• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Makes me feel bad for women of color
"You ain't shit for wearing tour hair naturally or in typical black fashion"

"You ain't shit since you want to appropriate white hair"

There's a distinction between appropriation and assimilation

And straight hair isn't exclusive to white people...but let's not split hairs. Let's continue admonishing women of color.

Infinite

Makes me feel bad for women of color

It's just the issue of having to start from zero every time a thread like that is made. Like you pretty much have to explain to people why black hair is politicized the way it is and frame it with historical context or else people wont see why this is an issue to even begin with and will potentially say ignorant things. The issue of appropriation for me comes down to white simply have to make peace with the fact that we live in an imperfect world where black women still get fired or reprimanded for wearing their natural hair to their job. They have to make peace with that fact that because of decades of historical context some black people will never be okay with you wearing dreadlocks, some black people maybe okay with it with certain caveats, and some black people wont care at all. If you choose to adopt something associated with black culture you're going to have to be prepared to deal with this

Malyse

Mornin BCT.

Luigi sucker punching MC was what I always wanted but didn't even know it.
RIP Drawn Together
WhileItBurns.jpg
Yes.

Slayven

Hard,hasnt been new one in forever,3D fighters way less popular than 2D,Sega silent

Seems like the fighting game industry has shrunk big. I mean you get a at least 3 a year. Now you can go 2-3 years between them

Bloody Roar=Rival Schools>>>>>>>>>>>Golden Fighter>>>>>>>>Streetfighter

Numb

Seems like the fighting game industry has shrunk big. I mean you get a at least 3 a year. Now you can go 2-3 years between them

Bloody Roar=Rival Schools>>>>>>>>>>>Golden Fighter>>>>>>>>Streetfighter
After SF4 hyped the fighters again there was a blowup and like all the fighters got a new entry in 2011-13 (minus VF of course)
But mostly 2D was the bigger deal still

Fight heads, why did Virtua Fighter die? I always heard it was a "Thinking mans" fighter

It was too good for this industry.

It wasn't that hard to get into. It just lacked flash. The game is brutally simple that anyone can really pick it up and be decent with it, after learning the systems.

Shy

Fight heads, why did Virtua Fighter die? I always heard it was a "Thinking mans" fighter
thXUi8a.gif

From what i know. (and i could be wrong) Sega seemed do everything they could to kill the game as a competitive fighter in the west.

Also, like others have said, it lacked razzle and dazzle that other 3D games. (mainly Tekken) which is a shame because it's on a completely different level to other fighting games, it's not even funny.
Remember Psychic Fighters? I liked the idea but the games were always bad, and they kept making them
I do.

This embarrassing to admit, but i always liked the animu intro and song to the game.
Also the main character's theme.

Another flying fighter is Astra Superstars. which i have on the Saturn.

One of the things i liked about it was, is that it has a dialogue tree at the beginning of every fight.
You had 3 options. Compliment, give a neutral response, or piss off the other guy. And what you choose would determine what ending you got for the character you've chosen.

If you chose the nice option for most of the fights, you'd get no ending, if you chose the neutral for the fights you get the standard ending, and if chose to piss everyone off you'd get the true ending.
Psychic what? Never heard of it
He means Psychic force.

Sch1sm

Eh. You know, just trying to get by. But thank you for asking.

You. ?

Just trying to stay on top of things, y'know? Trying to get plenty of sleep and get my work done before I feel the need to procrastinate and have it bite my in the ass later. Standard stuff.

I should play some more SFV, but my homegirl Ibuki is so bad.

She fun tho.

I've religiously played her since her release.

Shy

Just trying to stay on top of things, y'know? Trying to get plenty of sleep and get my work done before I feel the need to procrastinate and have it bite my in the ass later. Standard stuff.
Ahh. Right right.

Well. I hope you have a chill weekend.

Slayven

thXUi8a.gif

From what i know. (and i could be wrong) Sega seemed do everything they could to kill the game as a competitive fighter in the west.

Also, like others have said, it lacked razzle and dazzle that other 3D games. (mainly Tekken) which is a shame because it's on a completely different level to other fighting games, it's not even funny.

I do.

This embarrassing to admit, but i always liked the animu intro and song to the game.
Also the main character's theme.

Another flying fighter is Astra Superstars. which i have on the Saturn.

One of the things i liked about it was, is that it has a dialogue tree at the beginning of every fight.
You had 3 options. Compliment, give a neutral response, or piss off the other guy. And what you choose would determine what ending you got for the character you've chosen.

If you chose the nice option for most of the fights, you'd get no ending, if you chose the neutral for the fights you get the standard ending, and if chose to piss everyone off you'd get the true ending.

He means Psychic force.

See Shy be knowing. Man they don't make openings like that anymore for anything. Remember watching a show the opening getting you hype for the bullshit that would follow?

Zekes!

Been thinking of going back to SFV for a bit now. Haven't played much since before EVO.

the VS. AI might make me pick it up and put in a couple fights here and there. Overwatch has completely taken the spot of what I assumed SFV would fill for me, being the pick up and play a couple matches each night game.

Hold up wait a minute: a White boy (Kraigen Grooms) can rape a Black baby under 2 years old, record it, then cop a plea deal that doesnt give him jail time....while brothers selling dope or crack get thrown away for life? Oh hell no. No, no, no.
This is why Ill never wholeheartedly condemn vigilante justice, the justice system is broken for Black folk.

Malyse

Hold up wait a minute: a White boy (Kraigen Grooms) can rape a Black baby under 2 years old, record it, then cop a plea deal that doesnt give him jail time....while brothers selling dope or crack get thrown away for life? Oh hell no. No, no, no.
This is why Ill never wholeheartedly condemn vigilante justice, the justice system is broken for Black folk.
Don't forget that he plotted to rape a three year old boy too. Apparently the father didn't want him in jail, but at a certain point the risk to society needs to outweigh the victim's wishes. If he were to go on to assault a member of my family because he's not in jail where he belongs, I would have some words for that man after I had gotten rid of the body.

------

https://twitter.com/whipclip/status/776464742130913281

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Mike Young!

andthebeatgoeson

Oh God. I shouldn't even try to look this up.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...rson-says-he-d-join-a-teamwide-protest-091716

Seachickens stay losing this year.

Our coach is down with OPP (other people's protest).

Don't forget that he plotted to rape a three year old boy too. Apparently the father didn't want him in jail, but at a certain point the risk to society needs to outweigh the victim's wishes. If he were to go on to assault a member of my family because he's not in jail where he belongs, I would have some words for that man after I had gotten rid of the body.

------

https://twitter.com/whipclip/status/776464742130913281

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Mike Young!

SMH. Im so thankful the younger generation of African Americans is totally over this "forgiveness" & this "blessed be the wicked" brainwashing from the church. The one thing America is recognized the world over for is clapbacks & get-evens if you ever dare to hit it first. Black folk need to embrace that particular American value, 100% .

Just came back from the bakery today. I feel so shamed. I ate seven honey bun cupcakes. All that bread and sugar is bad, but it tasted soooo goood! A bitch won't gain any weight though, cause I got that tight metabo.
Shit hurt my pockets a bit too cause my check was only $80 this week, but it was for a limited time only.

Litan

Just came back from the bakery today. I feel so shamed. I ate seven honey bun cupcakes. All that bread and sugar is bad, but it tasted soooo goood! A bitch won't gain any weight though, cause I got that tight metabo.
Shit hurt my pockets a bit too cause my check was only $80 this week, but it was for a limited time only.
Got to treat yourself every now and then.

Malyse

Shame for what? Doing something that made you happy with your hard earned money? Fuck that noise into the ether.

tumblr_nxczvmOQ661uelehno1_400.gif

Dai101

Banned

Caome on gurl. We all need to treat us every once in a while.

Mizerman

Hey, we all need to indulge ourselves once in a while.

I have a feeling that if I look this up, I will get pissed.

Got to treat yourself every now and then.

Shame for what? Doing something that made you happy with your hard earned money? Fuck that noise into the ether.

tumblr_nxczvmOQ661uelehno1_400.gif

Caome on gurl. We all need to treat us every once in a while.

Hey, we all need to indulge ourselves once in a while.
I know, but I know when my mom will eventually tell my big brother he'll call and say I don't need to be spending money on food and use it for something that will better me like I'm not trying to do that already. I can't stand his ass sometimes.

Noooooooooooo!

Feenix, check out our boy Pederson.
Damn, nigga you know quotes can shrink that shit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom