• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

I swear these rappers got some sort of bet going on to see who's the most ain't shit. Fuck all of them with their fuck ass opinions.

harSon

Banned
Rappers (and a lot of entertainers in general) have always been ain't shit. There's just social media to expose and hang them out to dry now.

Kreed

But Mike is
5I5s8.png

I'm setting the bar low for these new blacks. Mike gave money/didn't tweet #AllLivesMatter, that's a miracle in the celebrity Instagram era.

And a new member of the Ain't Shit list:

https://twitter.com/HipHopWired/status/758674994016636928

Suuuure, Bow Wow. Jesse Williams needs to slap this shit out of him.

Never understood this mindset. I've stood for trans and women's rights despite being a cis male. He's pretty much throwing one of his parents under the bus no? "I'm only half black so I don't care about that shit lol"

And so white that when things go to shit because of that vote, it's everyone else's fault when things go to shit but not yours.

Onemic

Im convinced that none of these dudes spouting that All Lives Matter shit even know what BLM is about. I guess the racists have been semi-succesful in muddying the BLM message.

Bow Wow is remedial. His dad is lightskinned and his momma is dark, so he thinks that makes him "mixed".

I feel like we bring it on ourselves for asking the star of "Like Mike" his political opinions.

But no one even asked him tho lmao, dude just made a instagram one day talkin bout "they askin for me to speak on this"

Like who!? I wanna see reciepts!

andthebeatgoeson

AI gave his thoughts on the recent violence plaguing the United States.

“I’ve been watching TV, I’ve been seeing a lot of this stuff going on and it’s truly sad,” Iverson said. “It’s sad for just the regular citizens out here in the world and it’s sad for the police officers as well. Because they got a tough job, every day night in and night out. They’re here to protect us. Not every cop is a bad cop and we gonna definitely need them to progress in society. So, I just think hopefully everything just gets better. Hopefully we’ve seen the worst of it and it will just get better and better.

“It’s important if my voice matters,” he continued. “If my voice don’t matter, it doesn’t mean anything. The only thing that I want to put out there is all positivity. I know all black lives matter, all lives matter. It’s just important for us to take care of each other too. It’s just not the problem with the law enforcement, it’s us in society getting along with each other as well. This is a great lesson for all of us and the most important thing in this whole matter is just us moving forward. The most important thing is not going backwards, as long as we go forward and progress then we’ll be alright.”

Iverson’s words are especially significant because when he was in high school in Virginia, Iverson was controversially convicted for his role in a 1993 bowling alley brawl against white students. The incident spurred racial tensions in the town as only Iverson and his black friends were charged, although punches were thrown by both parties. The brawl allegedly began because of racial remarks directed toward Iverson and his friends, from the white students.

Iverson was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison, but was pardoned and released from custody after four months. Iverson, however, says he never had any resentment or animosity towards law enforcement.

“I never felt that way because I didn’t look at the fact that everybody from Virginia did that to me,” Iverson explained. “I felt that it was a select few people that chose to put me in a situation that they put me in and that was that. I can’t get mad at every police officer, every judge, every prosecutor because of what somebody else did to me. Blame it on somebody else? That’s not right. That was an easy process for me to handle. I understood the people that were involved, the major players that put me through what they put me through and that’s that. At the end of it, I ended up overcoming it all. I stayed strong, I believed in my faith, I kept moving forward, I believed in my family and the people that I had surrounded me and I was able to put it behind me.”
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/07/27/iverson-all-lives-care-each-other/

I'm caping because I don't see a lot wrong? Yeah, I'm caping. Damn, with perspective, he's just a dumb asshole. Life was too good, then he caught a few Ls and still want to coon. These celebrities go from the bottom, get up so high and are fucking shook or too stupid to see what's going on.

I guess I should have expected the dude who worked so hard to never practice, go bankrupt after $100 million to never see the full world. Like, I should expect him to never wake up, as long as he'll walk into a bar and get a bunch of folks to order him drinks. He's probably still 'performing'. How much money should we bet him doing a fake crossover for pictures in 10 years for a little cash, autograph, signing cards for some spotlight.

I expected this from Mcribb but not AI.

Carmelo about to be the goat. Like, these dudes just give lip service to Ali, not fully seeing what he accomplished.

It's happening. I'm moving out west.

My fiancée got a supervisor position in her home state of California and lately we've been packing. Except for one vacation to Vegas, I never had to change the hours of my watch. Now I'm taking residence there in September. I'm nervous as hell and at the same time I'm a little heartbroken I'll be further away from all my family and friends from PA and DE. I'm gonna call them up tonight but damn. It's gonna be hard calls to make.

Welcome to the greatest state in the union my friend. So Cal or Nor Cal

harSon

Banned
It's happening. I'm moving out west.

My fiancée got a supervisor position in her home state of California and lately we've been packing. Except for one vacation to Vegas, I never had to change the hours of my watch. Now I'm taking residence there in September. I'm nervous as hell and at the same time I'm a little heartbroken I'll be further away from all my family and friends from PA and DE. I'm gonna call them up tonight but damn. It's gonna be hard calls to make.

Where in CA are you moving?

Ugh..I avoid these idiots like the plague, but this shit pooped up my feed just now. Talk shit about the mainstream. Play the same conspiracy game because you don't care for the person talking..

Onemic

Nah. A fair few take issue with it, but they do it in their OT rather than in the thread.

E: Some are even justifiably upset with how threads and posts of this nature aren't met with the bans that'd be seen if it was about African Americans. So, for example, with what Gordon said about wearing a dashiki.

I thought that it would be locked as soon as I saw the title tbh. I didnt object to the premise of the question in the thread, because I feel like its not my place as a non-asian person, especially when other Asians in the thread didnt seem to have a problem answering the question, so I just let it rock. Too late now...

D i Z

When Trump loses I hope the barrage and exposure of his fraudulent vindictive ass doesn't let up. Can't really collapse his businesses completely with all of the Russian support he gets, but he needs to be ran right the fuck out of town.

I thought that it would be locked as soon as I saw the title tbh. I didnt object to the premise of the question in the thread, because I feel like its not my place as a non-asian person, especially when other Asians in the thread didnt seem to have a problem answering the question, so I just let it rock. Too late now...

This threw me as well. Just decided to walk away and let them do what they do.

Dai101

Banned
When Trump loses I hope the barrage and exposure of his fraudulent vindictive ass doesn't let up. Can't really collapse his businesses completely with all of the Russian support he gets, but he needs to be ran right the fuck out of town.

This threw me as well. Just decided to walk away and let them do what they do.

The real problem is going to be all the racist fucks he has already enboldened and empowered.

D i Z

The real problem is going to be all the racist fucks he has already enboldened and empowered.

For sure. We're going to have to deal with a reinvigorated sect of knuckleheads and a lot of them pushing the rock back down the hill on top of us. But running thieir fucking embarrassment of leader out of town would take a bit of steam out of them. And it would just feel so damned satisfying to see happen.

The next one to step up and use what Trump has gathered is going to be a real problem. They'll be smarter, probably more affable, and they'll going to have all of the support and tools to do it all using the same agenda. Calling it now.

BigDes

Snoop is back in the area this Sunday.

How I found out?

*text message*

Snoop, Sunday , $60

NO MOM!

Wish my mom loved going to concerts as much as yours did

Instead I have to spend time with her visiting our fuckhead relations.

Oh our Raye got beaten up in the pub for no reason. No, I read the police report she fucking glassed a dude and put her cigarette out on his girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom