• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Pretty much. Empty "liberal" gestures that don't compromise like animal rights and stupidity like how muro worried are some folks when a lion is killed but a black person wronged is just "well, he should have resisted arrest".

That shit makes me boil.

Liberal in the US these days just means you don't watch Fox News. Nice for winning elections and when you're just trying to clean up Republican shit since you have the numbers, but terrible when it comes time to push issues you want since your numbers have less and less in common.

Listening to a lot of SWV for some reason. These girls had the sheer audacity to follow up one of their biggest songs in 'Right Here' with a song about eating coochie.

And it worked xD 'Downtown' is my shit

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Never tried only water so it seems draining
Good luck

There's always s next year
Think you tried some days last year which was cool

yup
Hunger means nothing
Thirst gets you quick
I have weird eating habits so sometimes I unknowingly fast a day or so here and there. It sucks though cause I've been trying to get back into the rhythm of working out regularly and it's stupid to starve myself while trying to work out.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought Jane was going to keep Mjolnr and Odinson was getting Ultimate Thor's hammer that survived Secert Wars.

I'm a bigger DC guy and loving rebirth, but I wish DC would put effort in making their comic line as diverse as what they out on TV and the movies.

she has cancer and mjolnir isnt making it better.

andthebeatgoeson

Just a way to burn fat, lose pounds, find my inner Zen, achieve victory over my inner fat boy.

Water only for 48 hours. And it's a way to know your limits. See what my Muslim brothers go thru. Hunger is a lot easier to deal with when you've blasted thru a fast for 24+ hours. I've dropped 15lbs since last year and i have another 20 to go. So, I'm trying fasting. I hit a plateau 6 months ago and i wanted to try something new. Tried working out, tried cutting calories, tried changing to healthier foods (lots of fruits, vegetables and salads).

If I've learned anything, it's how to say no better. So, just a personal challenge.

Couldn't do it without water. That sounds dangerous.

I'm as close to 48 hours as I've ever been. Been praying all day. Only way to generate willpower for me.

Numb

I have weird eating habits so sometimes I unknowingly fast a day or so here and there. It sucks though cause I've been trying to get back into the rhythm of working out regularly and it's stupid to starve myself while trying to work out.
Im the same. You are already half way there.
Eating habit is so bad and infrequent I actually ate more and gained 11lbs during the month with 21hr fasting days 😐. Zero excersise is of course the biggest reason. What you eat as well. If you set a time where you eat and a cutoff you are good to go. Will start getting used to it in due time
Just a way to burn fat, lose pounds, find my inner Zen, achieve victory over my inner fat boy.

Water only for 48 hours. And it's a way to know your limits. See what my Muslim brothers go thru. Hunger is a lot easier to deal with when you've blasted thru a fast for 24+ hours. I've dropped 15lbs since last year and i have another 20 to go. So, I'm trying fasting. I hit a plateau 6 months ago and i wanted to try something new. Tried working out, tried cutting calories, tried changing to healthier foods (lots of fruits, vegetables and salads).

If I've learned anything, it's how to say no better. So, just a personal challenge.

Couldn't do it without water. That sounds dangerous.

I'm as close to 48 hours as I've ever been. Been praying all day. Only way to generate willpower for me.
Damn I don't think I can do this but I'm glad its working. Seems like lots and lots of water is consumed

LionPride

Banned
Never tried only water so it seems draining
Good luck

There's always s next year
Think you tried some days last year which was cool

yup
Hunger means nothing
Thirst gets you quick
I've fasted before. Not on purpose, we had food in the house. Just didn't eat for a couple days

So just drinking water for 48 hours?

Every year I want to try out gaf Ramadan but I never do it. Shame and dishonor.
I'm literally only doing it so I can see if I can do it

fasting without water is playing with your life b
Yep

I can't with the world right now.
what's up

Numb

You are not expending much energy by sleeping and playing games
Would feel it if it were a regular day of activities

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I just found out we're supposed to be drinking 64 oz of water a day. I probably drink <%12.5 of that in addition to like 16oz of caffeine on avg so I probably am like getting %1 of my daily water intake. That explains the heat exhaustion lmao

Onemic

I just found out we're supposed to be drinking 64 oz of water a day. I probably drink <%12.5 of that in addition to like 16oz of caffeine on avg so I probably am like getting %1 of my daily water intake. That explains the heat exhaustion lmao

If that was true you'd be constipated 24/7

...unless you are?
1f914.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If that was true you'd be constipated 24/7

...unless you are?
1f914.png
Gotta destroy a bathroom rn actually. I'm being dramatic but you get the idea. I NEED to be healthier with water intake.

After learning to put water in the freezer from Gordon my intake increased
Especially during this season
Gordon got those "seasoned" tidbits. Like the lady at work that gives me random facts each week. They looking out for future generations. So adorable.

LionPride

Banned
You are not expending much energy by sleeping and playing games
Would feel it if it were a regular day of activities
That's why I plan on doing it Saturday and Sunday, two days were I typically ain't doin shit unless it's the evening and I'm out with friends.

I know one of my Muslim friends, he plays ball alot in his neighborhood. During Ramadan, he still tries and play, nigga ends up fatigued so quick. I don't know why he even tries.

Kreed

Can we skip to the part where these fuck ass cops get away with it? I'm tired.

Technically they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those witnesses with their meddling cell phones. Now, black folks have to peacefully protest just to remind the rest of the US to do their job and arrest the cops in the first place. Then we can skip to the part where the cops get away with it, followed by as little news coverage as possible of the cops getting away with so everyone forgets about it.

Johndoey

Banned
Ate some nachos, fish, scallops, lobster, and alligator with a few rolls, half a long island, and pepsi. I feel real bad.

And some dodgy oysters.

Malyse

That's not true though.

LionPride

Banned
One of the hardest things to do, tell a group of somewhat strangers but not really, why you used to hate your father. Like legitimate hatred.

Gaaaaaaadamn.

Ha ha, Pepper missed out on this one.

Oh, and those who are feeling bad about Rhodey's death? Read Captain America #10. It's black as hell, and gives Rhodey all the respect that Bill Foster never got.
Yep, yep, yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom