• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

You know what mine is really obsessed with aside from that? Churchill Show. Or The Real Househelps of Kawangware.

A lot of it's actually too good, tho, so. I watch of my own volition. #:
Churchill still in business?
Damn. Haven't heard from since Red corner/korna more than a decade ago

SFV, Rashid model?

tumblr_lz4xvx0t7C1qhlf5p.gif

Rembrandt

Banned
After several listens, Blonde is way better than Channel Orange.

Doesn't have the lows CO had and the highs surpass CO by a decent amount.

Well worth the wait.

I'm late on this, but a shout out to the black Emmy winners (Regina King, Sterling Brown, Courtney B Vance). Especially Courtney B Vance, because Johnnie Cochran, breh.

Johndoey

Banned
Oh man clone Bruce is just hang around like a creep, it's great.

Gordon's a crazy bounty hunter.

Jada Pinkett has pheromone powers and an off brand Ozymandias costume.

D i Z

I remember her from 227, damn i feel old

I went to high school with her. Didn't know her personally. Different crowd and all that. But she was friends with friends, that kind of thing. It's been pretty cool watching her career grow, and her more recent come back to regular acting and directing.

Slayven

I went to high school with her. Didn't know her personally. Different crowd and all that. But she was friends with friends, that kind of thing. It's been pretty cool watching her career grow, and her more recent come back to regular acting and directing.

all i heard is you got famous friends, can i borrow 20 dollars?

Johndoey

Banned
I need to watch Bronson again soon.
--
Alright we got our first Talon.
--
Magog is a weird character, worked for Kingdom Come and was good fodder for Gen Lost but otherwise eh.

Hope it ain't serious.
Did you need stitches?

Nah, but it's been the third time this year I got hurt here. Tired of it.

I feel sick. I just found out that my brother is going to vote for Trump . He is going to be the only black guy voting for that jerk . I knew that something was wrong when he tried say that because I am pro trans rights that I should be fine with Rachel doazal's fuckery . I tried to get him to do a little more research using Isidewith.com and he came up 85% Trump with no Hilary in his results.

My condolences.

What would a BCT Musou be like?

Shy would be the super androgynous character that always ends up being the most OP in the game. Press the musou button and his kindness attracts everyone to him, then he kills them in one blast.

Jandro is the regular mount, Ishi is the legendary.

Slayven

Shy would be the super androgynous character that always ends up being the most OP in the game. Press the musou button and his kindness attracts everyone to him, then he kills them in one blast.

Jandro is the regular mount, Ishi is the legendary.

I imagine Shy to be like the guy from the Avengers, the english Avengers

the-avengers-uk-show.jpg

LionPride

Banned
you need go ObsessedTMwith her.
but seriously call the cops.

Shit, just be safe man. Maybe report the threat if you feel you should.

The girl I'm with now is a girl who was friends with her sister. A lot has changed in the past few months leading to their friendship dying. My ex saw me and my current gf together called her a ho and during rehearsal for a play blew up about her and talked about hurting her.

That's some shit I don't take lightly. And ya know, my ex has plenty reason to dislike me, but to take it out on my gf? Nah son I ain't with it. I've already dealt with some shit earlier this year and the school year just started.

Senior year is gonna be a doozy and a half

Slayven

The girl I'm with now is a girl who was friends with her sister. A lot has changed in the past few months leading to their friendship dying. My ex saw me and my current gf together called her a ho and during rehearsal for a play blew up about her and talked about hurting her.

That's some shit I don't take lightly. And ya know, my ex has plenty reason to dislike me, but to take it out on my gf? Nah son I ain't with it. I've already dealt with some shit earlier this year and the school year just started.

Senior year is gonna be a doozy and a half

Keep a cool head and most important keep your hands to yourself unless defending yourself.

LionPride

Banned
Keep a cool head and most important keep your hands to yourself unless defending yourself.
I'm tryin. I can't get in trouble now. Especially over some petty ass young girl who can't get over me even though I've given her more than enough to be able to. But if she comes for my girlfriend...I don't know what I would do

Hey BlackGAF I was thinking about this a few days ago

I wanted to ask:
Am I the only black guy who has a negative reaction to some of the Black Gamer/Youtubers who have created personas for over-reaction hyper excited :O-faced channels?

They seem to get a large following just for the act which is cool but try as I might I cannot enjoy them.

I guess I want to check my feelings on this, why is it okay for Angry Joe, Pewdiepie, and FRANCIS(boogie2988) to make characters of themselves but I feel funny if I watch OBE1 try to do the same shit?

I feel I should want to support, watch, and share this brother's videos but nope I keep cringing. Why? I like Nintendo, he likes Nintendo. Am I just too old? (43)

Why am I feeling weird about this?

Dizelmine

Neo Member
Typhoon going on where I live, all schools are closed,certain areas are getting evacuation orders and we're told to come into work. Nice.

Slayven

I wanted to ask:
Am I the only black guy who has a negative reaction to some of the Black Gamer/Youtubers who have created personas for over-reaction hyper excited :O-faced channels?

They seem to get a large following just for the act which is cool but try as I might I cannot enjoy them.

I guess I want to check my feelings on this, why is it okay for Angry Joe, Pewdiepie, and FRANCIS(boogie2988) to make characters of themselves but I feel funny if I watch OBE1 try to do the same shit?

I feel I should want to support, watch, and share this brother's videos but nope I keep cringing. Why? I like Nintendo, he likes Nintendo. Am I just too old? (43)

I am guessing we both come from a time when we were told always act proper in front of white people. It is hard to let that go.

That said I hate all that screaming and hollering shit no matter who does it

Numb

I am guessing we both come from a time when we were told always act proper in front of white people. It is hard to let that go.

That said I hate all that screaming and hollering shit no matter who does it
No it ain't age
Can't watch them make fools of themselves

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I wanted to ask:

no i just feel like its just like TV
cross post from earlier.
Ok so the movie is dmca'd but heres the trailer for Color Adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXtl6b2VJM
Very Captivating, it won the 1992 Peabody Award. The woman who played Florida in the Good Times has some VERY strong words against the character she played in the early days of television. She at one point specifically said that went she got handed the script for Good Times, she demanded that there would be a black father character for her because the shows at the time didn't want to portray a black man because they thought it would be too "Frightening" for white audiences. I'm sure you guys can find the documentary on Amazon video or something.

Moral of the story is that we are the age where we have power and money and influence but western culture memes just control us like a phantom limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom