• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Alfred is secretly the best Bat character.

One of my favorite pages is Alfred threatening to knee cap Nightwing. For a good cause of course.

And I remember a short in one of the Black & White issues with him processing Todd's death that was great.
Edit: Found it "The Delusions of Alfred Pennyworth"
---
The Superboy Prime one shot where they got super meta was the only good use of that character, and they never really revisited it.

D i Z

I want to see him doing anything not dealing with Bruce's garbage. I bet he plays a mean Martian Manhunter in Injustice Gods Among Us.

Johndoey

Banned
I want to see him doing anything not dealing with Bruce's garbage. I bet he plays a mean Martian Manhunter in Injustice Gods Among Us.
I could see a younger Alfred caring for Bruce pre world tour but he doesn't really function well outside of his father role in the Bat-family.

Though he was evil for a while so...

D i Z

They should make him secretly be a Spider Man, and waited all this time to catch a bat man and eat it

That Ra's agent that has been keeping the wolves from the door for decades, and Bruce out of shit above his head.

I mean like he's got biker club ties and invested in a music label kind of thing. Got box seats all around the country and never goes, but they all know his face kind of thing. Has Ben & Jerry on speed dial and hits them with pitches late at night. I'd read some of that.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm tired of their only being two spectrums for black skin. Either you're light skin or dark skin. People call me light skin or dark skin but dammit, my skin is medium. It looks like a golden, more bronzed and slightly darker caramel. It exposes weird ideas on blackness and skin color. No, I am not dark skinned. My daddy is though. I think people call all non white passing black folks as dark skinned because it's just too fucking easy to do so. It shows a bias in skin preference. It's ridiculous because I know Indians who are darker than me but I'm labeled dark skinned. Or I'm labeled light skin and I'm totally not. It doesn't bother me being labeled dark or light skinned in itself as I have no issues with having it, but if you can aptly label the differences in white skin as "pale" "fair" or "tanned" or even "Mediterranean" then surely you can have the brain to not label all black people who don't look like Beyoncé or Prince (RIP) as dark skinned.

Ugh, colorism. I hate it.

This reminds of some bullshit a nurse at my doctor's once said to my sister.

My sis was wearing a shirt that says Black Girls Rock and this nurse said "omg that's a cute shirt but listen, you're not black, you're brown. Don't call yourself black."

No, this nurse was not black.

Yes, my sister still wears that shirt and gets compliments everywhere she goes.

Johndoey

Banned
All I can think about now is Return of Joker. And hands getting lopped off.

Ugh, colorism. I hate it.

This reminds of some bullshit a nurse at my doctor's once said to my sister.

My sis was wearing a shirt that says Black Girls Rock and this nurse said "omg that's a cute shirt but listen, you're not black, you're brown. Don't call yourself black."

No, this nurse was not black.

Yes, my sister still wears that shirt and gets compliments everywhere she goes.
The hell can't people mind their own damn business is what I don't get, like fuck off with the bizarre unsolicited comments about my pigmentation.

Merc_

Apparently, we're super demonic warriors who mastered black magic. We emit vapors constantly and are able use the "Dehumanizing Glance" technique to full mastery.

kldVJax.gif

zeemumu

Why we always compared to something other than human.

Because people have an easier time convincing themselves that they're better than someone if they have less similarities to that someone. It won't really go away until there's an actual, non-human species that rivals us technologically. Then racism will be usurped by space racism, or robot racism.

Ali has a star on the walk of fame, but it's mounted to a wall. Why? So no one steps on him.
Read an article written in the Rolling Stone in '78 after his first defeat? and it really hammered home how much people hated him at the time for succeeding and how much white America wanted to see him lose. But he won life, and all of his haters lost, so fuck em.

Imm0rt4l

Read an article written in the Rolling Stone in '78 after his first defeat? and it really hammered home how much people hated him at the time for succeeding and how much white America wanted to see him lose. But he won life, and all of his haters lost, so fuck em.

But he transcended race...

akira28

50/50 chance she was either watching classic movies or starring in them. were where white people included with this white ppl weed?

Shy

I'm still holding out hope that one day we'll get a So Well Spoken terra formars commentary track podcast
I really need some sunglasses. What do you guys wear or recommend?
I can't give you any tips on what one to wear right now, but this guide might be able to help you pick a style that suits you. (i haven't tried it yet, myself. but i want too)

Please click on the pic, to get a nice high res readable version.
Afternoon everyone.
I got entirely too fucked up last night. Missing about 2hrs of memory; smoked some white people weed.
Evening.

Well. There's probably quite a story behind it. LOL.

Just got NXT Takeover Brooklyn Tickets and finally admit to the girl I've been dating for a while that I love her. And I didn't get dumped!

Today's fucking lit so far.

Shy

Thirst.GIF.

She's very lovely, isn't she.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A short Storm movie that IMHO is better than all her portrayals thus far. Written by and starring Maya Glick. NSFW due to nudity and swearing:

http://www.msvixenmag.com/2016/05/maya-glick-wrote-and-starred-in-this.html

#blackgirlmagic #blackgirlmutantpowers
Noice. I'll check that out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom