• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.macworld.com/article/1131991/ipodtouch.html

The iPod touch software update released at last month’s Macworld Expo added applications that already appeared on the iPhone along with other new features. But it also delivered some confusion among iPod touch owners who wondered why they were being charged $19.99 for a software update.

It turns out Apple didn’t have much of a choice about charging for the iPod touch January software update, according to analysts familiar with accounting regulations.

“It’s an accounting requirement that if you upgrade a device that’s not on a subscription, you have to charge,” Needham and Company financial analyst Charles Wolf said. “Apple has a choice of what to charge, but they have to charge.”

The iPod touch software update added five new mobile apps—Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather, and Notes. (All five apps already appear on the iPhone.) The iPod touch’s Maps application also includes the ability to chart your location as well as other features added in the iPhone 1.1.3 software update.

Had a first gen ipod touch

D i Z

What about Queen Sugar? Black director Ava duVernay, all PoC crew behind the camera, on Oprah's OWN...

I know, this is like when Beyonce and Kendrick were in the mix with the wokeness. No need to pick and choose.

YEEEEEEES! Congratulations, and I wish him continued good health!

I hadn't even heard about this. After watching the trailer this is now on the schedule.

Slayven

Horizons is the only game i psyched about right now.

Oh, you didn't hear about that? It's something else. Can't wait for Metroid to be relegated to mobile.

No one wants them to do that to Bonk. That's like announcing Bonk pachinko.

I can see metorid match 3 or something coming out.

But then again the last good metorid was Super Metroid

Malyse

I can see metorid match 3 or something coming out.

But then again the last good metorid was Super Metroid

not-this-shit-again_fb_1224286.jpg

D i Z

I have less than zero faith that Guerilla Games can put together a competent story, never mind an entire game not handicapped by its own systems. John Gonzalez' work on New Vegas didn't move a needle for me at all, and I'm not a fan of the going native and playing dress up kind of appropriation I believe that I'm seeing. Looks stunning tho.

I started to play Saints Row IV last week, shit is fucking hillarious
"He fucked up Biz Markie!"

I got deep into IV but put it aside for a while. Forgot to go back, but I will. Played the living daylights out of The Third though. Gat out of Hell... I'll go back to on Throwback Thursdays one day.

Zekes!

How has Kriby escaped the fuckery?

Kirby won't escape it for long, they always seem to be experimenting with the franchise. Biggest difference is that the games always tend to come out good or at least enjoyable. The pink blob has some consistency man

Wouldn't mind a Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble port/remake/sequel on iOS/Android tho

Malyse

Kirby won't escape it for long, they always seem to be experimenting with the franchise. Biggest difference is that the games always tend to come out good or at least enjoyable. The pink blob has some consistency man

Wouldn't mind a Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble port/remake/sequel on iOS/Android tho

I mean, Kirby is prolly the least consistent franchise N has. Air Ride? Canvas Curse? Pinball? ROBOTS? CLAY?

Dai101

Banned
I don't know how people hate that game. The writing was so good

For real? Why people hate fun shit?

Saints Row is a personal top 10 franchise.

Now i'm including it in mine too.

I got deep into IV but put it aside for a while. Forgot to go back, but I will. Played the living daylights out of The Third though. Gat out of Hell... I'll go back to on Throwback Thursdays one day.

As soon as i fhish the campaign i'm going for that one too.

"Hey Kinzie wanna fuck?"

D i Z

For real? Why people hate fun shit?

Now i'm including it in mine too.

As soon as i fhish the campaign i'm going for that one too.

"Hey Kinzie wanna fuck?"

GooH is nowhere near as good as the previous two, but has a couple of chuckles.

Goddamn! III & IV are some fun fuckin' games!

Slayven

I have less than zero faith that Guerilla Games can put together a competent story, never mind an entire game not handicapped by its own systems. John Gonzalez' work on New Vegas didn't move a needle for me at all, and I'm not a fan of the going native and playing dress up kind of appropriation I believe that I'm seeing. Looks stunning tho.

But I can stab metal dinosaurs in the face

Zekes!

I mean, Kirby is prolly the least consistent franchise N has. Air Ride? Canvas Curse? Pinball? ROBOTS? CLAY?

Yeah, in that way sure, haha. It all generally works though.

Speaking of games, I finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided last night. I really enjoyed my time with the game, and it might be lucky enough to be in my top 5 for the year. We'll see.

The story is definitely the weakest part of the game, and it's mostly because they don't do anything interesting with the discrimination and prejudice themes. Ignoring all the fuckery and nonsense involving them aping BLM, they don't do anything really thought provoking with the concept despite all this focus on those themes. Despite that, all the other story shit involving the conspiracies and who's double crossing who is engaging, and the game has some decent characters.

The best part of the game is the gameplay. It's more of Human Revolution but feels more realized, though it isn't without its issues. I feel like it handled player choice pretty well, and having read through the spoiler thread, it seems like I could've done a bunch of stuff differently, and I missed some big sidequests. The last mission also has some interesting ideas that they should build on in the next game (hopefully we get one with these less than great sales).

It's funny reading through the Atlanta thread about the moment where the white dude said "Nigga" in his story with Donald's character and not the other dudes. I instantly understood why he could, but there were people confused

LionPride

Banned
It's funny reading through the Atlanta thread about the moment where the white dude said "Nigga" in his story with Donald's character and no the other dudes. I instantly understood why he could, but there were people confused
I used to be Ern in that scene, then I slapped the shit outta the last non black person to say nigga around me, then I became the janitor
Most people wouldn't direct a actor to say it that way
That little smile on his face as he walked away too

Slayven

But even that looked boring in the gameplay videos.
Too each his own
Ps4 pro conference was boring, and had is lapping it all up even defending leak of uhd.

I really don't know what people expect from these things, they are just a way of despensing info in mass. They will never change your life, they will never tickle your asshole, etc. They are there to sell a product and to get investors to invest. Nothing more, nothing less

shingi70

Banned
Too each his own

I really don't know what people expect from these things, they are just a way of despensing info in mass. They will never change your life, they will never tickle your asshole, etc. They are there to sell a product and to get investors to invest. Nothing more, nothing less

I was expecting a mini psx or something close to the PS4 reveal I guess. I wouldn't mind hearing mark cerney talk for hours, but I was hoping for Apple le els of entertainment.

Young Magus

Eva was trash from start to finish, the movies only lit the trash on fire

Dont exactly agree
nor disagree
with the trash statement but yea the movies were something else....nikkas tourched the set.

You can tell the exact moment in the series when EVA switched the fuckerry setting to max overdrive during the halfway point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom