• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Micheal jai white as the Black manta would be fucking amazing. As long as we get a black actor I will be fine though.

DC's handing out nothing but JC quality movies and you want to wish that on Michael Jai White's career? Our own enemies indeed.

Somebody needs to revitalize Blaxploitation flicks and create a cinematic universe which ultimately leads up to them teaming up Avengers/Justice League style. LOL

Slayven

Feenix going to mess around and get rolled flashing all that dashiki money

Somebody needs to revitalize Blaxploitation flicks and create a cinematic universe which ultimately leads up to them teaming up Avengers/Justice League style. LOL

Icon-13-1994-1015x1024.jpg

harSon

Banned

I need a sequel to Welcome Home Brother Charles. Dude basically has the same origin story as Luke Cage, except instead of super human strength and impenetrable skin, he got an enlarged superpowered schlong that he strangles white dudes with an hypnotizes women with.

NSFW
sv2.jpg

welcome_charles_sm.jpg

Feenix going to mess around and get rolled flashing all that dashiki money

First off , I'm just cheap. Since my incident last year, I got really good at saving money to the point where the money I had in my savings heavily outweighed the couple thousand I owed on my car so I just decided to pay it off then and there.

Though I did have a "treat yo self" day yesterday. After I left my.... Friend with benefits house.... I drove out to the Chesapeake Grill, a restaurant put in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Had a nice dinner with nice view of the Bay, then continued onto the Eastern Shore where I visited Cape Charles, a nice little beach town.

I thought about continuing to Ocean City to act a fool, but I had to work today so I went home.

Thought my house was safe, then neighbor came banging on the door screaming the street was flooding. Grabbed some essential shit and rolled out. It's real down here in Louisiana right now.

Slayven

Oh ok, is the comic series good?
Yes, Icon at the start is what we would call Nu Black, then Rocket gets his straight
At least start a twitter campaign for some lesser known Black Marvel villains, like Solomon Prey or Bushmaster. Something he can actually use as a good reference.
Bushmaster would be good for season 2
Thought my house was safe, then neighbor came banging on the door screaming the street was flooding. Grabbed some essential shit and rolled out. It's real down here in Louisiana right now.
Stay safe
I was really looking forward to Birth of a Nation. But this dude Nate Parker is ashy af.

For real, niggas be alright until they start opening their mouths

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

just heard about the floods. stay safe big

Geezuz..briefing YouTube and No Man's Sky getting shat on as much as Suicide Squad. One video talked both! lol..The hell happened?

Shit, homie. Be safe out there. You and yours are in my thoughts.

I was really looking forward to Birth of a Nation. But this dude Nate Parker is ashy af.

Yeah. It's left a bit sour. Don't think I can sanction such buffoonery. Luckily, I can choose not to pay and just walk in..if he can shut the fuck up until then..

that's the most militant position of them all to take.

will the kids be considered mixed? no!

taking one for the team means a net positive for LA RAZA!!!!

It's like when Constance Wu made her rant against The Great Wall perpetuating this racist myth of the Great White Man as Savior and the effects it has on people of color growing up with those images(which I agree with), but then having a White Man as your boyfriend. LOL

D i Z

Oh FYI if anyone cares, my Lexus is paid off!! Woo woo

Come swoop me up and let's hit this up. I'll show you around K-town, Compton & Hollywood. Bring your moms, and we'll hit the R&B clubs.

Now now let's not get jealous, lol.
He's my boy and like I said I haven't been around lately so ��

By the way we are all originally from Africa
I know who I am I'm me one of a kind just wanted some views on the subject. The world is a messed up place and so much violence and hatred in the world has me asking why.

Aren't we all human? Well mostly...

I think some of us got a second dip into the primordial ooze. Went back for seconds, looking for ass or whatever. Something went wrong along the way.

Funny how it all worked out for Luke given how much face palming we did back in the day. We dodged a big one there.

Come swoop me up and let's hit this up. I'll show you around K-town, Compton & Hollywood. Bring your moms, and we'll hit the R&B clubs.

Bruh, I live in Virginia. You got gas money? Lemme hold some.

Anyway.

I was watching the video of Miss Japan describing how hard it was for her growing up. That's wifey right there, and the best part is.... Slayven would find her unattractive so it's smooth sailing for me!!

D i Z

Bruh, I live in Virginia. You got gas money? Lemme hold some.

Anyway.

I was watching the video of Miss Japan describing how hard it was for her growing up. That's wifey right there, and the best part is.... Slayven would find her unattractive so it's smooth sailing for me!!

I'm just saying. If Jodeci, Wreckx-n-Effect or X-Clan is on tour heading west...

It always gets me when Black men that act militant about their race have white wives. LOL

It's like when Constance Wu made her rant against The Great Wall perpetuating this racist myth of the Great White Man as Savior and the effects it has on people of color growing up with those images(which I agree with), but then having a White Man as your boyfriend. LOL

I know this is a mistake, but what does the person you fall in love with have to do with your stance or the causes you take up? Is this question going to take me down the hair/hate yourself hole? LOL

So I just finished "The Get Down" and I REALLY liked it. I dunno why, but the whole time watching it, I got this sense of...I guess "familiarity"? I didn't grow up in the 70s (because I'm not old as fuck), nor did I grow up in the inner city, but I think just seeing an overwhelmingly black/hispanic cast really just made me feel comfortable. It really highlighted how little of those exist in the media. Obviously it was something I realized, but I think I've just gotten so conditioned to see minorities literally be minorities in casts that it never felt odd until I saw it get flipped. Anyway, I definitely recommend it!

edit: For fuck's sake harSon

I'm just saying. If Jodeci, Wreckx-n-Effect or X-Clan is on tour heading west...

I've seen K-Ci and JoJo perform Jodeci records when they opened for New Edition. It was... something.

Wreckx-n-Effect... How many hits did they have.

And as great as Brother J is, I can't to a X-Clan show without Professor X being there shouting "VAN GLORIOUS!!!"

Kreed

If we were talking about Constance Wu or Nate Parker talking down about their ethnic group (ex: A black woman saying black men ain't shit while married to a white man) or if either of them were on a "Fuck the white man, X Power" trip, I'd agree with you, but it's silly IMO to discount people from discussing issues in their own group because of who they are married to/dating, especially when it is still to their benefit. Now Nate Parker's comments on not wanting to play a gay character are stupid enough on their own so I am not interested in defending them, but how does who Constance Wu is dating change what she said? Constance Wu is still an Asian woman in Hollywood who should speak on the issues with white washing films/etc... Dating a white man didn't make her white. Her boyfriend isn't standing in for her movie auditions.

Not making fun of you/picking on you as I understand where it comes from, but in general people need to get past this/only bring up SOs when it actually makes a difference.

D i Z

Honestly, I'm not seeing how that is an automatic disqualification.

I've seen K-Ci and JoJo perform Jodeci records when they opened for New Edition. It was... something.

Wreckx-n-Effect... How many hits did they have.

And as great as Brother J is, I can't to a X-Clan show without Professor X being there shouting "VAN GLORIOUS!!!"

Yeah. Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom