• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Now people can shutup about saying Trump winning is impossible. I dunno why even after Brexit happened people were still in denial that there's a chance.

Mitt Romney couldn't win without blacks and latinos and he had better numbers among black people and latinos than Trump and didn't piss off women. Brexit involved countries and places were "less brown" than the United States and there was no disrespect made towards women. They aren't comparable at all other than the sentiment of "anything can happen" which IMO downplays the importance of non white male votes in the United States, but if being shook is what it takes to get liberals out to vote so be it.

UK voted 2 times in a row for a Tory government that hates it's citizens, of course they would vote in favor of a dumb as shit thing like Brexit once again.

Village

No one ever talks about thiller killer joker in joker threads
jrEqqh4.jpg

Thank god Spongebob covered this

According to Harson, you just have someone eat it.
Cow and chicken method

harSon

Banned
Better than the harSon route.

Listen to this man. I'm still in the process of writing up this last tinder story, the fuckery levels are off the charts.

I'm a tinder addict at this point, but I'm going to ride this shit out. I have it to a point where I have to carefully schedule these dates out.

Bubba T

Someone asked me why there are so few black people in accounting, more specifically the lack of black CPA's.

I asked that person if he could name another profession other than medicine and law that requires tons of schooling, have rigorous exams needed to certify, requires you to work hundreds of hours in a short span of time, all while not nearly being as highly paid as medicine or law.

I just got a simple head nod after that. Love it.

Mitt Romney couldn't win without blacks and latinos and he had better numbers among black people and latinos than Trump and didn't piss off women. Brexit involved countries and places were "less brown" than the United States and there was no disrespect made towards women. They aren't comparable at all other than the sentiment of "anything can happen" which IMO downplays the importance of non white male votes in the United States, but if being shook is what it takes to get liberals out to vote so be it.

crazy how "binders full of women"seems tame in retrospect

Dai101

Banned
Well yeah. Malia know that ass is grass when she get home. She's gonna walk through the door and Michelle's going to be sitting in the dark.

But that's normal. Republicans better keep it cute.

If Michelle was mexican she will be there with her chancla also.

Shy

Where's Sub at, haven't seen him post for a while.
I better start applying for jobs in Japan.
Haven't seen you post in here for a while Neo. How are you keeping. ?
GAF. How do I tie my shoes?
Fuck if i know. I use Velcro. 😝
UK voted 2 times in a row for a Tory government that hates it's citizens, of course they would vote in favor of a dumb as shit thing like Brexit once again.
Fuck, i hate our country so much.

Sch1sm

I can admire a future ethic but yikes.

I think this article is interesting in how the writer described the position Hillary is in and might be in after November.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...on-embraced-reaganism-last-night-stuck-knife/

Huh. Interesting read. Makes it seem very either way, though, huh?

You have any opinion yourself on this little bit?

...the question of whether Obama will be remembered as a reconstructive president like Reagan or a more constrained leader like Bill Clinton has not yet been answered.

royalan

*MALIA OBAMA tiptoes quietly into the residential wing of the White House. Lights are dim. A thin layer of nervous guilt can be seen on her face before quicly being replaced by a look of resolve.*

*SASHA OBAMA is standing in the kitchen doorway, looking absolutely gleeful.*

SASHA: Oooooohhhh, you in troubleeeee

MALIA: Shut up!

SASHA: Mama saw you. Flashin yo booty with that white girl.

MALIA: Sasha shut up! Last time I checked I turned 18 two months ago. I'm grown. I can do what I want.

*A chuckle can be heard directly behind MALIA. She turns slowly*

eU2MW1r.gif

MICHELLE: Oh oh oh, I see. So you grown now?

*MICHELLE OBAMA steps forward. MALIA instinctively steps back, stays silent. SASHA stays in the doorway*

MICHELLE: Well, since you're so grown now, c'aint nobody tell you what to do...where you sleepin tonight? You got your own place, right?

*MALIA stammers*

MICHELLE: Oh, that's right, you sleepin here. Well, how about this..since you Miss Independent now...tomorrow is the first of the month, so when should I expect a check for your share of the rent for this White-ass-House? How 'bout that cable bill?

*At some point, BARACK OBAMA had come to stand behind SASHA in this kitchen doorway*

BARACK: Michelle, baby, I got this--

MICHELLE: Oh no no. Barack, Miss Malia here is grown now. So we should talk woman-to-woman about that HAIR APPOINTMENT she's now going to be paying for, since she wants to be out here shakin ass in these streets...

SASHA: *chuckles*

LionPride

Banned
*MALIA OBAMA tiptoes quietly into the residential wing of the White House. Lights are dim. A thin layer of nervous guilt can be seen on her face before quicly being replaced by a look of resolve.*

MALIA: Sasha shut up! Last time I checked I turned 18 two months ago. I'm grown. I can do what I want.

eU2MW1r.gif

*MICHELLE OBAMA steps forward. MALIA instinctively steps back, stays silent. SASHA stays in the doorway*

MICHELLE: Well, since you're so grown now, c'aint nobody tell you what to do...where you sleepin tonight? You got your own place, right?

*MALIA stammers*

MICHELLE: Oh, that's right, you sleepin here. Well, how about this..since you Miss Independent now...tomorrow is the first of the month, so when should I expect a check for your share of the rent for this White-ass-House? How 'bout that cable bill?

*At some point, BARACK OBAMA had come to stand behind SASHA in this kitchen doorway*

MICHELLE: Oh no no. Barack, Miss Malia here is grown now. So we should talk woman-to-woman about that HAIR APPOINTMENT she's now going to be paying for, since she wants to be out here shakin ass in these streets...

I needed this in my life

Zekes!

eU2MW1r.gif

*MALIA stammers*

👌

So I saw this thing called Stranger Things on Netflix last week and that it was new exclusive, so I decided to watch it and Ayyye I just finished watching the last ep. This shit was cool as fuck. As soon as I saw the preview art and Winona Ryder's pop up in the opening credits I knew that they were going for that 80's flavor. I was like I see you.
blasianpersuasian-heanxje2.png

Show really captures the feeling of shit like E.T. and other old movies back when child protagonists were more common. The children felt a little real too. They didn't dress up their speech like in some movies. Some children cuss, especially ones around their age I think they were 12. They even had the corny bullshit teenage relationship cliches, that I typically don't care for, but it's still entertaining to watch.

Back on Winona though, girl got talent. Her range is marvelous. This performance nothing like Beetlejuice, Heathers, or Girl Interrupted to take you out of it. She really played up a mother in mourning, but who also discovers that her presumed to be dead is actually out there and is considered crazy by everyone out there she lets know.

The horror elements to this threw me off a little bit. I was just expecting sciency shit, but they even added that flavor to it. I was legit like
blasianpersuasian-heat3j86.png
a few times while watching this.

Each episode kept me engaged from beginning to end. I still don't know why Will's brother was taking pictures of those people at the party, it was creepy as fuck, but it did lead them to knowing about the monster from the other dimension.

Oh, before I forget, I did like the girl who played 011. Her face looks a bit familiar to me. Is she related to some other actress? The part where they had to dress her up so she wouldn't stand out at school was a really cute scene. El was looking like
blasianpersuasian-hea2nk2g.png
. That part did remind me of that part in E.T. when they dressed up E.T. in those girl clothes or when they dressed him up for Halloween. I did see her sacrifice coming to save the boys, but for a second when the slowdown occurred when the black boy shot his slingshot the fourth time and the monster opened its mouth I did think he was going to hit it down its throat and get a lucky shot that would've temporarily stunned it. But when El got up I knew it was going to be a wrap for her. Weird that she completely disintegrated like the monster, that she would just end up on the ground in a bloody mess.

I did want her to survive, but it's whatever. Sad that they didn't give closure to her mom and aunty. I feel like they should've known. Also, I think Barbara's mom still had no clue that her daughter went missing.

Oh and when they found Will in the upside down I did think it was a little suspicious that the monster put him in a cocoon like thing instead of killing him. The tease at the end was mean. I don't think they're going to make a season 2. It just doesn't feel like the kind of piece to have a sequel despite those teases at the end with the other one being the cop leaving waffles in that box. It just felt complete and those tidbits where just mysterious flavors to make the viewer go huh, but not actually to fulfill on giving answers, leaving the viewer to make their theories on it.

The internet is about to go nuts over Malia Obama shaking her ass at a damn concert.

Let me excuse myself.
I missed this.

That's because Michelle about to whoop that ass on Facebook Live.

eU2MW1r.gif

*MALIA stammers*

Oh damn!

Mizerman

eU2MW1r.gif

*MALIA stammers*

Holy shit!

Jacir

Huh. Interesting read. Makes it seem very either way, though, huh?

You have any opinion yourself on this little bit?

Coming from someone who foolishly thought a vote in Trump against Clinton or/and what looked like an exclusionary progressive movement, during the primaries or before it was clear on who would be nominated on both sides, as a way to somehow stick it to both parties on their bullshit as if they are the same. That is one long sentence but that was the reasoning and I think I wasnt alone in that mentality. This was shortsided and uninformed, mostly about Trump. Now with hindsight and all that, Im not in favor of giving Trump any discretion on matters of government, economy and business.

If you havent noticed (some of BCT have already i think), is that my understanding of US politics is both benign and inadequate. So my take on things will probably be suspect. Like for example, my description of the dems and republicans are that they are just two wings of the same eagle. Kind of a nicer way of saying these two parties are the same. Maybe its just that, but I think Im trying to imply more than that. But I dont know how because I dont know everything.

Enough with this preface of mine and right to the article. Do mind that I dont know everything Reagan did and all the shenanigans everbody keeps on talking about. Hell, I forgot he was democrat then changed to republican in his run for presidency. Im aware of his popular dream of a shining city on a hill and only recently in the last decade about shitty Reagonomics. His part in the Cold War(the Cold War in general) is an area I need to research more on. Anyway, it is mentioned in the article, that he was a 'reconstructive' president in his time and from my understanding, his promotion of individualism instead of collective welfare/struggle was his legacy. In contrast, Bill Clinton always had barriers to break due to a 'hostile climate'. I dont know if that is true. For Hillary, gender is obviously the first barrier. Ahhhh whatever I give up..the writer does a better job in explaining everything. Im not going to quote the last couple of paragraphs because that would be bad.

So in answering your question after reading a second time lol. I think Obama was to be that deconstructive president for the first 2 years and then the tea party machine kinda molded him into being way too centrist. Cant really say if Obama is more constrained compared to Bill when he was president. Im pretty sure of the reasoning behind the current congress deadlock that the tea party initiated is racism. Let Obama live and govern you twats.

Sorry for the long post. Probably was unnecessary.

Good day this Saturday was. Started off with a free $50 steak, then some bowling for free and got a near new high score. Gave a friend a bunch of songs to practice mixing with and loving the outcome

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
sounds like a better day than me. i spent all day on the couch playing doom and watching ufc. tomorrow i'll be productive and pick up those suicide squad tickets.

damn i sound lame af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom