• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
This nigga had to make this worse for everyone else. OMG. Absolutely disgusting and now we are left with the ramifications. I'm not shocked this happened and at the end of the day, this man will still be dead while the cops who did the acts that lead up to this probably won't even be charged.

Yeah I'd say 1 step forward, 2 steps back but that would imply we were making any progress before that asshole came along. We were running in the same circles as we do with every police brutality tragedy and now we won't even have the opportunity to focus on those injustices because this new tragedy will completely eclipse them.

Being completely honest, race of the shooter doesn't even matter. They're going to keep killing us so long as they can keep getting away with it. Man's made it no worse or better than it already was.

What a circus this has been.

Being completely honest, race of the shooter doesn't even matter. They're going to keep killing us so long as they can keep getting away with it. Man's made it no worse or better than it already was.

What a circus this has been.

lol..Come on, brother. This shit validates them in their heads and makes them ratchet it up to 1000..

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't have time or the patience for anyone on my feed even remotely going to a place I don't agree with. Call me thin-skinned or not tolerant, but if you are barking nonsense at me in a medium that I have total control over, you can get the delete with the quickness. There are people who will never, ever try to empathize with others. I don't need that shit in my life or in my "cyber" life.

One thing I will say is the Dallas media and the PD went into great lengths to not connect the shooter to the march. They said over and over that the protesters were peaceful and there were no issues until the shooting started. Not sure what the national media and the PD are doing today though. The pictures and video I saw of cops talking to protesters, some connections being made, etc. was destroyed by a dude that seemed to hate every single person involved (if he truly hated BLM along with the cops). Now we will see the politicians twist this into something they can use for their benefit.

Yeah, I'll take good advice when I see it.

------

My mom got out of surgery. They found something in her stomach and are doing a biopsy now :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean we were gonna get killed anyway but now they have an actual cop out. Not that one was needed for killing black folks in the first place. Them police unions.

This nigga had to make this worse for everyone else. OMG. Absolutely disgusting and now we are left with the ramifications. I'm not shocked this happened and at the end of the day, this man will still be dead while the cops who did the acts that lead up to this probably won't even be charged.

I know. I said goddamn when I found out. Perceptions are just going to be worse for us making the struggle for justice harder.

Recently got my hat in support of this.
FYsqKOK.png

I ain't apologizing for shit, and if folks riding on white supremacy want to go for the "one = all" thing, then they'll have to justify their future actions. I don't plan on doing anything but the work I've already been doing.

Done explaining my life to fools.

toni-morrison-646755.jpg

I mean we were gonna get killed anyway but now they have an actual cop out. Not that one was needed for killing black folks in the first place. Them police unions.

they never needed a cop out before. what does having one even mean? does it really help them? does it push them from 100% to 110%? does that even matter really?

soooooooo..... 'Multiple sources" have indicated that the police used her seized phone to delete Diamond Reynolds video from Facebook.

so much for that 'glitch' story that we knew was BS.

Facebook in on the coverup?

why didn't they just say the video was deleted from the phone's Facebook app?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
they never needed a cop out before. what does having one even mean? does it really help them? does it push them from 100% to 110%? does that even matter really?
It means more cops with twitchy trigger fingers, more shootings where black folks are involved, and more dumbasses like Micah Xavier Johnson popping out the woodwork. Let's sprinkle some more GOP lighter fluid on the fire as well. This without a doubt makes matters worse then they already were and matters have always been bad. We were talking about making cops more accountable now the narrative has the potential to shift towards militarizing law enforcement even further.

It means more cops with twitchy trigger fingers, more shootings where black folks are involved, and more dumbasses like Micah Xavier Johnson popping out the woodwork. Let's sprinkle some more GOP lighter fluid on the fire as well. This without a doubt makes matters worse then they already were and matters have always been bad. We were talking about making cops more accountable now the narrative has the potential to shift towards militarizing law enforcement even further.

as long as they don't bring slavery back.

Slayven

Real talk, thinking about it. I doubt very little will change.

I mean what will happen?

Cops kill black people for the hell of it

Racists begin dog whistling

Slow incremental progress

Crocodile

D i Z

Ya'll should take my advise and crack open a favorite can of mixed fruit, grab yourself some bottled water to continue the active positive behavior that's been going on in here, and watch a season of your fav show. These problems aren't going to go anywhere, but distractions from the daily positive behavior will leave lasting impressions.

Ya'll should take my advise and crack open a favorite can of mixed fruit, grab yourself some bottled water to continue the active positive behavior that's been going on in here, and watch a season of your fav show. These problems aren't going to go anywhere, but distractions from the daily positive behavior will leave lasting impressions.

Going to walk a couple of miles, grab some liquor and practice some SFV. Pretty drained reading/watching all this crap..need a break from it.

D i Z

Going to walk a couple of miles, grab some liquor and practice some SFV. Pretty drained reading/watching all this crap..need a break from it.

I did my walk and now I'm on Scorpion Season 1 (Keith David episode) And maybe a lil Overwatch later while I work on my hot sauce palette.

shingi70

Banned
Going to chill once I get off of work, tried reading some comics to getting my mind off it, but I keep looking at my phone to stay updated. Going to the movies with my girlfriend and her little brother to see Secert life of pets.

She's pretty sheltered, and was saying theirs still good people even if she realizes this country ain't shit.

In cool news looks like from the flash is going to black in the films as well.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-kiersey-clemons-female-lead-1201810036/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Real talk, thinking about it. I doubt very little will change.

I mean what will happen?

Cops kill black people for the hell of it

Racists begin dog whistling

Slow incremental progress

I agree with this entirely. I don't think this is going to be some monumental event that puts race relations/progress back 20 years. I just hate that any of this happened. The cops killing black folk, the police getting gunned down, all of it is terrible. All of it.

I'll make a thead once Cannon Busters is available to non-backers.

Oh, it's going to be made available to non-backers at some point?

All trailers/tweets/Tumblr posts stressed "BACKERS ONLY" to the point that I thought I was just gonna have to torrent it. lmao

Good to hear.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Sigh

I'm working on it.

Starting with the thread I see I missed on GT. WTF Harada way to make us all uncomfortable. Joke or not that wasn't funny. Glad he apologized tho.

Damn why can't it be Thursday already I am so ready to hit up EVO. Unfortunately I get there at 8pm so I miss a tournament they hold before EVO oh well. I wish I can change my flight to an earlier one it would be good to get the tournament nerves out the way.

Of course they use the pic of the brotha wearing a dashiki.

I work in a Afrocentric store....

Lawd give me strength for these next few days until this shit dies down.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
*girlfriend posts article about how to respond to people saying all lives matter on FB"

-----responses----

"Next your house gets robbed, you are scared for your life, you need to be protected call a friend not 911 😉"

GF: "What's that supposed to mean?"

"If you are so scared for your life from police don't call 911. That's who will show up"

🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom