• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

KillerJoe10.jpg

Know your place..
Lmao I almost forgot about this scene

D i Z

What? I don't get where you're going with this. Are you offended or insulted by my username? I'm lost. What does sex stories have to do with anything?

I do think it's amazing rather than disagreeing with me as other posters have and further engaging in dialogue, you and the Faceless Master have gone the route of using ad hominems and completely derailing the conversation.

What's so amazing about any of this? You come in and say offensive shit, to people you don't even know and expect what exactly? A single ounce of common sense would have had you thinking differently about your need to spout divisive rhetoric. Individual lives lived in glorious technicolor be damned! This is like an expected thing with your presentation of "conversational material" at this point. I'm not sure if you realize this, but you actually take more care with what you say and how you say it in the forums in general than what you do here. Talk about feeding the white supremacy machine.

See, this is me not being the usual tactless asshole me, and trying to explain why you are getting push back on your views and the way that you present them.

If you seriously want to discuss who Constance Wu is fucking while she writes her messages about Asian American and minority empowerment, you should try to do it without being sexist, dismissive, and insulting to others who walk that line that you can't ever see yourself doing.

I kind of feel that you'd see what is being said (on and off topic) directly to you, if you'd actually take the time to look through the view that is being presented to you.

Bruh, I've been claimed it somewhat jokingly/somewhat serious. People who know me, know this. I've said it on here a couple of times. Funny nobody said anything then; however you're trying to make a point but are failing to do it. By all means, proceed on this point you're attempting to make.

There's nothing divisive about my username. You've just created it. LOL Search my posts, I've touched on the colorism issues that have historically permeated Black communities and our culture.
The point was already made.

What's so amazing about any of this? You come in and say offensive shit, to people you don't even know and expect what exactly?
My sex story was offensive? My username is offensive? Is that why it was randomly brought that up?

A single ounce of common sense would have had you thinking differently about your need to spout divisive rhetoric. Individual lives lived in glorious technicolor be damned! This is like an expected thing with your presentation of "conversational material" at this point. I'm not sure if you realize this, but you actually take more care with what you say and how you say it in the forums in general than what you do here. Talk about feeding the white supremacy machine.
What? I spout divisive rhetoric? My personal opinion for disliking weaves is divisive rhetoric? Me pointing out Black men who talk about Black power or empowerment but have white wives is funny to me is divisive rhetoric? Feeding the white supremacy machine? WTF are you talking about?

See, this is me being not being the usual tactless asshole me, and trying to explain why you are getting push back on your views and the way that you present them.
I think I get pushback on some of my views because people DISAGREE with me, which has always been fine. Sometimes a dialogue ensues where we further elaborate and debate back and forth our viewpoints, and sometimes I come out of it with a better perspective on the issue than I had before.

If you seriously want to discuss who Constance Wu is fucking while she writes her messages about Asian American and minority empowerment, you should try to do it without being sexist, dismissive, and insulting to others who walk that line that you can't ever see yourself doing.
Sexist? Dismissive? Insulting? Against others that I can't ever see myself doing? Man you've really taken this personal and worst of all have made assumptions about me as person, the work I've done, and who you acknowledged yourself don't even know in order to somehow make a point.

I kind of feel that you'd see what is being said (on and off topic) directly to you, if you'd actually take the time to look through the view that is being presented to you.

As I already posted, I meant to take some time and respond to the thoughtful posts Kreed, Villain, and yourself made, because I felt some of ya'll made some good points and wanted to further detail where I agreed and didn't agree on but was baited in ad hominem foolishness by The Faceless Master and you.

But y'know what, perhaps I felt too comfortable because I thought this was a relaxed thread where Black folks shoot the shit about everything. I guess I was wrong and there are only but the agreed upon viewpoints that can be expressed which I have no idea what they are. My intent even posting in this thread was never to "insult", "offend", yet alone spew "divisive rhetoric" and if other people feel that way too than I apologize and have obviously failed in my execution. I don't want to negatively affect the positive dynamics of this thread any further, so I'll voluntarily make my leave and wish everybody well; it was cool getting to know ya'll.

As I already posted, I meant to take some time and respond to the thoughtful posts Kreed, Villain, and yourself made, because I felt some of ya'll made some good points and wanted to further detail where I agreed and didn't agree on but was baited in ad hominem foolishness by The Faceless Master and you.
I was under the impression that you only dealt in ad hominem foolishness based on your posts about Constance Wu and Black Womens hair.

D i Z

My sex story was offensive? My username is offensive? Is that why it was randomly brought that up?

What? I spout divisive rhetoric? My personal opinion for disliking weaves is divisive rhetoric? Me pointing out Black men who talk about Black power or empowerment but have white wives is funny to me is divisive rhetoric? Feeding the white supremacy machine? WTF are you talking about?

I think I get pushback on some of my views because people DISAGREE with me, which has always been fine. Sometimes a dialogue ensues where we further elaborate and debate back and forth our viewpoints, and sometimes I come out of it with a better perspective on the issue than I had before.

Sexist? Dismissive? Insulting? Against others that I can't ever see myself doing? Man you've really taken this personal and worst of all have made assumptions about me as person, the work I've done, and who you acknowledged yourself don't even know in order to somehow make a point.

But y'know what, perhaps I felt too comfortable because I thought this was a relaxed thread where Black folks shoot the shit about everything. I guess I was wrong and there are only but the agreed upon viewpoints that can be expressed which I have no idea what they are. My intent even posting in this thread was never to "insult", "offend", yet alone spew "divisive rhetoric" and if other people feel that way too than I apologize and have obviously failed in my execution. I don't want to negatively affect the positive dynamics of this thread any further, so I'll voluntarily make my leave and wish everybody well; it was cool getting to know ya'll.

Oh no you don't. This "I don't know what you're talking about" approach it tired. It's been stated in various ways, several times. Mostly by me in direct reference to your own words. And I speak for me, and me alone. What I see is you want to communicate your ideals, but you don't like the signals being sent back to you. So what, you leave? That's it? Give me a break. Clarify your busted ass positions when you get called out on how base and intrusive they actually are, or don't. Your choice. But you don't get to exit with that 'sorry, I didn't know I was being a dick' rap.

Milwaukee rioting now? No opinion on the rioters, but Im pleased more Black folks are getting off that "beg White people to see how much theyve hurt us" tip. The only languages America responds to is blood & money.

Hey guys what's going on in this thr-

Well.

Riding the bus with my wife today, some dudes came up and just started handing her the shit in their pockets. Then one of them joked that the other had jizzy pockets. I was ready to come out of my seat until we realized they were gay and just kidding around. If they'd been making real advances like that toward her there'd have been a fight.

what was that saying again? "feminism is for white women" right?

White feminism has NEVER been there for minorities unless it benefits them in some way (like when they piggy backed off the Civil Rights movement). If it was, race soldiers posing as cops wouldnt be roughing up our sisters, mothers & aunties. The White feminist movement is dead silent about that & and our women making less of a living wage than them.

Shy

My reaction to this weeks fuckery in here. (and tonight specifically)
cPMJbvq.gif

---------------------------

So let's cleanse today's foolishness out of our mouths.

The British Film Institute is running a season called Black Star
Here's the description.
"We’re delighted to unveil Black Star, the UK’s biggest ever season of film and television dedicated to celebrating the range, versatility and power of black actors. Black Star explores the relationship between stars and the audiences who love them, spotlighting great performances by black actors on screen.

Black Star will focus on the work of contemporary actors including Samuel L. Jackson, David Oyelowo, Denzel Washington, Lupita Nyong’o, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sophie Okonedo alongside cinema’s first black stars, such as Josephine Baker, Lena Horne and Dorothy Dandridge, and enduring icons like Sidney Poitier, Whoopi Goldberg, Paul Robeson and Angela Bassett. The season takes place October – December 2016 at cinemas nationwide, on BFI Player, on DVD and at BFI Southbank."
Where my shout shy
Can't believe i misread your post this morning. Sorry.

I know it's a bit late, but. SUP Eloquent.
LQdknyC.gif

BigDes

Kidizzy your art is awesome and makes me so jealous as my artistic skill is like those kids who draw a circle with some sticks coming out if and say it is a picture of my Momy

D i Z

My reaction to this weeks fuckery in here. (and tonight specifically)
cPMJbvq.gif

---------------------------

So let's cleanse today's foolishness out of our mouths.

The British Film Institute is running a season called Black Star
Here's the description.
"We’re delighted to unveil Black Star, the UK’s biggest ever season of film and television dedicated to celebrating the range, versatility and power of black actors. Black Star explores the relationship between stars and the audiences who love them, spotlighting great performances by black actors on screen.

Black Star will focus on the work of contemporary actors including Samuel L. Jackson, David Oyelowo, Denzel Washington, Lupita Nyong’o, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sophie Okonedo alongside cinema’s first black stars, such as Josephine Baker, Lena Horne and Dorothy Dandridge, and enduring icons like Sidney Poitier, Whoopi Goldberg, Paul Robeson and Angela Bassett. The season takes place October – December 2016 at cinemas nationwide, on BFI Player, on DVD and at BFI Southbank."

Can't believe i misread your post this morning. Sorry.

I know it's a bit late, but. SUP Eloquent.
LQdknyC.gif

This is kind of dope. But what do you think is a reason that they aren't focusing on Black British actors? I can see a few names up there that need to have some substitutes, and there are some actors in the Isles that should be there.
I know for a fact that there are many voices trying all that they can to bring exposure to working Black Brits in a thankless industry.

Kidizzy your art is awesome and makes me so jealous as my artistic skill is like those kids who draw a circle with some sticks coming out if and say it is a picture of my Momy

Nah to all of that. Follow my lead! I know the way! Put something you can scratch a flat surface with to regular use. As often as you can.

Shy

I didn't realise that was your art, Kid.

Pretty dope.
This is kind of dope. But what do you think is a reason that they aren't focusing on Black British actors? I can see a few names up there that need to have some substitutes, and there are some actors in the Isles that should be there.
I know for a fact that there are many voices trying all that they can to bring exposure to working Black Brits in a thankless industry.
It didn't even occur to me. That's embarrassing.

I honestly don't know.
Wish they would. Seems like it's an extension of Black actors never being able to get work at home, and always having to go over to the states if they want anything.

Hopefully someone brings that during a Q and A.

I like that all these White supremacists are coming out the closet for the Milwaukee uprising. We need to learn to stop caping for other groups (like White feminists & White LBGTs) & only support our brothers & sisters, not communities that WILL throw us under the bus at the drop of a hat.

I like that all these White supremacists are coming out the closet for the Milwaukee uprising. We need to learn to stop caping for other groups (like White feminists & White LBGTs) & only support our brothers & sisters, not communities that WILL throw us under the bus at the drop of a hat.
#WillCapeForPaleRedheads

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Just finished watching TheLand. Damn that was good. Gave me Juice meets Dope vibes. Soundtrack, acting, plot was all on point.

and that natalie martinez...mmmm.... Good night brehs.

First Alton, then the police executions and now the goddamn deluge. Don't know how much more Baton Rouge can take. Thankfully I'm surviving all of it.

I don't really want to see cartoon food
played by modern comedians cum. I think that would feel like walking in on someone in a Spongebob costume with lowered eyelids and that dumbfuck grin cumming on someone in a Patrick costume. You'd never recover from that.

Hey, Kiddizzy, your style reminds me of the Cybersix comics. Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom