• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

That Berserk game is going to be nasty as fuck. My brain can't even comprehend what Eclipse missions will be like.

And this is Tecmo we're talking about. The teaser trailer already fetishisiozes what happened to Casca.

They need PC modders to start working on Special Edition right away. Way smaller chance of that happening if they all have to buy it again.

And this is Tecmo we're talking about. The teaser trailer already fetishisiozes what happened to Casca.

I wasn't surprised at first, because it's Berserk, and the Eclipse is basically the biggest plot point in the whole series, but then the more I thought about it, the more I realized what a shitty, nasty pick that was for a trailer. Why not show Guts rip and tearing a demon, which you'd do in a video game? No wonder Metroid: Other M was such a shitshow in the hands of Team Ninja.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
She can save Hyrule. Link as her partner (or Impa).

GOTY

Here's the story. Ganon takes Hyrule Castle, Zelda escapes. Instead of chasing her, Ganon gets smart about this shit for once and goes after Link first, since he's tired of swords in foreheads and shit.

Now you play as Zelda, and you go learn some combat shit from the Sheikah and then go into dungeons to learn your magic shit so you can save the kingdom. Done. That took two minutes.

andthebeatgoeson

Nope, was never a fan of them. Sorry.

How come. ?

"Why?"

Does anyone else have their elementary school teacher in their head when people say how come?

Naw, i was just getting nostalgic. E3 is coming up, hadn't heard about them in awhile and was wondering when they would shut down.

And i wanted to clown on someone.

Johndoey

Banned
A full game played as Zelda will never happen, that character is a plot device and occasional weapon. Anyone expecting this to change will be disappointed. Not saying it's good or bad but yeah. You'll get female Link at some point (maybe soon!) But not a full Zelda game.

Now you play as Zelda, and you go learn some combat shit from the Sheikah and then go into dungeons to learn your magic shit so you can save the kingdom. Done. That took two minutes.[/QUOTE]
So you want a mid-quel for Ocarina?

I wasn't surprised at first, because it's Berserk, and the Eclipse is basically the biggest plot point in the whole series, but then the more I thought about it, the more I realized what a shitty, nasty pick that was for a trailer. Why not show Guts rip and tearing a demon, which you'd do in a video game? No wonder Metroid: Other M was such a shitshow in the hands of Team Ninja.
Did they use Casca
being raped
as the teaser?

Edit: wait I'm not super super familiar with Berserk and it's been awhile, but tell me I didn't see them use Casca being raped as the teaser?

You didn't.

You saw Casca being raped... with an emphasis on how sexy and risqué was. Because watching slow, sensual close-up shots her waist, arms, and breasts as they're constricted by tentacles immediately prior to a traumatizing rape scene is totally hot, amirite? That was totally the point of that scene in the manga, right?

Shit is beyond tasteless.

Johndoey

Banned
So I get what they were going for, shocking, but immediately recognizable to most people familiar with Berserk etc. But they could've just gone with the actual Griffith transformation or really a lot of things.

I mean it doesn't work from a titillation standpoint because most of your audience knowing the context of the scene will either be unaffected or put off. Very odd.

Holy shit, Gaming-GAF is so obnoxious during E3.

y51BPTR.png

FyreWulff

I still like how basically someone in the licensing department was walking down the hallway in EA, tripped, and spilled the Star Wars license over all their studios

Kreed

Why can't I save a handsome prince?

Give me my Fiona and Cake game damnit.

And throw link in the garbage in regardless of gender, zelda can do better.

Nintendo needs to just make some new games. With women and brown people as leads instead of palette swaps. Or, at the very least, introduce some new characters like Link's female cousin or Mario's best friend from high school Carmelo. If Sonic can have 50+ friends no one cares about, Link can get a few.

RedSwirl

I just think the camera work unnecessarily sexualized that scene. Someone who's never seen or read Berserk before would be completely put off by it.

Johndoey

Banned
What did Link do to you guys? Link's just chilln.
--
Sonic has a great cast of characters for every dud like Big yoy have a Chaotix crew or a Scourge.

Nintendo needs to just make some new games. With women and brown people as leads instead of palette swaps. Or, at the very least, introduce some new characters like Link's female cousin or Mario's best friend from high school Carmelo. If Sonic can have 50+ friends no one cares about, Link can get a few.

You really don't want 50 shitty friend characters though.

Johndoey

Banned
An associate of mine actually frequented Pulse, thankfully she wasn't there that night, but a friend of hers was killed. She mentioned to me being worried about a reaction similar to the one after 9/11 toward anyone of her skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom