• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
So well spoken on point as always. On the topic of dudes tearing women down black or otherwise. A few weeks ago I had to stop talking to because it turns out he was a sexist asshat. Basically in at work talking to a friend of mind who works with the flowers. We are two women coming from the gym and while talking I comment on how I like the really toned look and she agrees saying she wants to get in the gym. Dude comes up and starts off with a damns he's ugly and too muscular and her friend (much more curvy body type) is too fat. I'm trying to steer the conversation and this asshat starts victim blaming rape basically saying that girls with big breasts or dress a certain wait always secretly want it. So my friend this skinny white chick is turning hot red and tells to go fuck himself, he walks away and then my girlfriend comes up and gets super fucking mad.

Later on dude tried to talk me down with a women, and I'm like nah man I wasn't feeling the body shaming, but Rape Blaming I can't do and I can't fuck with you anymore.

Never played 12.

I tried playing it, but that combat....

scust.png

Johndoey

Banned
The combat in twelve is pretty solid. Felt like an mmo but a good finely tuned mmo.

I'm glad we can move on from the dumpster fire that is the FFX saga and get to a game that's actually good.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Welcome to Existentialism.

I remember reading that and having slight reservations about it.
I felt like I had some basic thoughts along these lines before and then reading it all put together like this with the narrative example of Sisyphus really just connected the dots.

What were your reservations?

I really feel like we do live in a chaotic and indifferent universe and thus the only answer for a man without faith is to accept absurdism and the truth of struggle being the purpose of life.
There's no specific/greater purpose to life inherently, but that doesn't mean you can't do something with it.
Agreed, and I think the search for purpose in of itself may be a big part of existence. ultimately we just have to find our own purpose as there is no real answer.

I felt like I had some basic thoughts along these lines before and then reading it all put together like this with the narrative example of Sisyphus really just connected the dots.

What were your reservations?

I really feel like we do live in a chaotic and indifferent universe and thus the only answer for a man without faith is to accept absurdism and the truth of struggle being the purpose of life.

After reading my paper on it, no Camus had a good idea and honestly it can apply to everyone, even those with faith. Even though Camus was pretty much against the idea of faith as it is pretty much an absence of humanity , his idea of irrationality can work both ways in a way I don't think he realized.

Johndoey

Banned
A Johnny Cage expy and large black man shouting curses isn't doing much for me right now.

I'd be down if I found it funny but nah.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Waters - Mike Jenkins
After reading my paper on it, no Camus had a good idea and honestly it can apply to everyone, even those with faith. Even though Camus was pretty much against the idea of faith as it is pretty much an absence of humanity , his idea of irrationality can work both ways in a way I don't think he realized.
I agree it has more applications than he may have realized and enjoy his philosophy more so as a general outlook and exercise in thought.

akira28

shit was too scary. Looking like black Jason with superpowers and a cape. White America isn't ready for that.

(now that everyone knows he's black now.) they need to see his non-threatening smile and non-dehumanizing eyes.

Johndoey

Banned
SR 2 is this clever and introspective game that doesn't get the attention it deserves. 3 and 4 these limp disappointments by comparison. This looks like 3 and 4.

D i Z

Imm0rt4l

I really appreciate whatya'll do with the podcast, Morris, angelus, and dreams.

*side eyes Slayven

Also shoutout to Angelus for steady propping up black women.

I have a relative on fb who exhibits signs of self loathing and she's a fairly prominent gamer. So she'll on occassion say some antifeminist shit coupled with respectability politics/lowkey anti blackness. I feel like I can't really confront her, this is core to her identity. Being "the cool chick" in a den of fuckboys that share a liking to nerd culture is her thing. I just don't think there's any nice way to say "Everything you project demonstrates that you hate yourself and your more interested in coddling your friends who uphold white supremacy, mysoginy/mysoginioir".

Slayven

shit was too scary. Looking like black Jason with superpowers and a cape. White America isn't ready for that.

(now that everyone knows he's black now.) they need to see his non-threatening smile and non-dehumanizing eyes.

That is why they gave him a white woman and told to go away

Mortemis

Banned
I have a relative on fb who exhibits signs of self loathing and she's a fairly prominent gamer. So she'll on occassion say some antifeminist shit coupled with respectability politics/lowkey anti blackness. I feel like I can't really confront her, this is core to her identity. Being "the cool chick" in a den of fuckboys that share a liking to nerd culture is her thing. I just don't think there's any nice way to say "Everything you project demonstrates that you hate yourself and your more interested in coddling your friends who uphold white supremacy, mysoginy/mysoginioir".

I know exactly what you mean, and have met a couple of people like that. I don't even know what to say in a nice way either, so it usually ends up with me getting in an argument if I do confront or just ignoring them or unfriending on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom