIF

Also, yes I use gifs. I also know how to form sentences of a proper length rather than just rambling on and hopping from point to point rapidly with no rhyme or reason.

Happy Dr Evil GIF

You could've just condensed this to Ubisoft based Yasuke on made up bullshit and left it there.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Are you actually going to read the post I made? ghosts of tsushima sold over 1 million copies in japan alone, GOT is
? Well I actually read your post, my comment was merely about how the AC IP does in the country.

Thats it.
If a game is sitting at #1 on amazon for a week it means nothing
wow.

ok man.

Good luck with this logic.
japanese response on twitter has almost 20 million views,
Ok, but Twitter has never determined the success or failure of this IP, so...I don't really get this idea that actual pre-orders mean nothing, but Twitter view is the best metric

It just reeks of cope. I heard this same argument about Call Of Duty regarding downvotes and the game moved over 20 million units, I heard the same argument in favor of a fucking petition regarding Hogwarts Legacy and this is easily WB best selling game, I heard the same argument over Far Cry 5 and it went on to be the best selling Far Cry in history.... when you start ignore a pre-order in favor of a Tweet or Youtube view or downvote or um "petition" it gets into that weird loony area of just delusion.

I'm willing to debate if a game will do well or not, however I don't see Twitter or a Petition or any of this loony shit as anything that would be taken seriously, I have to take objective, factual sales as a measurement here man.

I'm sorry Space, I'd tell you this even if I fucking hated the game as I've told people this fucking shit on Call Of Duty, stop using dumb votes, views or "concert" tweets as any metric to ignore sales, that is the final metric that would truly determine any actual interest or not in the game. I don't even know if even a fraction of the views, tweets or what ever you are talking about were even going to buy the game at all or even game at all.

So my argument is not that 100% Japan doesn't care, merely not to the degree you'd like bud, when a game hits number 1 on pre-orders on the biggest retail platform in the world, it tells me....maybe the thing you are talking about isn't as much a deal to this country as you'd like and you may want to prepare some argument to explain its record sales or something lol I mean shit, I hate on a lot of shit on here man, but if the numbers on SALES support someone is buying it, you'd never have me saying this crazy, loony shit acting as if hitting number 1 "means nothing"

Build an argument on that majority are sheep, its about the heart that matters, REAL gamers are not the majority etc. Run with that.

Or else you just going to look like those that boycotted and made those dumb petitions Far Cry 5 and Hogwarts Legacy

v5PAPU.gif

-randomly accuses me of never thinking of race relations
-admits to thinking we should blame media on how people behave instead of holding them accountable for their own choices, etc.
^ this 10000%

Like this is deep jack thompson esk shit. Like for the sake of the world, society etc. Using this wild logic, would be like saying MS needs to be responsible with how they release Forza, think of auto safety, what if someone plays Forza and crash a car, be for realz MS lol

This is such a wild take, not only can all AC been thrown into this whole thing, almost all games can be lumped into that lol I don't see this game as causing anyone to do any violence to any person regardless of demographic.

Spacefish

I wouldn’t even engage with him anymore. Dude was already spouting nonsense, and then he follows up with:

-blatant admitting to just refusing to listen to anything from people of a different political alignment
-randomly accuses me of never thinking of race relations like he knows me despite his 300-post self most likely never having spoken to me prior to this (and I have thought about that topic, but in actual important ways and not around a video game series with fantasy sci-fi time travel mind-merging parkour-ing assassins. Also, tries to high road me on this, but then unintentionally, or maybe intentionally, admits to hating people who stand for gay rights, WOW)
-also gets clearly angry how I actually provided some sources while he just throws out stuff with zero evidence (“millions of Japanese who are annoyed”, uh huh, which outrage-stirring YouTube channel told you that, chief?)

You also got to love how butthurt he clearly is still over that one “Japanese” guy being revealed to be white. I didn’t even bring that guy up, yet he‘s ranting about him regardless. You can just taste the salt.

And really, you have to love how the more extreme of the anti-woke have become what they hated and adapted their “YOU’RE RACIST!” methods. “You all just scream racism at something you don’t agree with!”, that was practically their catchphrase when arguing with “those damn wokies”. Well, how did “capeshit” put it?

renews cbs GIF

Also, yes Spacefish, we will enjoy the Deadpool movie and our “capeshit” (god, what a nonsensical term. When you use the word “cape,”, that’s it, there’s no cape____, it shows how little creativity the basic haters have), as opposed to losing our minds and start ranting about how it will somehow cause the downfall of mankind or shit.

the hulk laughing GIF

Also, yes I use gifs. I also know how to form sentences of a proper length rather than just rambling on and hopping from point to point rapidly with no rhyme or reason.

Happy Dr Evil GIF
what, dont want to reply to me directly? need emotional support from your buddies in the thread? this isn't a high school bitch fest, its a discussion. I accused you of not thinking about race relations since you implied I'm the one who made this discussion about race when its undeniably infused with issues of race from the start. gay rights already exist in the west, no, I dont think it should be a priority of the west to force those rights onto third world countries half way across the globe, more relevant to this conversation western media being obsessed with resentment and self obsessed identity politics is a negative development, I dont think messages to kids and young adults should be about the colour of their skin and where they want to stick their penis rather than fundamental, universal values they used to deal with.

Your sources were weak, I already gave a response for why in the last response.

"You also got to love how butthurt he clearly is still over that one “Japanese” guy being revealed to be white. I didn’t even bring that guy up, yet he‘s ranting about him regardless. You can just taste the salt."
I haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about here, who?

the rest of the points you're making are vague strawmen that aren't responding to my points directly. oh wow you're unironically quoting from superhero films huh... cool man, I'm glad you have hobbies.

Spacefish

? Well I actually read your post, my comment was merely about how the AC IP does in the country.

Thats it.

wow.

ok man.

Good luck with this logic.

Ok, but Twitter has never determined the success or failure of this IP, so...I don't really get this idea that actual pre-orders mean nothing, but Twitter view is the best metric

It just reeks of cope. I heard this same argument about Call Of Duty regarding downvotes and the game moved over 20 million units, I heard the same argument in favor of a fucking petition regarding Hogwarts Legacy and this is easily WB best selling game, I heard the same argument over Far Cry 5 and it went on to be the best selling Far Cry in history.... when you start ignore a pre-order in favor of a Tweet or Youtube view or downvote or um "petition" it gets into that weird loony area of just delusion.

I'm willing to debate if a game will do well or not, however I don't see Twitter or a Petition or any of this loony shit as anything that would be taken seriously, I have to take objective, factual sales as a measurement here man.

I'm sorry Space, I'd tell you this even if I fucking hated the game as I've told people this fucking shit on Call Of Duty, stop using dumb votes, views or "concert" tweets as any metric to ignore sales, that is the final metric that would truly determine any actual interest or not in the game. I don't even know if even a fraction of the views, tweets or what ever you are talking about were even going to buy the game at all or even game at all.

So my argument is not that 100% Japan doesn't care, merely not to the degree you'd like bud, when a game hits number 1 on pre-orders on the biggest retail platform in the world, it tells me....maybe the thing you are talking about isn't as much a deal to this country as you'd like and you may want to prepare some argument to explain its record sales or something lol I mean shit, I hate on a lot of shit on here man, but if the numbers on SALES support someone is buying it, you'd never have me saying this crazy, loony shit acting as if hitting number 1 "means nothing"

Build an argument on that majority are sheep, its about the heart that matters, REAL gamers are not the majority etc. Run with that.

Or else you just going to look like those that boycotted and made those dumb petitions Far Cry 5 and Hogwarts Legacy

v5PAPU.gif

^ this 10000%

Like this is deep jack thompson esk shit. Like for the sake of the world, society etc. Using this wild logic, would be like saying MS needs to be responsible with how they release Forza, think of auto safety, what if someone plays Forza and crash a car, be for realz MS lol

This is such a wild take, not only can all AC been thrown into this whole thing, almost all games can be lumped into that lol I don't see this game as causing anyone to do any violence to any person regardless of demographic.
I would appreciate if you responded to points I actually made rather than second hand points that were twisted and regurgitated by your disingenuous ideological allies. It smells of weakness when you do that.

Why do I have to repeat myself over and over again why the top 100 on amazon is meaningless if its only there for a few days. Lets look at the current top 3: prince of Persia the sands of time for xbox one (what the fuck, does anyone even own an xbox in japan?), a dualshock 4 controller and an amiibo, wow, im sure all these products are breaking records, the competition is wild out there. the fact that you dont accept this obvious point tells me you are completely disingenuous.

I dont know why you're trying to make my statements into so unreasonable extremist statement, I said it would probably sell great overseas and be affected negatively in japan, this is perfectly reasonable and there's no point arguing over projected sales since neither of us know for sure and its also not really that important to the core issues at play.

Spacefish

For you, it's a discussion. For them, it's a game of poisoning the well. Your mistake is giving them unnecessary amounts of seriousness.
its cool, I already know they are either literal kids, shit posting or really fucking dumb but I like to debate with them so people reading get a feel for how weak their general position is. It gets kind of laborious when they spin in circles but if people do this on every social media platform it helps prevent bad ideas from gaining traction.

its cool, I already know they are either literal kids, shit posting or really fucking dumb but I like to debate with them so people reading get a feel for how weak their general position is. It gets kind of laborious when they spin in circles but if people do this on every social media platform it helps prevent bad ideas from gaining traction.
But that's the thing, they're just wasting your time. Debate works if all the parties involved engage in good faith. Otherwise, it turns into a game of optics hence why I said you were giving them unnecessary amounts of seriousness.

Doom85

For you, it's a discussion. For them, it's a game of poisoning the well. Your mistake is giving them unnecessary amounts of seriousness.

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Bruh has just ranted nonsensically about conspiracies and “the media is brainwashing us, man!” this whole time. I’d get a more coherent conversation with the homeless guy wandering around with a “THE END IS NIGH” sign.

Seriously, how is it a discussion? He flat out admits to not listening to anything people of different political alignments have to say. He doesn’t want to have a discussion, he wants to scream a sermon at us. But apparently I’m supposed to tolerate this? FUCK THAT NOISE, I’m placing his ass on ignore, if you want to tolerate such behavior, be my guest, doesn’t mean the rest of us are expected to listen to someone who rambles on, makes baseless accusations, and cites “facts“ while not providing a single source, something even a middle schooler should know how to do if they’re going to state statistics.

Oh, and of course:

I already know they are either literal kids, shit posting or really fucking dumb
really fucking dumb

See, I called his particular arguments nonsense, I didn’t call him dumb in general. But this guy just couldn’t resist. Doesn’t make his argument look very strong if it has to be upheld by childish behavior like this.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Bruh has just ranted nonsensically about conspiracies and “the media is brainwashing us, man!” this whole time. I’d get a more coherent conversation with the homeless guy wandering around with a “THE END IS NIGH” sign.

Seriously, how is it a discussion? He flat out admits to not listening to anything people of different political alignments have to say. He doesn’t want to have a discussion, he wants to scream a sermon at us. But apparently I’m supposed to tolerate this? FUCK THAT NOISE, I’m placing his ass on ignore, if you want to tolerate such behavior, be my guest, doesn’t mean the rest of us are expected to listen to someone who rambles on, makes baseless accusations, and cites “facts“ while not providing a single source, something even a middle schooler should know how to do if they’re going to state statistics.

Oh, and of course:

See, I called his particular arguments nonsense, I didn’t call him dumb in general. But this guy just couldn’t resist. Doesn’t make his argument look very strong if it has to be upheld by childish behavior like this.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
Oh my... I must have hit quite a nerve for you to waste so much time and effort into a meaningless word salad.

Spacefish

But that's the thing, they're just wasting your time. Debate works if all the parties involved engage in good faith. Otherwise, it turns into a game of optics hence why I said you were giving them unnecessary amounts of seriousness.
yeah I'm stopping at this point because their arguments are devolving into nonsense bitching. We disagree on whether we should initially engage with them seriously though. A big reason why the pendulum has begun to shift in the other direction is they completely exposed themselves when put under a tiny amount of pressure. nobody bothered 10 years ago which is why we got into this situation in the first place. The goal is never to change their mind because the way they argue indicates its all in bad faith, these discussions inform passive viewers who have always formed the majority opinion, neogaf itself is completely irrelevant but similar patterns of counter argument are happening in more consequential forums.

MacReady13

I love the warriors in here trying to defend this shit by bringing up past games when it was Ubisoft AND the journos themselves all saying it was based on a REAL HISTORICALLY ACCURATE FIGURE! These aren't our words, ffs. They had 1 fucking job to do, and of ALL historical figures to pick they decided to make a samurai this guy?! Too late to backtrack now, idiots. People have been waiting YEARS for an AC game set in Japan and you spring this shit on them??? And you expected a different response? This is all you get when you hire idiots and try to cater to woke fools.

Doom85

That took a rather unintelligent turn...

You admit that I wasted my time responding to you and Spacefish, which shows you and Spacefish aren’t interested in having a conversation (despite Spacefish’s claims) but just yell, mock, and insult us while rambling on and on. Don’t try to Spin Doctor this, at least own up to being a basic troll.

You admit that I wasted my time responding to you and Spacefish, which shows you and Spacefish aren’t interested in having a conversation (despite Spacefish’s claims) but just yell, mock, and insult us while rambling on and on. Don’t try to Spin Doctor this, at least own up to being a basic troll.
Resorting to mental gymnastics, I see...

Toots

Gold Member
At this point I’m not sure if people are deliberately obtuse or just straight up trolling.
Im optimistic so i believe both side are experts trolls thinking the other side is serious, and thus the retardation augments exponentially...

But please for the love of god Doom85 Doom85 no more minions gif it's too much cringe, even for this thread.

Top Bottom