• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

With all the fucked up shit that's been going on the past few days I'm that this came along to make me laugh.

Report: GHOST IN THE SHELL Casts Japanese Actress as SCARLETT JOHANSSON's Mother
...wat

Her mother isnt..really relevant hell in sac amd 2ng gig all they do is vaguely reference the accident that got her in her child prosthetic body. And suggest she may have the power to remotely control other prosthetic bodies.

So like is the movie like, flashing back to pre accident? But it never seemed like she even remembered that. She just references the orphanage she was from and it seems like quite often she forgets it.

So im curious what relevance her mother has

Johndoey

Banned
Real talk, thinking about it. I doubt very little will change.

I mean what will happen?

Cops kill black people for the hell of it

Racists begin dog whistling

Slow incremental progress

Of course nothing will change, we've done this before. Like almost this exact sequence of events. People take the wrong lessons or use this shit to bolster their nonsense then we spiral back to zero. I can't wait for the years of Obama + BLM + Shooters conspiracies this will spawn.
----

Shy

My mom got out of surgery. They found something in her stomach and are doing a biopsy now :(
I hope it turns out to be nothing, and your mum is well.
With all the fucked up shit that's been going on the past few days I'm that this came along to make me laugh.

Report: GHOST IN THE SHELL Casts Japanese Actress as SCARLETT JOHANSSON's Mother
y8v8WUs.gif

soooooooo..... 'Multiple sources" have indicated that the police used her seized phone to delete Diamond Reynolds video from Facebook.

so much for that 'glitch' story that we knew was BS.

Facebook in on the coverup?

why didn't they just say the video was deleted from the phone's Facebook app?
That's disgusting.

There needs to be a free app (if there isn't already) that also simultaneously uploads your vids to a cloud server, so that shit can't happen.
FFS. I hate this world.
*girlfriend posts article about how to respond to people saying all lives matter on FB"

-----responses----

"Next your house gets robbed, you are scared for your life, you need to be protected call a friend not 911 😉"

GF: "What's that supposed to mean?"

"If you are so scared for your life from police don't call 911. That's who will show up"

🤔
h4IWkm5.png

God people are dumb.

andthebeatgoeson

Still at work in downtown Atlanta. Rumors has it, some protesting might go on. I just want to go home and be a family man. I'm not in a good state. Have to work all weekend. Maybe catch up with my buddy who's going thru a divorce/dealing with a false domestic violence charge and a restraining order.

And I'm not watching that facebook video. The Alton video was too much.

I want to go home.

People at work say there were people lying in the street yesterday, possible protest stuff.

I'm all for it but I've got a lot. I got too many kids to be caught up. Shit, they need me more than ever.

----

Some positive news:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ys-philando-castile-would-be-alive-if-n605496

That needs to be celebrated. A white govenor, in Minnesota, not a racial melting pot, just said a black man wouldn't have been killed if he was white. It's not a grand changing moment but it wouldn't have happened at any other time except for now. He felt bold enough to say it. Thanks. When people are harmed, we need validation. Some type of acknowledgement.

----

I don't think the Dallas suspect will harm. The assholes who see race as the determining factor were bound to blame us or BLM. Fox was fucking that horse all night last night. Blaming the protestors. We actually had a virtual profiling, on GAF. Everyone 'called' in to say, the black guy in camo did it. It was amazing to see, in retrospect. No matter how well intentioned, you have to be amazed at the process. Need to get more info, stop crime and they pick up on some random black guy. No one saw him do anything. But people heard shots and assumed it was him. Then let the PD cosign it because, they must be right. Besada came down from the mountain with his tablets and the people yelled, 'But but but...'

We have to go thru this hard process of pain, suffering, excuses and every other thing under the sun to see victory. And it will take forever. We probably won't see true victory. Just hope to prepare are kids for a better world. Bold, intelligent, determined, eyes wide open.

----

Not sure if it's related but a chopper is outside and I'm hearing more cop sirens outside. I can't see anything. Hopefully, it's just Friday afternoon ATL traffic. WTF? I'm being paranoid but pray I get home safely.

The Adder

Banned
Real talk, thinking about it. I doubt very little will change.

I mean what will happen?

Cops kill black people for the hell of it

Racists begin dog whistling

Slow incremental progress

We're in a different ball park as of today. How long before we switch back, or even if we ever will, I can't say.

A lot of the people you'd expect to spew hateful nonsense are doing just that.

What's surprising is the ones that aren't.

Shit is precarious right now. No one wants to knock it off its perch. No one that matters is free to lay the blame at anyone's feet lest they themselves be blamed.

We're afraid right now, but for the first time in a long time we're not the only ones.

Yesterday would have been better, more meaningful, and more beautiful if what happened hadn't.

But it did. And it did so in a way that left GOP leaders, for example, not directly attacking BLM in anywhere near the way we expected.

I don't know what happens tomorrow. It might be the same shit as always. But today? Today is new.

I pray we make the best of a shitty situation.

jmood88

There's gonna be a protest down the street from my house in an hour or so but I'm not going. I don't fuck with the NOPD normally and I definitely don't want to be anywhere near them after the Dallas shootings.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
There's gonna be a protest down the street from my house in an hour or so but I'm not going. I don't fuck with the NOPD normally and I definitely don't want to be anywhere near them after the Dallas shootings.

Oh God I honestly can't say I blame you.

Stay safe.

Kreed

They're having a protest in South Florida today but it's while I'm at work so I'll just take that as a sign that the Spaghetti monster doesn't want me there.

Crocodile

I wonder if the abnormal temperatures are just pushing people over the edge, those on the edge don't need much

This is something my father says all the time. That during the summer shit always gets stupid because the heat gets to people. Not saying I buy it but its something I hear alot.

Con_Smith

Banned
Got a family reunion and funeral this weekend for my great uncle. In Baxley (south) GA. Atlanta hs me spoiled as far as police treatment goes and I'm not in the mood for any "Boy" fuck shit to pop off...

LionPride

Banned
Got a family reunion and funeral this weekend for my great uncle. In Baxley (south) GA. Atlanta hs me spoiled as far as police treatment goes and I'm not in the mood for any "Boy" fuck shit to pop off...
Expect it, Georgia outside of Atlanta is basically fuckshit

Sch1sm

This is something my father says all the time. That during the summer shit always gets stupid because the heat gets to people. Not saying I buy it but its something I hear alot.

There's a lot of studies that link heat to aggression, actually. It's not totally baseless.

D i Z

Come on guys. We all know how this works. How about we as a collective just say no to that thread for the sake of our own sanity. We've got a truckload to unpack as it is.

I'm really sick of hearing "leader this, leader that" when it comes to BLM. There are already many people taking alot of that responsibility on themselves to make moves. I've seen people meet with legislators and the media on behalf of BLM. Hell, how do people think these protests are organized in the first place? The people who keep asking for a leader don't pay actual attention and need some MLK-like cypher to start to identify with the movement. One good man to represent all of black America as though things are so cartoonishly simple.

I'm really sick of hearing "leader this, leader that" when it comes to BLM. There are already many people taking alot of that responsibility on themselves to make moves. I've seen people meet with legislators and the media on behalf of BLM. Hell, how do people think these protests are organized in the first place? The people who keep asking for a leader don't pay actual attention and need some MLK-like cypher to start to identify with the movement. One good man to represent all of black America as though things are so cartoonishly simple.

People love the Great Man Theory. No matter how bullshit it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom