• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Subax aad u wanaagsan dhammaantiina..
Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

Morning to you too

Morning y'all

Question, and I would put this in Politic-Gaf, but it's more on the anti-political section.

How do you feel about decolonization? I mean the full blown idea that the US and others are illegitimate due to their beginnings and continuous need to dominate and control the lives of indigenous populations around the world? And thus should be underminded or outright deconstructed.

I mean, yeah colonization has cause an unheard of amount of death, exploitation, and disenfranchisement. My thing is, decolonization plans always sound so half baked, not understanding the amount of collateral that plan would cause even if it worked. Which it surely doesn't have the resources for.

It sounds more academic than implementable. And for all the good it says it would do for the oppressed, it sounds like it would do nothing for them but leave a lawless land without a clear structure in play. Nevermind what would happen to the "colonists".

Seeing people post about pale skin in the "weird things you find attractive" thread is making me chuckle.

Because who on Earth would be attracted to women with very light skin, right? What would a crazy kink like that even stem from?

Sch1sm

Subax aad u wanaagsan dhammaantiina..

Mornin'.

Seeing people post about pale skin in the "weird things you find attractive" thread is making me chuckle.

Because who on Earth would be attracted to women with very light skin, right? What would a crazy turn-on like that even stem from?

They obviously have never seen that OKC race vs attraction chart, even though it's posted near religiously.

Slayven

Yoooo..I think both my wife and I saw each other's eyes pop out of their sockets with that one..geezuz lol.

and that story where 2 dudes she was hanging with went "we going to have a 3 some" and she was like "whatever, just don't take long"

Some shit happen to her, something dark

and that story where 2 dudes she was hanging with went "we going to have a 3 some" and she was like "whatever, just don't take long"

Some shit happen to her, something dark

First this:

tumblr_mazt6uXf5v1rqunlio1_500.gif

Then this:

200_s.gif

Suddenly wind blares outside as blue lights pass your window at intervals. Far off, a train can be heard and a baby cries. You realize you have woken up into a universe you are unfamiliar with. A darker universe where behind every door you may find Janedro in an oxygen mask on top of a filly and trauma untold.

Nearby, a man in a lounge jacket vaguely resembling Kramer from Seinfeld sways back and forth to showtunes.

You are in the SF Zone.

>Go north
>Talk to Nega-Kramer
>Climb out the window
>Dance to showtunes
>Examine radio
>Examine remains of half-eaten hooker
>Open door

BigDes

My parents took me to Busch Gardens when I was a kid.

Spent a nice day walking around these beautiful gardens

Imagine my young outrage on the way out when I noticed a fucking theme park section we had missed

Slayven

Imagine my young outrage on the way out when I noticed a fucking theme park section we had missed

Loll they pulled the okey doke on you. Damn

Mizerman

Heh. I remember going to Busch Gardens a long time ago. Had one of those damn birds perched on my arm. I thought the bird was either gonna peck me or drop a deuce on me.

Weird seeing Dwayne Wayne play somebody with kids

And Whitley ain't the mom. And that Dwayne got her to not marry Poppa Pope.

Anyways...got one for you, Slayven. I was just joking with my husband that the reason the Joker never gets shot down in a fusillade of bullets by the Gotham PD is because he's white (very white). So obviously a black Joker will get killed.

Has there been any version of the Joker that is black? Has there ever been a Joker-esque character that was black or POC?

I call upon the infinite knowledge of Professor Slayven, PhD in comics.

Slayven

Anyways...got one for you, Slayven. I was just joking with my husband that the reason the Joker never gets shot down in a fusillade of bullets by the Gotham PD is because he's white (very white). So obviously a black Joker will get killed.

Has there been any version of the Joker that is black? Has there ever been a Joker-esque character that was black or POC?

That is a good question, seems like there should be one. I know a lot of crazy killers that are minorities, but none quite like joker.. lol I will be thinking about that all weekend

Side note i was remidned of Suicide, a black dude that sold his soul for the strength to commit suicide. But ends up battling Ghost Rider in a fishnet tank top and bike shorts.....

230131-147199-suicide.jpg

Slayven

Genecide is kinda of crazy, she has the power to see and interpete genes. The flaws and mutations in the human gnome drove her crazy and now makes her want humanity evolve

genecide-profile.jpg

Interesting cause she is pretty damn powerful, she can mutate herself on the fly to give herself any power she wants

I luv her name

Malyse

NX should launch with Bayonetta 2 remaster. Call it the "Still Exclusive Edition". Actually, I just want them to post salt on everyone. Remake Melee and add tripping. Make Vanquish 2 exclusive. Make Beyond Good and Evil 2 exclusive. Etc.

Numb

NX should launch with Bayonetta 2 remaster. Call it the "Still Exclusive Edition". Actually, I just want them to post salt on everyone. Remake Melee and add tripping. Make Vanquish 2 exclusive. Make Beyond Good and Evil 2 exclusive. Etc.
WhileItBurns.jpg

Slayven

A whole bunch of shit that won't sale, except smash

Mizerman

I would totally get the NX it we get a Vanquish 2 out of it.

Slayven

Horizons setting in dope I mean the post apocalypse world where machines rule has been done to death and beyond. But in this game's world robots are occupying zoological niches and displaying the behavior of those animals. Not only that they are also mimicking Megafuna like dinosaurs.

Some serious shit went down on that planet., I hope they commission a novel or something to flesh out the world.

Zekes!

Morning y'all

Question, and I would put this in Politic-Gaf, but it's more on the anti-political section.

How do you feel about decolonization? I mean the full blown idea that the US and others are illegitimate due to their beginnings and continuous need to dominate and control the lives of indigenous populations around the world? And thus should be underminded or outright deconstructed.

I mean, yeah colonization has cause an unheard of amount of death, exploitation, and disenfranchisement. My thing is, decolonization plans always sound so half baked, not understanding the amount of collateral that plan would cause even if it worked. Which it surely doesn't have the resources for.

It sounds more academic than implementable. And for all the good it says it would do for the oppressed, it sounds like it would do nothing for them but leave a lawless land without a clear structure in play. Nevermind what would happen to the "colonists".

Yeah it's a complicated (and sensitive subject). I've become quite familiar with it though because it's a key idea of my field and study and work. I'm Canadian too, so it's definitely a big issue concerning our Indigenous population.

From what I understand, decolonization aims to deconstruct and rebuild dominant Euro-Western systems that have historically oppressed Indigenous populations to be more inclusive and supportive of them, their history, and culture, and also granting of self-determination in their affairs. For example, in Canada, traditionally laws and legal systems that affect our Indigenous population were created without their involvement. Decolonization would see these broken down and rebuilt with complete involvement of the Indigenous population in shaping these systems.

I agree that the idea of decolonization can often seem really big and vague, and not at all feasible, but I've come around to thinking that it's an achievable goal, it just requires a ton of small steps and time. Here in Canada, our government put together what is known as the Truth and Reconciliation Commission to address the damage and abuse that was endured by our First Nations by the residential school system. They put out their report, which contained 90+ 'calls-to-action' to promote healing and reconciliation of these wounds. That was seen as a big step in decolonization efforts here. Recently our government created an inquiry into the issue of missing and murdered indigenous women, which has been a massive, but often ignored, issue up here in Canada. This is also seen as a step forward in terms of decolonization.

I'm no expert on the subject but that's what I understand about the subject. I think it's easy to hear the term 'decolonization' and hear a few of the broader more vague ideas and come to the idea that it's something that is not at all feasible, or to take it as calling for the complete destruction of all the current social and government structural systems. I don't think that's what it is though.

(Sorry if my thoughts are super scatterbrained or hard to understand, I just woke up and saw your post and thought I needed to respond because it's a good conversation to have. I might post about it again later if I better organize my thoughts).

Horizons setting in dope I mean the post apocalypse world where machines rule has been done to death and beyond. But in this game's world robots are occupying zoological niches and displaying the behavior of those animals. Not only that they are also mimicking Megafuna like dinosaurs.

Some serious shit went down on that planet., I hope they commission a novel or something to flesh out the world.
You'll have to take time out of your busy comics-Wiki reading schedule to read it, though.

Numb

Letting other people get the product you also want first is great and helps you see if it's up to specs
Otherwise it's mostly a mystery box you're getting hyped about

Bronx-Man

Banned

You could argue that Joker from The Batman in 2005 was black.

D i Z

Mornin BCT.

Luigi sucker punching MC was what I always wanted but didn't even know it.

Korey is Korey but Martin be on some bullshit sometimes. Man I miss Tommy

Danielle needs help, like seriously

I don't think she's going to get much of it from that crew though. They seem like the less involved kind of cats when it comes to dealing with this kind of things.

We wouldn't have had that drunk intervention/exorcism? without Danielle

I never did see that, but I read the lengthy description. I kind of thought that would stay locked down behind their paywall.

For Honor is good. How good has yet to be determined. But so far, it's legit. The onus is on Ubi to not fuck it up by turning players away with micro transactions and stupid gating. The usual self destruction that they do so well.

I desperately want a Punisher story were he shoots an unarmed black kid reaching for his cellphone who was hanging with the wrong crowd. Someone records it and all hell breaks loose.

Numb

How goes, Shy?

----

Got linked to a ThatDudeMcFly video by a friend since it takes place in our school, but I about died when I got to this bit.

Just.
Yikes.

There's 10, ffs. TEN.
guy couldn't hold it in at all

Mornin BCT.

Luigi sucker punching MC was what I always wanted but didn't even know it.

I don't think she's going to get much of it from that crew though. They seem like the less involved kind of cats when it comes to dealing with this kind of things.

I never did see that, but I read the lengthy description. I kind of thought that would stay locked down behind their paywall.

For Honor is good. How good has yet to be determined. But so far, it's legit. The onus is on Ubi to not fuck it up by turning players away with micro transactions and stupid gating. The usual self destruction that they do so well.
Morning
Lucky and caught it early when someone uploaded to a Google drive. Gone now tho

Ubi will find a way
They always do
SFV anyone? On all day..just shout!

🙄 Geezuz..
On my way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom