• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
So I plan on fasting for a couple days this year, not a religious thing, just want to. I already feel like it will be a great mistake on my part

Slayven

I can't remember the last time I left a movie early but I just had to for The Nice Guys. That shit is awful. This is why I typically ignore the recommendations people make on this site.
Looked like some corny stuff

Hey Slayven or anyone else that might be interested, thought this might be right up your alley if you haven't seen it before. There's a Youtuber named Comic Book Girl 19 who created a pretty quality several hour 3 part documentary series on the X-Men 60s era, Phoenix Saga, and Dark Phoenix Saga (this one is 4 bucks on Vimeo on Demand right now but I bought it since it was so impressive). It is actually a super interesting and entertaining comic book history lesson for the unfamiliar if you've got 3 hours and some change to spare.

I will check it out. People skip over so much of the Pheonix saga as Jean Grey just being Mangry. You got the Hellfire club, The Imperial Guard, The M'Kaaren Crystal. etc. It was meaty as fuck.

D i Z

Looked like some corny stuff

I will check it out. People skip over so much of the Pheonix saga as Jean Grey just being Mangry. You got the Hellfire club, The Imperial Guard, The M'Kaaren Crystal. etc. It was meaty as fuck.

People don't even know. We're never going to be ready for Inferno and everything that changed after at this rate.

Slayven

People don't even know. We're never going to be ready for Inferno and everything that changed after at this rate.

Brah, the OG Secret Wars and Infinite Crisis, those shits were built up over years in every book. Every character got touched on. These kids nowadays would not be ready for that

Johndoey

Banned
Unrelated note but as questionable as AvX was I like the concept of the Captain America and Iron Man being real tired of these mutants and their Phoenix bullshit. Go to their house to tell them the good word.

Besides that Ultimate Red Skull is the greatest. It had to stem from some dumb joke about being a skinned head.

Numb

Kbrxtq1.gif

RedSwirl

This lady me and my mom knew was killed by an umbrella.

An umbrella.

I mean... What are the chances out of all the ways you die, a strong wind picks up an anchored beach umbrella, makes it go flying, and it lands right in your chest.

Shit. I saw the headline for that pop up on my news feed.

D i Z

what folks doing for E3?

I was thinking of just chilling here, cause the OT threads are useless until the next day

I'll be updating other places as the news comes in, and being exhausted doing it on someone elses dime.

Yep. I really like CBG19. (though admittedly i don't shit about the funny books)

She dabbled in silly horror/comedy flicks from the 80's as well. I looked earlier today, but didn't immediately see them in the channel list. But they are there. Stuff like House II if you're into that kind of thing. I found them entertaining.
Also, her comic book movie reviews when she's been drinking are often fun to watch. Especially when the films suck.

Shy

She dabbled in silly horror/comedy flicks from the 80's as well. I looked earlier today, but didn't immediately see them in the channel list. But they are there. Stuff like House II if you're into that kind of thing. I found them entertaining.
Also, her comic book movie reviews when she's been drinking are often fun to watch. Especially when the films suck.
Yep i've watched most of her stuff. And i love her BVS review, that's some funny shit right there.

D i Z

Yeah, why did they get rid of robot, do you know. ?

No idea. Saw him in a recent vid, so I guess the producer/voice was busy elsewhere maybe? They do Marvel production comic vids behind a paywall now, so I guess that might have something to do with it.

D i Z

Oh. The Titanfall question from earlier. I'll bet cold hard cash that it'll last longer on consoles than on PC once again. If I feel like blowing cash on it after a proof of concept comes back, it'll be on PS4.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Brah, the OG Secret Wars and Infinite Crisis, those shits were built up over years in every book. Every character got touched on. These kids nowadays would not be ready for that

i was lucky to have been gifted a copy of coie as a kid. as for modern events, infinite crisis was the best event of the early 2000s. up until multiversity and the new secret wars, i skipped a ton of events just on the whackness of all of them

Shy

No idea. Saw him in a recent vid, so I guess the producer/voice was busy elsewhere maybe? They do Marvel production comic vids behind a paywall now, so I guess that might have something to do with it.
That "off the rack" show i keep seeing ads for, on her vids. ?

Litan

what folks doing for E3?

I was thinking of just chilling here, cause the OT threads are useless until the next day
Was excited for E3 until I learned Nintendo wont show the NX.
I just want to see Zelda. Won't follow gaming side threads much because, like you said, they move way too fast to be worth reading unless you care to see people's reaction to stuff.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
what folks doing for E3?

I think I'll be here too. Altho I expect the servers to be down haha

Any of the e3 news that's worth knowing I trust I'll find out about it in here.

Malyse

what folks doing for E3?

Lamenting that most of my favorite franchises won't be there. Two are dead, two just got games, one is getting a spiritual successor and one is coming in December.
Spectrobes, Xenosaga, Senran Kagura, Project X Zone, Saints Row, Kingdom Hearts in order of preference.

KumaJG

On a side note Rachel McAdams is rising up my white women i am ready to risk it all list. She got that delicious womanhood weight on her.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lamenting that most of my favorite franchises won't be there. Two are dead, two just got games, one is getting a spiritual successor and one is coming in December.
Spectrobes, Xenosaga, Senran Kagura, Project X Zone, Saints Row, Kingdom Hearts in order of preference.

i was gonna make a spectrobes joke at your expense earlier, but didnt for some reason

EloquentM

aka Mannny
On a side note Rachel McAdams is rising up my white women i am ready to risk it all list. She got that delicious womanhood weight on her.
Christina Hendricks though.

I found her black equivalent on insta one day and lost her profile forever. Such a sad day

That "off the rack" show i keep seeing ads for, on her vids. ?

That's the one.

For E3 I plan to be here at home on BCT with occasional looks to gaming side and watching the conferences. If I can send the streams to my Roku or Chromecast, that's what'll happen

I'm tired of their only being two spectrums for black skin. Either you're light skin or dark skin. People call me light skin or dark skin but dammit, my skin is medium. It looks like a golden, more bronzed and slightly darker caramel. It exposes weird ideas on blackness and skin color. No, I am not dark skinned. My daddy is though. I think people call all non white passing black folks as dark skinned because it's just too fucking easy to do so. It shows a bias in skin preference. It's ridiculous because I know Indians who are darker than me but I'm labeled dark skinned. Or I'm labeled light skin and I'm totally not. It doesn't bother me being labeled dark or light skinned in itself as I have no issues with having it, but if you can aptly label the differences in white skin as "pale" "fair" or "tanned" or even "Mediterranean" then surely you can have the brain to not label all black people who don't look like Beyoncé or Prince (RIP) as dark skinned.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If you aren't black or frequently associate with black people there's only two shades of black. I'm yellow and red when tanned but to most of my non black friends I'm Charlie Murphy tier. It's obviously completely stupid as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom