• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

What, what happened. Something Football related i take it.

You know it. Just can't get right. Had the game in the bag and fucked it up. Wasn't bad enough that supporters are being an international embarrassment once again..

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A short Storm movie that IMHO is better than all her portrayals thus far. Written by and starring Maya Glick. NSFW due to nudity and swearing:

http://www.msvixenmag.com/2016/05/maya-glick-wrote-and-starred-in-this.html

#blackgirlmagic #blackgirlmutantpowers

Lol at the "Can I touch your hair" thug

This type of passionate fandom is so inspiring. I need to embrace and pour my fandom into my own writing with just as much vigor. Also makes me angry that this past Singer movie is the only chance well get to see Ororo for a while :/ Thanks for posting, Manky!

Shy

Wasn't bad enough that supporters are being an international embarrassment once again..
I don't understand how they're not banned for entering other countries. At least during a match or tournament.
They dominated that whole thing and just.

Poof. Collapsed. How.
It's what we do. lol
Mighty number 9 looks like garbage

Especially considering all the BS surrounding it.
It really does.

D i Z

They dominated that whole thing and just.

Poof. Collapsed. How.

Shit is ridiculous. A collapse from England is reliable. It's expected.

I don't understand how they're not banned for entering other countries. At least during a match or tournament.

I don't get it either. I'd be banning supporters AND the team for this shit. If they can't supervise themselves, they can stay home and watch others teams play. Fuck em all. And those cities need to be dry during matches as unreasonable as that sounds. There should be no booze on the streets, just designated bars with heavy security. That goes for the Russians as well.

Slayven

the video game or like the visuals

The video game i'll disagree with you.

Visually ohhh yeaaah

The visual and sounds. The graphics look really sterile and basic, and the music and voice acting is like whoa.

The game play looks solid if nothing to right home about.

Black Manta's finally in Injustice brehs

BP will never be in MvC :'(

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A short Storm movie that IMHO is better than all her portrayals thus far. Written by and starring Maya Glick. NSFW due to nudity and swearing:

no offense but this sucks.

It's not faithful to any of her ethos.

and it's made and shipped to look like that lame Sin City movie.

Malyse

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A few thoughts:

- 80's Mohawk Storm is best Storm
- Yes NSFW, but it's PG-13 nudity and swearing
- Alexandra Shipp was one of the best things about Apocalypse
- If Fox had any goddamned sense, they would have been making Marvel One-Shot style shorts featuring some of the more neglected characters like Jubilee or Jubilee or maybe even Jubilee.
- Jubilee is powerful as fuck and has some immunity to telepathy. Plus anyone who watched the 90's cartoon has an attachment. Stop fucking this up Fox.
- Storm has always gotten the short end in the films. This was way better, but I don't love the white savior trope.
- I hope Miss Shipp gets a well written story and kills it.

BP will never be in MvC :'(

no offense but this sucks.

It's not faithful to any of her ethos.

and it's made and shipped to look like that lame Sin City movie.

You are correct that this is not faithful to any comic cannon. MNI isn't anywhere in the comic books.

I personally like this because it is very close to the /spirit/ of Storm, if not the law. I also like that it was written by and starred a black woman.

Man. Some of the people in that Bernie racial divide topic are pretty gross. Cringing devotion to some of these candidates is disturbing as all get out.

There is one truth that will never be acknowledged. It's a waste of time.

A HUGE waste

I mean...ew...Like I'm even seriously baffled that they so naively stick to that "Bernie alone will burn the whole thing down" pipe dream and insult us for not buying in whole hog to the same thing. And we're the ones who can't be relied upon to change things? The people actually dying, suffering and going through grassroots paths to change their communities? The ones who still have to suffer the brunt of mainstream stereotyping and put downs? The ones who will still be at the back of the line in terms of getting the benefits of change revolution or no? The people they're so eager to belittle because they looked side eyed at their grandpa messiah are the only ones who know a thing or to about actual revolution and why one codger ain't about to rejigger the US alone. What a horrid horrid mindset. I kept in the dark about most of the Bernie Bro stuff before but g'damn I did not know how insulting some of these people really were.

Dai101

Banned
Saluuuuuud!!!

MYij8qG.jpg

FyreWulff

If Sony thinks people are going to upgrade consoles like phones, I hope they tell everyone just like on phones, developers are going to not target the latest bleeding edge for everything, but probably latest - 2.

RedSwirl

Oh shit. There's some actual history on the History Channel.

It's something about barbarian uprisings against Rome. It's actually pretty well-produced. I guess they're going off the template of Vikings a little bit, but with some classic historian narration.

First part is about Hannibal crossing the Alps. They got black actors for Hannibal and the Carthaginians.

Spinluck

Shovel Knight is the only good crowd funded game I've played.

The others be looking suspect.

Edit: there's something really ugly about the aesthetics of the Injustice games to me. The art style is on the ugly side. I do enjoy the game however.

BigDes

It's something about barbarian uprisings against Rome. It's actually pretty well-produced. I guess they're going off the template of Vikings a little bit, but with some classic historian narration.

First part is about Hannibal crossing the Alps. They got black actors for Hannibal and the Carthaginians.
How does any of that tie into WW2?

Shy

I remember watching a docu-drama the BBC made ten years that had Dr. Bashir from DS9 as Hannibal. It was rather good. (well i remember it being good anway)

I just checked, it was a two part doc, and both part are on youtube if anyone wants to check it out.

Part 1.
Part 2.

Edit: there's something really ugly about the aesthetics of the Injustice games to me. The art style is on the ugly side. I do enjoy the game however.

Breh that's just that NRS jank stamp.

If Sony thinks people are going to upgrade consoles like phones, I hope they tell everyone just like on phones, developers are going to not target the latest bleeding edge for everything, but probably latest - 2.

I hope so too or you're gonna have some grandmas spending money for xmas that they don't need to.

Haven't played Pillars of Eternity or anything in the Shadowrun Returns line up? Those have been some of the best WRPGs to come out in years.

And I totally agree about the Injustice games. They could have gone more stylized like v. Capcom or SF. The realistic look the games go for just saps any fun out of it on top of looking ugly as sin.

FyreWulff

I hope so too or you're gonna have some grandmas spending money for xmas that they don't need to.

Also what a lot of customers do is the leapfrog strategy.. only upgrade on the 2s. (Hence why devs end up in the -2 cycle)

Basically, Neo would end up the experiment, and Neo2 is the "true" next upgrade, etc.

Johndoey

Banned
Manta could be part of the stage transition like Ray and Giganta in the first injustice.
---
I think Oxenfree might be one of the best games I've played in years.

jmood88

I don't remember what the first game looked like but I was really surprised at how bad the Injustice 2 trailer looked.

Malyse

Then you skipped quite a few crowdfunded games.

At a gay night club.

Manta could be part of the stage transition like Ray and Giganta in the first injustice.
---
I think Oxenfree might be one of the best games I've played in years.

Play PSO2 and PSO2es

So...what's everyone planning for E3? Are we all going to Slayven's? Will we be grilling? I have the Hawaiian rolls and napkins. May even bring some Kirkland brand liquor if y'all act right. Whoever is bringing pasta salad, please remember to use the right kind of pasta. Angel hair pasta salad is not ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom