• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Florida teen gets angry at slow service in a restaurant, leaves and heads in a random direction on foot, finds couple sitting by their garage, kills both of them with a knife, neighbor tries to stop him and gets multiple stab wounds, teen then starts eating the face of one of the dead victims, injured neighbor calls police who arrive with a K9 unit, police try stun gunning the teen multiple times to no effect, K9 attacks but the teen ignores it, police then grab the teen off of the victim and arrest him, local media cover the story by talking about how much of a good kid he was.

To borrow a question from The Black Guy Who Tips, "Guess the race?"

Florida teen gets angry at slow service in a restaurant, leaves and heads in a random direction on foot, finds couple sitting by their garage, kills both of them with a knife, neighbor tries to stop him and gets multiple stab wounds, teen then starts eating the face of one of the dead victims, injured neighbor calls police who arrive with a K9 unit, police try stun gunning the teen multiple times to no effect, K9 attacks but the teen ignores it, police then grab the teen off of the victim and arrest him, local media cover the story by talking about how much of a good kid he was.

Normally you could have gotten a pretty good guess from the first 8 words.

I REALLY need to get the fuck out of here..

Kreed

Hey guys at my new job there's this person who insists on calling me "chocolate". That actually makes me feel uncomfortable but I'm not sure how to let this person know that without burning bridges so to speak. I just got the job so confronting conflicts like that makes me nervous. Idk maybe I'm over thinking

I'd tell him you don't like nicknames in general and you'd prefer him call you by your real name. Might make things a little less awkward since that gives him a chance to clear things up/make a joke or two about you not liking nicknames.

I like how Trump's outreach to Black people includes "more police". There also isn't a single black person in the crowd he was speaking to.

You know that saying about a broken clock being right at least once a day? The person who said that never met Trump.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Jesus Christ. Can't wait to see if the people who defended swats actions last week will have anything to say this week

jmood88

Morning nigga

Edit: Holy Shit New Page!

Discussion Time,
Fav Game OST?
I don't have a single favorite because there are too many good ones:

Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry
Mass Effect 2
Rayman Origins
Rayman Legends
Remember Me
Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Dustforce
Bastion
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
Marvel vs Capcom 2

There are a few others I can't remember right now

I knew what was up when I got to 'kills both of them' in that story.

RIP to the victims.

Kreed

https://www.fastcompany.com/3062882/larry-wilmore-comedy-central-wouldnt-promote-nightly-show

Reporter: When Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert left, Comedy Central replaced its two biggest stars, who are white, with two black men, you and Trevor Noah. Your show just got canceled, and this is the first time in 16 years that The Daily Show wasn’t nominated for an Emmy. What do you think that says about America’s viewing preferences?

Larry: I don’t know if I could make that general of a statement. We have so many fans from all walks of life and different ages. You never know in TV—sometimes you’re on at the wrong time at the wrong place. Sometimes you don’t get a chance to catch on. I think this is more of a statement about television.

Reporter: What do you think it says about television?

Larry: That you just never know. A lot of television is luck of the draw. And look, what your show is makes a big difference, too. There was a lot of attention on us, and we were following in the shadow of a different show, as opposed to just being who we were. If we had [launched] on a different place, no one would have been comparing us to The Colbert Report right away. [People were saying,] "Well it’s not the Colbert show, it’s not the Colbert show." Of course! That’s the point. [Laughs] It’s. Not. The Colbert show.

So those are tough shoes to fill. Stephen’s having a hard time filling them himself, his own shoes.

No lies detected.

Morning nigga

Edit: Holy Shit New Page!

Discussion Time,
Fav Game OST?

Final Fantasy IX.
150 songs that I can name all by heart. The most underrated parts of it are the fmv tracks that are mostly included in the Plus OST version. Behind the Door is the most remarkable of which that uses the instrumentals to weave a story. Each time I listen to it I can depict each individual action that occurs within that final scene.

Lmao

Maybe but not completely.

I guess I am overthinking things. I'll use you guys advice

Edit: Jesus lol

L24cy.gif

Prince Ea is a top 10 worst thing to ever happen to Facebook

And now Monica's "So Gone" is the latest song to be resurrected thanks to black social media.

tumblr_o6aqhbVvRM1r75zhlo1_1280.jpg

Black Excellence at the Olympics.
Watched the finals of the balance beam the other night when I was trying to get my leg to heal. Simone slipped up a lil bit, but her homegirl Laurie made America represent with 2nd place. I think the floor is supposed to be going on tonight.

The former is not because him personally, is all because dudes around me using Instagram filters and Photoshopping blue eyes on their selfies then quoting his lines is a little stupid.

The latter, Chance the Rapper uploaded a freestyle to the instrumental and now the #SoGoneChallenge was born with everyone spitting to it.

D i Z

Morning all.

Bionic Commando

Transistor

Fallout 3

Jet Set Radio

The first few that come to mind.

Edit:

Gotta have Skyrim in there.

Zekes!

Top game soundtracks?

Jet Set Radio / Future

Katamari Damacy / We Love Katamari

Chrono Cross

I haven't played it but I have been listening to the Ridge Racer Type 4 OST and it's baller

Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker

Dai101

Banned
Morning ya'll

Looks like weather is going to be all kinds of fucked, expecting heavy rain (just, DON'T) today at evening-night until tomorrow.

D i Z

Trump . Breitbart. Two shitty tastes being shitty together.

They are perfect for each other, it's natural. But who the hell would have seen a mating ritual between the masters of evil out in the public like this?

A coworker. Not management or anything but someone who's been there longer than I have. This person is also gay and has, as far as I can tell, taken a liking to me.

Just tell him to stop calling you chocolate if you're offended by it. It's good to draw the line right away especially since you're new to the job. If he takes it the wrong way it's on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom