• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening my people and Gordon

giphy.gif

Don't hurt yourself..

The act of being you is always special.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hey, man, you're allowed to not like it. I'm not angry at you or something. You came in all "get MAD about this DUMB GARBAGE for GARBAGE BREHS" so it's easy to see why people would give you shit. I'd discuss it with you completely civilly if that's what you wanted as a response. It just didn't seem that way.
It ain't about nothing but the reactions. That's why I love Gordon. He animated. Old people always got something to say.

Merc_

Except that is exactly what she just did, with her trite ass....

A large amount of white feminists seem to have that problem of oversexualizing black people. It comes up an awful lot for people who claim to be enlightened and intersectional.

Aiustis

So the worst part about working on Monday: I left my 3ds in my locker at my other job. It's closed until Tuesday T_T

Looks like I'll be taking my Wii U to work.

andthebeatgoeson

Soccer player Megan Rapinoe kneels as 'nod to Kaepernick'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-francisco-49ers-quarterback-colin-kaepernick

NFL players are no longer the only professional athletes to silently protest during the national anthem.

On Sunday night, women's soccer player Megan Rapinoe followed the example of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick by taking a knee during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner" before her Seattle Reign played the Chicago Red Stars in an NWSL game.

After the game, a 2-2 draw, Rapinoe told American Soccer Now that her action was "a nod to Kaepernick."

"I am disgusted with way he has been treated and the fans and hatred he has received in all of this," Rapione told espnW's Julie Foudy. "It is overtly racist. 'Stay in your place black man.' Just didn't feel right to me. We need a more substantive conversation around race relations and the way people of color are treated."

Rapinoe added: "We are not saying we are not one the greatest countries in world. Just need to accept that [it is] not perfect, things are broken.

"And quite honestly being gay, I have stood with my hand over my heart during the national anthem and felt like I haven't had my liberties protected, so I can absolutely sympathize with that feeling."

Rapinoe said she will continue to kneel in every match going forward.

Oh shit. Is this momentum?

Malyse

Hypothetical scenario:

Time traveler comes from the future to tell you to break it off with your significant other, because in two years time you will be killed and in their despair, said significant other will kill off 99% of humanity including everyone you love. Traveler has irrefutable proof of both their claims. You can't avoid death if you stay with your partner. What will you do?

Single folk version: you have to stay aromatic and celibate lest you doom the world. All else is the same.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Those Mr. Church spoilers are legit the funniest shit I've read in a long time
From that thread:
Spoiler

She goes to college which he paid for, then gets pregnant and becomes homeless. He lets her live with him, then she goes through his shit and he gets mad. She learns he is something beyond cooking, then he dies. Then she gets rich telling the story
I kinda want to see this trainwreck of a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom