• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizelmine

Neo Member
Welcome nigga,

Another one for the "Niggaz in Japan" section of BCT. *blessed*

Yeah just moved here recently, and it's been an adventure already. I'm now wondering whether I should learn to trim my own hair or risk going to a local barber and I don't live anywhere near Tokyo.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I won't believe it until I see an announcement.

0SACLUS.gif

He's not lying

Young Magus

Yeah just moved here recently, and it's been an adventure already. I'm now wondering whether I should learn to trim my own hair or risk going to a local barber and I don't live anywhere near Tokyo.

Do it yourself, but grow it out first.
Reseach some tapers abd clippers in the mean time.
Surprised I'm not banned. I know I'm being watched.

You BCT, you always watched.
Shit everyones watched in here

You BCT, you always watched.
Shit everyones watched in here

Yeah, but you know how Shy is so nice and kind? If you get caught snitching on the BCT or pulling a Jado, Shy takes you out for a nice car ride, as sweet as you've ever seen him, and suddenly you find yourself taken to the woods like Silvio took Adriana to the woods in the Sopranos. As long as you don't betray the BCT, you'll never have to meet -

sass1.png

sass2.png

Shy, the Enforcer.

Young Magus

Fucking hell someone signed his Memorial Guest Book under the name Evilore is a faggot

I'd ask what's wrong with people but I already know.

Thats fuckin disrespectful.
There are lines that shouldn't be crossed and using someone's fuckin memorial guest book to take a dig at someone else is one of them.
Folks online don't have any fuckin decency.

Yea I mad.

In calming discussion:

They have clippers on Amazon Japan.

You don't want to pay Tokyo barber prices mayne

I wouldn't wish Tokyo ANYTHING prices on anyone.

Wait: New Nigga where you at? You near Osaka? They might hook you up.
Tho your own clippers are still the best way to go

Yeah, but you know how Shy is so nice and kind? If you get caught snitching on the BCT or pulling a Jado, Shy takes you out for a nice car ride, as sweet as you've ever seen him, and suddenly you find yourself taken to the woods like Silvio took Adriana to the woods in the Sopranos. As long as you don't betray the BCT, you'll never have to meet -

sass1.png

sass2.png

Shy, the Enforcer.

LOL

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lol that age old rhetoric that companies could be using resources for something else as if an organization can only focus on one thing at a time.

Young Magus

Wasn't expecting someone to get salty over Mario showing up during the closing ceremonies to the Olympic games.

You'd think I'd stop being surprised by the behavior of some posters on gaming side.

Nigga really gonna use a "feel good/hype" moment from the Olympics to shit on the wii-u.

Hate knows no bounds.

He the same dude who got mad from me not liking Sonic.

That thread was fucking jokes Cindi.
You should make a sequel stating that Chrono Trigger was never good

Young Magus

That thread has gone from actually about Tinder, to dick sizes, to racism, back to Tinder, to objectification of men/women, to Cindi spewing flames, to grinding culture.

What the hell

What the hell indeed.
I almost want to read it but I know better.
Is there a greatest hits collection of posts tho?

Crocodile

Why is "White Lives Matter" trending on twitter? Did I miss fuckery? (I ain't clicking on that tag without warning)

Let's not encourage people to do things they can't take back

The main man and all around great guy of DestinyGAF, DrDrizzay, just died.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214470366&postcount=18775

Fuck

Man he wasn't much older than me :O :(

I never knew the guy but RIP and condolences to his family. Dude just got married too. FUCK.

This better not be some deep troll.........

Dizelmine

Neo Member
I wouldn't wish Tokyo ANYTHING prices on anyone.

Wait: New Nigga where you at? You near Osaka? They might hook you up.
Tho your own clippers are still the best way to go
LOL

2 hour bus ride away, I'm living in Tokushima on Shikoku the one place not connected to the rest of Japan by bullet train.

Every time I click on that Tinder thread some off the wall shit is going on.

I would love a greatest hit collection of it but that is a ton to weed through.

Shy

sass1.png

sass2.png

Shy, the Enforcer.
when Shy says "this will hurt me more than it'll hurt you," he really means it
Fucking lol.
Gnite, persons..
Good night, Fam.

How the fuck does someone die from a carbon monoxide construction accident? What did construction do? Just wtf.

Actually, I replayed CT a few years ago. It was one of my favorite games at one point and it still is but it's heavily flawed as a game. It still gives me fuzzy feelings, but the battle system, low difficulty, bad dungeon design just make a flawed experience.

Played CC for the first time since I was a teenager and came away surprised because it was honestly the better game. Played it in Japanese and the script and story are much better than I remember it being. The battle system is better, has more interesting difficulty spikes and boss fights, a more involved story with more interesting themes, and better music. Didn't bother replaying CT but I did CC. It's the better game as an adult. It's one flaw is the Suikoden inspired character recruitment because a lot of characters just don't add anything and there's an overwhelming urge to make every recruiitable character a battle character. There's also no thing like an HQ where you can talk to characters at any time and give them more development. Been sitting on a RTTP: Chrono Cross thread for a year, so you might get your wish.

Replayed FFVI the other year too. Another childhood favorite. Ended up being bored by the end of the game. That game is full of flaws too. From its bad pacing, to the amount of bugs, how breakable it is even more than titles like VIII, the low difficulty, the endless supply of characters don't add anything to the game like Strago or Umaro, how linear it is, the Esper system is the worst customization system in the series, I can go on. Its saving grace was World of Ruin, some of the characters, and its story.

Replaying FFVII now and that game gets better each time I replay it. Finding out so many things this play through too.

I think it's good to reevaluate things. People are often too willing to give things from the past a pass.

Night, Gordon.

Banjo was aight. Crash Bandicoot on the other hand? I've always been a hater

Nah, the Crash and Sonic threads were both really interesting and comedy gold. I wouldn't say I care about Crash one way or another, though. It was just another game I liked as a kid, but I didn't hold onto any love for it.

Crocodile

The only thing CC maybe does better than CT is the music. Dungeon Design is basically a wash - I don't feel either game really excels. CT has a better battle system, the narrative is much more clean and better paced, bosses are overall more memorable and fun, characters are handled better because it goes for more depth over breath (not that CC didn't have good characters but there were like 532512324 that were pointless and just noise), etc. I would agree CT isn't a super hard game but that's part of the reason its so replayable.

CT's narrative simplicity is also why it's less interesting. CC deals with interesting things. In a typical jrpg, you're supposed to save the girl. When you choose to save the girl in CC, you commit genocide and the game doesn't beat around the bush telling you that you fucked up for the life of one single person you barely even know. CC's way of alternate timelines is more interesting to me. The idea of an alternate you that has fulfilled your dreams that you gave up on at one point is inspiring. Or the idea that maybe in another timeline, you're actually dead. That's interesting to me. CT is a lot more simplistic to be sure, but that's not necessarily a point for it as much as people think. Because it's so simplistic examples of the above don't really happen. Reviving Crono doesn't have much if any ramification. Changing the past in CT doesn't really change the future much. It feels static. In CC, the story actually changes depending on your actions. So if you choose not to save Kid, you won't have to commit genocide and will have a completely different story. I also don't think CT's battle system is better. It's simplistic and can be kind of boring. It doesn't have a single boss fight as good as the fight vs Miguel or vs Lynx when you try to get your body back. CC's dungeons are actually pretty great I think. Things like manor, the ship where you turn into a cat, Fort Dragonia;etc are just better dungeons conceptually. CT has boring dungeons like Black Omen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom