• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really pick one, so...

UN Squadron (SNES)
Street Fighter 2 - Championship Edition (SNES)
Ecco The Dolphin (SegaCD)
Ecco The Dolphin 2 (SegaCD)
Hook (SegaCD)
Fight Night Round 3 (X360)
Kameo: Elements of Power (X360)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3)
Mirror's Edge (PC)

This is an amazing list. You know what- I'll put a top ten.

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (DOS-MT32) (had seamless instrument and tune transitions between areas, both a technical achievement and a fun and dark pirate soundtrack)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64) (Not for the DK rap)
Grim Fandango (Windows)
Banjo-Tooie (Nintendo 64)
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo Gamecube)
Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64)
Wario Land 4 (Gameboy Advance)
Megaman Battle Network 3 (Gameboy Advance)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (Gameboy Advance)

Sch1sm

We sing it around the house all the time..😁

Haven't played for a while, and was just saying we'd have to play some this weekend. I'm down to rumble tomorrow..have your homeboy join us.

SMDRAKE50.png

Ironfist Sect.

I'll send message when I'm up, then. CFN is same as the rest of the IDs in my bio here.

The newest one revelator......
with the big hip RTS lady

Ah, still only on Sign. Wanted to buy it but the money wasn't right and I wasn't about to sell my liver for it or something.

shingi70

Banned
Dude on my Facebook friends list has a picture of him with a buddy wearing he's my nigger, he's my cracker shirts on. Dude is also posting fuckery, and in one day posted a post putting down black women, and then saying if we gave respect and put work into our community cops and others would respect us.

Even the comment section is pure fuckery.

Zekes!

Dude on my Facebook friends list has a picture of him with a buddy wearing he's my nigger, he's my cracker shirts on. Dude is also posting fuckery, and in one day posted a post putting down black women, and then saying if we gave respect and put work into our community cops and others would respect us.

Even the comment section is pure fuckery.

sounds like a good 'unfriend' opportunity

Merc_

lol they want Federation Force to be bad so much over on gaming side. Folks actually seem bothered by Jeremy Pariah having positive impressions of the game.

I will grant that there do seem to be more people willing to give the game a chance than before.

The Tinder thread is funny. Wish online dating existed like that back in the day when I was in the game. We only had blackplanet and ain't nobody had time for that.

By the way my house is fine. Most of my neighborhood got fucked, and we didn't even get water. I'm watching tv while my neighbors are gutting their homes. It's crazy.

The Tinder thread is funny. Wish online dating existed like that back in the day when I was in the game. We only had blackplanet and ain't nobody had time for that.

By the way my house is fine. Most of my neighborhood got fucked, and we didn't even get water. I'm watching tv while my neighbors are gutting their homes. It's crazy.

LOL..that edit! Glad to hear! Was actually about to ask how you folks fared..

LOL..that edit! Glad to hear! Was actually about to ask how you folks fared..
Yea, My neighbor was like the water only got to your front door. We have a somewhat steep driveway. Folks down the street had water up to their waists. But everyone is mostly looking forward to those fema checks lol

Dai101

Banned

FUCK

Glad to hear you're OK. A few decades ago we were in a similar situation. Glad to see after that autorities fixed the issue and floods that size are just an anecdote to tell.

Slayven

Yea, My neighbor was like the water only got to your front door. We have a somewhat steep driveway. Folks down the street had water up to their waists. But everyone is mostly looking forward to those fema checks lol

Glad shit is alright.

Hit me up with 20 dollars when that fema money rolls through

Word? Didnt hear anything about this.
Yeah, "The first Black president" really blocked Black people from getting hundreds of millions of foreign aid money while poor Black mothers suffered under his "welfare reforms." And it was just another follow-up to the longstanding US tradition (going back to Marcus Garvey & the Black Panthers) of absolutely NOT wanting Black Americans to be part of any kind of Pan-African empowerment movement. That makes the "bootstraps" talk even more devilish than it already is, these people have actually worked to prevent things like that that from happening.
Officials to Block Qaddafi Gift to Farrakhan

Anyway: shout out to the sisters for the sweep of the 100m hurdle tonight. #Blackexcellence #Blackgirlmagic on fleek.

Glad shit is alright.

Hit me up with 20 dollars when that fema money rolls through
Nigga I still remember after Katrina when folks went HAM with the fema money. We had to kick family out of our house because they weren't putting money on bills and groceries but were buying cars and rims.

Spinluck

Online dating is gonna come with L's, and usually guys shoot way above their league. Which is fine if you're not afraid of rejection or know what you're doing.

Build confidence, a good catalog of pics, a sense of humor, and don't sit by your phone all day waiting for a response and you'll be fine.

The worst thing that ever happened to me on Tinder was me getting on looking for sex, but then catching feelings for a girl who doesn't know what she wants. Shit is rough, we haven't messaged each other since Saturday after numerous dates. OKCupid is much better for matching for relationships imo.

So I watched the first episode of The Get Down since I saw in the trailer that it's produced on Nas. It felt like a movie to me and not to mention that one ep is just as long as one, but it's a mixed bag for me. There are weird tonal shifts that interrupt my enjoyment. First the shit is all serious and then here comes some weird goofy, kung fu parody shit whenever Shaolin comes on. Makes me go like
pmZC5te.png
and not to mention the super extraness of Malibu with the rhyming and when
the boys looked like they were about to be jumped by a gang it went another weird turn. It looked like some shit was about to go down, but then that hispanic guy comes in on a car with a megaphone and tells them to go away. I was expecting police. I don't see why they would bother to listen to him otherwise. That scene with him talking about wanting to clean up the projects was pretty damn good ain't going to lie about that. Another tonal problem was when that gang came in the club and started shooting. It wasn't clear why they came, they just did and then one of the shooters looked like Rambo which had me rolling.

Is this shit
supposed to be the origins of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five? At the end with Grandmaster's appearance and Shaolin claiming them the Fantastic 4 plus one sort of made me think that.

I think Nas wrote the poems in this because that shit is really good. Wouldn't surprise me. He is the greatest after all.

Nigga I still remember after Katrina when folks went HAM with the fema money. We had to kick family out of our house because they weren't putting money on bills and groceries but were buying cars and rims.

When parody becomes life. Goddamn.

Not gonna lie, tho. We had fam who did the same when there was plenty of welfare to go around.

Sch1sm

So I watched the first episode of The Get Down since I saw in the trailer that it's produced on Nas. It felt like a movie to me and not to mention that one ep is just as long as one, but it's a mixed bag for me. There are weird tonal shifts that interrupt my enjoyment. First the shit is all serious and then here comes some weird goofy, kung fu parody shit whenever Shaolin comes on. Makes me go like
pmZC5te.png
and not to mention the super extraness of Malibu with the rhyming and when
the boys looked like they were about to be jumped by a gang it went another weird turn. It looked like some shit was about to go down, but then that hispanic guy comes in on a car with a megaphone and tells them to go away. I was expecting police. I don't see why they would bother to listen to him otherwise. That scene with him talking about wanting to clean up the projects was pretty damn good ain't going to lie about that. Another tonal problem was when that gang came in the club and started shooting. It wasn't clear why they came, they just did and then one of the shooters looked like Rambo which had me rolling.

Is this shit
supposed to be the origins of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five? At the end with Grandmaster's appearance and Shaolin claiming them the Fantastic 4 plus one sort of made me think that.

I think Nas wrote the poems in this because that shit is really good. Wouldn't surprise me. He is the greatest after all.

You'll learn a lot more about the
Hispanic guy
, he's a man of the community, as you can tell already. Everyone and their mother knows him.
They see him as a leader of sort because of his role with the mayoral government. Could be why they ran like that, but it's more a hindsight thing.

The shooting in the club
is addressed later, but I'm with you on how it's introduced. Seems out of place. We don't even find out until after it's happened that
Savage Warlords are hit for hire, iirc.

As for the last point, about its origins,
you're correct. Some of the things that happen are remixes of anecdotes from a Furious Five member, Raheim.

Both Nas and Rahiem wrote rhymes for the show, not sure who wrote what, though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
A chair & a table. Rhonda Reigns got worked. Also, T'challa is clearly the smartest person in the Marvel Universe.
Cuz he chose not to get involved.

Everytime I think of the ultimates all I wonder is why the hell Monica vouched for Carol. The squad needs a reset. And America throwing a punch at mr civil rights? She better be lucky he didn't have on his king Hyperion boots or his sentry hat, because she could have gotten a bad case of the a-town stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom