• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moral Orel lost it towards the end

I dunno. The last two seasons are my personal pick for the best animated television of all time, and Clay, Orel's father, is one of the greatest and most evil characters in television history. He's a real bitch and every aspect of who he is and his abuse of Orel is delved into fully. The ending is probably the most hopeful part of the whole show, since
Orel marries the woman he loves and doesn't grow up to be like his father.

Once the show got an actual narrative, it got incredible. The story of the
pastor and his gay daughter who works at the sex shop bonding as father and daughter is especially heartwarming.
Closeface is a beautiful song. And the show is shockingly honest about small town secrets. From what I've seen of white Christian communities in the Midwest, it's pretty much a spot-on parody. I have heard of more abuse coming out of those homes and from those fathers than I have ever seen anywhere else. Straight-up sociopaths who make their families live in fear.

Shy

Nah, you ain't Jandro.
Lol. Awwwww. That's mean.
post-30210-Neo-WOAH-gif-WHOA-mind-blown-T-IkVq.gif
I don't like to brag. ��
So Rick and Morty? Good?

I get suspect when rave too much about a show
I FUCKING LOVE RICK AND MORTY. Get on that shit right away fam.

You will not be disappoint.

Make sure to watch after the credits though, cause they have little scenes.

D i Z

Slow motion disaster aversion.

There is only one serious candidate on the presidential ballot in November. We recommend Hillary Clinton.

We don't come to this decision easily. This newspaper has not recommended a Democrat for the nation's highest office since before World War II — if you're counting, that's more than 75 years and nearly 20 elections. The party's over-reliance on government and regulation to remedy the country's ills is at odds with our belief in private-sector ingenuity and innovation. Our values are more about individual liberty, free markets and a strong national defense.

We've been critical of Clinton's handling of certain issues in the past. But unlike Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton has experience in actual governance, a record of service and a willingness to delve into real policy.

PART ONE
Donald Trump is no Republican

His name may be at the top of the GOP ticket, but Trump doesn’t reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn’t reflect the GOP of the future.

Resume vs. resume, judgment vs. judgment, this election is no contest.

Malyse

CELEBRATE WITH ME, FAM!

I just got the news that my dad's cancer is GONE. He's 100% in the clear. My God, I'm so happy I'm lightheaded.

IrishNinja

threat title oughta be it's half past time to stop talking to white folks about racism

prolly other stuff too

talking to white people is exhausting

Hey Folks

So Rick and Morty? Good?

I get suspect when rave too much about a show

I enjoy it

See the Sony conference is taking it's toll

I can't handle all the announcements of things I don't really need to be spending money.

Atlanta is a black ass show

I'm in

I've heard really good things, mad I missed the first episode. Any ideas where I can catch it online?

CELEBRATE WITH ME, FAM!

I just got the news that my dad's cancer is GONE. He's 100% in the clear. My God, I'm so happy I'm lightheaded.

Good stuff! Words can't express what a relief this must be.

Shy

CELEBRATE WITH ME, FAM!

798SN7K.gif

CONGRATS. to you and your Father, DD.

Give him a big hug from all of us wishing him well for beating that shit. ❤️

Kreed

Apple is out here selling earbuds at near PS4 prices.

CELEBRATE WITH ME, FAM!

Awesome news DD! Congrats to your dad and his health.

Malyse

Thanks fam. I was so shook when they told me he had caught it. He's already older than both his parents lived to be and they both died from this same thing. We've had some rough spots before but I really can't imagine what it'd be like with him gone. I mean, we've finally got to the point where we can talk about real stuff and I'm just not ready to lose that.

I'ma make a new Good News thread.

MADE.

Malyse

I would bring goodies to the celebration but you fucks don't like honey.

Neither do I

Honey is underrated. It's a fucking amazing ingredient. Like, some of my recipes with spices and honey are just

502032.gif

Put some honey in your cooking. It's sublime.

I'm gonna made a honey marinade and soak some chicken in before I fry it.

Atlanta TV show the most important thing to happen to black people this week

What about Queen Sugar? Black director Ava duVernay, all PoC crew behind the camera, on Oprah's OWN...

I know, this is like when Beyonce and Kendrick were in the mix with the wokeness. No need to pick and choose.

CELEBRATE WITH ME, FAM!

YEEEEEEES! Congratulations, and I wish him continued good health!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom