• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Do you want accuracy or more Milestone characters animated?

why not both?

35347-5261-39477-1-superboy.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Cleaned up that mess of slayven style typing

Stranger Things fuck that show after 3 episodes
The Get Down fuck that shit after 1 episode, after episode 2 reverse that, untuck it, totes watchable
That's a cleanup? Slay, i don't take kindly to when people throw shade at you. You have enough on your old mind to worry about.
How the fuck does someone die from a carbon monoxide construction accident? What did construction do? Just wtf.
Maybe a motor running in a not well ventilated area? No smell, no color. You would probably just feel sleepy then close your eyes and then...

RIP

is that code for pegging?
He'll try to eat out her sulfur pit, and she's gonna get pissed and cast a hex that makes locusts come out of his dooky hole.

Speaking of horrible curses, I got caught in my zipper earlier when trying to use the restroom. I blame HarSon's girl for that too. She is la Mujer Siniestra. She didn't like my joke and cast a hex on me.

JLynn

TIL Phil Collins is rarely considered for any racial drafts. I never knew how hated he was, and how black folk love him until I was digging for quotes.

Crocodile

CT's narrative simplicity is also why it's less interesting. CC deals with interesting things. In a typical jrpg, you're supposed to save the girl. When you choose to save the girl in CC, you commit genocide and the game doesn't beat around the bush telling you that you fucked up for the life of one single person you barely even know. CC's way of alternate timelines is more interesting to me. The idea of an alternate you that has fulfilled your dreams that you gave up on at one point is inspiring. Or the idea that maybe in another timeline, you're actually dead. That's interesting to me. CT is a lot more simplistic to be sure, but that's not necessarily a point for it as much as people think. Because it's so simplistic examples of the above don't really happen. Reviving Crono doesn't have much if any ramification. Changing the past in CT doesn't really change the future much. It feels static. In CC, the story actually changes depending on your actions. So if you choose not to save Kid, you won't have to commit genocide and will have a completely different story. I also don't think CT's battle system is better. It's simplistic and can be kind of boring. It doesn't have a single boss fight as good as the fight vs Miguel or vs Lynx when you try to get your body back. CC's dungeons are actually pretty great I think. Things like manor, the ship where you turn into a cat, Fort Dragonia;etc are just better dungeons conceptually. CT has boring dungeons like Black Omen.

-There are multiple times in the game where your actions in the past affect the future. Not just for the main narrative but for several sidequests as well. Did you forget about the Green Dream or Lucca's ordeal with her mother?

-I don't disagree that Crono himself is less integral to the narrative of the plot than Serge but since they are both mostly self-insert characters I can't say this mattered that much to me.

-You can have all the "complex" and "deep" themes you want but if they are delivered poorly the game is going to suffer (many of things that were going on in CC narrative I'd hesitate to call "deep" - though maybe that's my fault for using the word?). CC way too often liked to just exposition dump on you, especially towards the end. This isn't to say there isn't good stuff in CC narrative - there is. But the way it was presented was kind of a mess.

-The battle system in CT is quick and straight to the point. Dual + Triple Tech were the shit and are basically absent from CC. Positioning mattered more in CT. I wasn't a fan of the elemental-color system in CC at all.

-CT had tons of good fights. Like vs Magus? vs. the Masamune? vs Black Tyrano + Azeala (plus the cutscene after that fight). Like you're right that the Lynx fights, vs. Miguel, are strong fights but I think I'd put the fight vs. Magus or Lavos or Zeal up there (especially Magus).

There are definitely things that change now and then but it doesn't feel like a large change? Also, I don't think those are good boss fights. I think they're memorable boss fights, but not good ones. Whatever!

I agree Cindi, FF6 is boring. But people wanna call me the bad guy when I say that shit.

FF6 is good. Just not as good as I remember it.

Sch1sm

That PS+ price increase thread, lol.

"Microsoft already does it."
"It's only $10 extra."
"You mean you can't afford to pay an extra 80 cents a month?"

harSon

Banned
what in the fuck

You messing with some weird chicks, man. lol

You have no idea bruh.

She's getting her masters in traditional chinese medicine, is a Reiki master and is a light activation healing practitioner. She's a Massage therapist too though, and those hands are magic.

andthebeatgoeson

You have no idea bruh.

She's getting her masters in traditional chinese medicine, is a Reiki master and is a light activation healing practitioner. She's a Massage therapist too though, and those hands are magic.

You getting to Jandro level of temptation, now.

Got dudes over here like, 'Must....not....post....a.... response.'

just had to kill a 3 foot snake in my garage

#country
What kind?

Numb

Might as well get this over with

Where you're from - South Africa moved to UK then to Japan solo
Where you live - Japan
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Parents born and raised in Zimbabwe, moved to South Africa and that's were they had me
Do you know your roots - Tribe from around Zimbabwe area
Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Assistant Language Teacher though I want to work in something computer related.
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Video Games, Music, Reading, Anime I guess
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Only had KFC when I lived in London, I'd rather put down Favorite Chicken though. I think there's only KFC of the options in Japan too but I'm unsure
Welcome welcome welcome
just had to kill a 3 foot snake in my garage

#country
Watch yourself

So I peeped that Same Kind of Different as Me trailer & goddamn, I damn near died laughing at it, they got Djimon Honsou acting like an illiterate Negro brute & Renee Zellweger trying to save his dusty ass.
Nah nigga. Making another one of these films is nauseating enough, but its set in the modern era too?
Im supporting that Nat Turner movie off GP, regardless of what the director did in his private life. Hollywood is too extra with these movies about Black folks needing White guidance. I aint for it.
If rich White people can rally around Roman Polanski, Ima rally around a man who at least got acquitted of his alleged sex crime. (Nate Parker getting "falsely accused" of rape by a White woman, then going out & marrying a White woman is a real interesting background story though)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

"It's only $10 extra."

I kind of agree.

If you're paying extra for online play, you have already lost. What's another unnecessary 10 bucks, when you're already paying an unnecessary 50?

Sch1sm

I kind of agree.

If you're paying extra for online play, you have already lost. What's another unnecessary 10 bucks, when you're already paying an unnecessary 50?

Well, it's not that I disagree.

It's more how they're going about it. It's one thing to push that it's simply $10, fractioning it so it's only USD$5/mo, or $0.80 extra per month, or whatever, but to shame people for being against the hike when we don't know their financial circumstance is just insensitive. In the case of those just doing it because, "I don't know what extra we're getting from this service so I'm dropping it and building an expensive PC instead to play Steam games," I'm behind it.

I could afford it if I shifted my budget a little to make up for it, but I don't know if I will. CDN$20 won't kill me but it's $20 that goes toward saving to pay my student loan after graduation. That, and I only play SFV online. Always sales, anyway. Not like I've bought an XBL sub for more than $35USD in the last 6 years, at least.

FyreWulff

That's why I wish we were just on a universal console standard. There already isn't competition anyway.

MS and Sony never compete like they're trying to win, they actually just look at how much the other gets away with charging and then aligns in parity to that. They've always done that. It's so annoying.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's more how they're going about it. It's one thing to push that it's simply $10, fractioning it so it's only USD$5/mo, or $0.80 extra per month, or whatever, but to shame people for being against the hike when we don't know their financial circumstance is just insensitive.
Agreed.

FyreWulff

Remember when Sony charged out the nose for updates solely because Microsoft did it because fuck you give us money after you gave us money to release on your platform

I don't care about PS+ or even Xbox live(or whatever it's called). Personally,I don't think they are worth. I also don't mind the look of the PS4 slim – it's inoffensive. Nothing to make a big fuss over.

I don't care about PS+ or even Xbox live(or whatever it's called). Personally,I don't think they are worth. I also don't mind the look of the PS4 slim – it's inoffensive. Nothing to make a big fuss over.

You will be outraged or you will leave this site. It's as simple as that.

I don't see the big deal about either of those stories either. Nice to see new hardware is coming for those that are interested. I'm more concerned with the neo, but I won't be getting that until next year sometime.

Slayven

"It's only $10 extra."

Is it shitty, a little.

Is it world ending like folks will make it out to be? No

Niggas preordering a 200 Collectors edition to get a sticker and cd. Sure have the oddest complaints about prices in their hobbies

Kreed

noone gives a shit about milestone characters. and with hudlin holding the reigns they probably never will

I'll take a great action animated series with a "decent" sized pool of black characters (including one of the best TV interpretations of Black Manta I've seen) over a more comic accurate Super Boy/etc... Would it be better if we could get both? Sure, but I doubt anyone is going to be lining up to do a Young Justice series for a long time.

Is it shitty, a little.

Is it world ending like folks will make it out to be? No

Niggas preordering a 200 Collectors edition to get a sticker and cd. Sure have the oddest complaints about prices in their hobbies

This right here. Gamers. Maybe Malyse was right about fandoms after all

Slayven

I'll take a great action animated series with a "decent" sized pool of black characters (including one of the best TV interpretations of Black Manta I've seen) over a more comic accurate Super Boy/etc... Would it be better if we could get both? Sure, but I doubt anyone is going to be lining up to do a Young Justice series for a long time.

We need to stop settling for some niggas in the background. We deserve better. YJ's problem is the cast got to big to accomdate everyone. Rocket and Mal literally just showed up to do "remember us?" scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom