• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

And Rocket wouldn't have settled for no YJ, she would had a seat at the Justice League table telling Batman what he not going to do.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And Rocket wouldn't have settled for no YJ, she would had a seat at the Justice League table telling Batman what he not going to do.

And she would have been laughed back to young justice or the outsiders while cyborg gets promoted

Shitty that PS Plus is going up, but not that big of a deal. I stacked up on PS Plus and don't have to bother to re-up until 2018.

You have no idea bruh.

She's getting her masters in traditional chinese medicine, is a Reiki master and is a light activation healing practitioner. She's a Massage therapist too though, and those hands are magic.

Which Chinese dynasty did she come from?

Kreed

We need to stop settling for some niggas in the background. We deserve better. YJ's problem is the cast got to big to accomdate everyone. Rocket and Mal literally just showed up to do "remember us?" scenes

That's the kind of thinking that gets you Teen Titans Go. You've got to think long term. Support the "Iron Man"s now so you get "Black Panther"s later.

Parallax

That's the kind of thinking that gets you Teen Titans Go. You've got to think long term. Support the "Iron Man"s now so you get "Black Panther"s later.

Wait, how is wanting better get us ttg? People that wanted teen Titans wished on a monkeys paw

Real talk, nigga was busted from jump.. Who thought that was good?

It's like they wanted a tech armor guy, but didn't want to go down the iron man, steel, or even m.a.n.t.i.s. route. So they stuck a bunch of junk on a top vest and muscle shorts

Kreed

Not really.

Folks be so hurt about TTG

Wait, how is wanting better get us ttg? People that wanted teen Titans wished on a monkeys paw

DC had DC Nation on Cartoon Network which was an action cartoon block. Not enough people watched the shows so they all got cancelled. They didn't replace "Spectacular Young Justice" with "Ultimate Young Justice". Instead DC put out something completely different (Teen Titans Go) and got themselves a hit. You aren't going to get better/more accurate comic book action cartoons by "not settling" and not watching them.

Parallax

DC had DC Nation on Cartoon Network which was an action cartoon block. Not enough people watched the shows so they all got cancelled. They didn't replace "Spectacular Young Justice" with "Ultimate Young Justice". Instead DC put out something completely different (Teen Titans Go) and got themselves a hit. You aren't going to get better/more accurate comic book action cartoons by "not settling" and not watching them.

Fucking up the block and having a year between seasons also did a lot of damage. If they had seriously went in with a dc block in mind instead of 2(maybe 3?) series and a bunch of good shorts, I think it would have fared better. Especially alongside the dctv universe

Slayven

It's like they wanted a tech armor guy, but didn't want to go down the iron man, steel, or even m.a.n.t.i.s. route. So they stuck a bunch of junk on a top vest and muscle shorts
Random chain

That is like saying you won't get a Scandal because of a Modern Family. Cartoon Network shooting themselves in the hip every chance they get is as much to blame for that.

RedSwirl

I'll grab PS+ whenever I get around to buying Bloodborne. How much depends on how much time I think it'll take to beat the game.

Kreed

Fucking up the block and having a year between seasons also did a lot of damage. If they had seriously went in with a dc block in mind instead of 2(maybe 3?) series and a bunch of good shorts, I think it would have fared better. Especially alongside the dctv universe

That is like saying you won't get a Scandal because of a Modern Family. Cartoon Network shooting themselves in the hip every chance they get is as much to blame for that.

Better example would be Greys Anatomy. Shonda Rhimes wouldn't have had the chance to make Scandal if that show flopped. I agree with you two on the Cartoon Network fuckery.

Village

Irrc people watched yj
It had a weird demo that wasnt buying merch so they dropped

cdyhybrid

Thirty-two year old man dyeing his hair stupid colors and pissing in public/on bathroom walls.

Where are the role models for the community?

andthebeatgoeson

It is imperative to remember that the Olympics split themselves with a sloppy gender proxy for competing, reliant on a constellation of biological markers, not a testosterone split. We do not attack men who have higher testosterone levels than other male athletes and we especially do not force them to have inhumane and wildly problematic “gender tests”. Semenya is guilty of nothing. She is an Olympic champion and it’s time we treat her like one.

Her win stands as a victory for all those who have ever been told that they should be ashamed or change who they are. For the young queer, trans and intersex individuals sat in their homes watching Rio, Semenya’s win is a signpost to them telling them that they can do anything they want in this world. Thank you, Semenya, for sharing your championship with us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...ity-doesnt-look-the-way-we-want-a7203506.html

gettyimages-592603684.jpg

A tearful Lynsey Sharp said the decision to overturn rules on testosterone suppression made competing against the women’s Olympic 800m champion, Caster Semenya, and other hyperandrogenic athletes difficult.

Sharp told the BBC after the race: “I have tried to avoid the issue all year. You can see how emotional it all was. We know how each other feels. It is out of our control and how much we rely on people at the top sorting it out. The public can see how difficult it is with the change of rule but all we can do is give it our best.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/21/lynsey-sharp-caster-semenya-rio-2016-olympics

Just becoming annoyed with this issue over the lady from South Africa who has been humiliated. Even looking at her with her hands on the runner from GB and how it brought Sharp to tears gets me heated. She was born a certain way and we can't celebrate her.

The independent article said it best, we don't segregate guys based on testosterone level.

Shy

I got Deus Ex today.
I kind of feel uncomfortable about it, from what i understand lead writer hangs out at the KIA sub Reddit, and has said some sus shit. And i don't like giving him money.

Let's just hope there's isn't anything questionable in this like there was in the last game.

I got Deus Ex today.
I kind of feel uncomfortable about it, from what i understand lead writer hangs out at the KIA sub Reddit, and has said some sus shit. And i don't like giving him money.

Let's just hope there's isn't anything questionable in this like there was in the last game.

Enjoy the game Shy. If we can forgive jandro for votig for Reagan before he was even born, we can let you enjoy a game or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom