• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BlackGAF I was thinking about this a few days ago

I wanted to ask:
Am I the only black guy who has a negative reaction to some of the Black Gamer/Youtubers who have created personas for over-reaction hyper excited :O-faced channels?

They seem to get a large following just for the act which is cool but try as I might I cannot enjoy them.

I guess I want to check my feelings on this, why is it okay for Angry Joe, Pewdiepie, and FRANCIS(boogie2988) to make characters of themselves but I feel funny if I watch OBE1 try to do the same shit?

I feel I should want to support, watch, and share this brother's videos but nope I keep cringing. Why? I like Nintendo, he likes Nintendo. Am I just too old? (43)

Why am I feeling weird about this?

Nah, that shit is unfunny in general.

Bronx-Man

Banned

I wanted to ask:
Am I the only black guy who has a negative reaction to some of the Black Gamer/Youtubers who have created personas for over-reaction hyper excited :O-faced channels?

They seem to get a large following just for the act which is cool but try as I might I cannot enjoy them.

I guess I want to check my feelings on this, why is it okay for Angry Joe, Pewdiepie, and FRANCIS(boogie2988) to make characters of themselves but I feel funny if I watch OBE1 try to do the same shit?

I feel I should want to support, watch, and share this brother's videos but nope I keep cringing. Why? I like Nintendo, he likes Nintendo. Am I just too old? (43)

I'm 19 and I hate all that shit. AngryJoe, Nostalgia Critc, whatever. That's why I don't use YT for stuff other than music videos & wrestling clips. It's all just a bunch of unfunny people screaming into cameras.

David Simon really out here saying nigga https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/778039688879808512
Then doubled down when black ppl started calling him out https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/778048667026616320
Always gotta make sure you ain't flying too close to the sun.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm 19 and I hate all that shit. AngryJoe, Nostalgia Critc, whatever. That's why I don't use YT for stuff other than music videos & wrestling clips. It's all just a bunch of unfunny people screaming into cameras.

Always gotta make sure you ain't flying too close to the sun.

I'm 19 but you can't deny the power Youtubers have with memetic thumbnails and words. Along with Twitch and Vines, It's the new age of TV for kids and they show no signs of faltering.
My bro is into World Star Hiphop
Highstakes Poker
since he got thirst phone. He can bluff like no mexican can. He has a Christ All-Father shirt for a cloud 9 player. he just got into highschool by the way.

RedSwirl

I caught up with Until Dawn.

Seems like the black dude is the easiest one to have die first, as he's the only one to die through an extremely unintuitive series of events. I'm not replaying the whole damn game to save just him.

Shy

Shy would be the super androgynous character that always ends up being the most OP in the game. Press the musou button and his kindness attracts everyone to him, then he kills them in one blast.
LOL.

And this would be my fighting style. 😝
I imagine Shy to be like the guy from the Avengers, the english Avengers

the-avengers-uk-show.jpg
LOL. Fuck yeah i'd be steed.

I'd wear dapper suits all day long while Diana Rigg and i kicked people arses.
And the night would be ours.

And then when the timed skip happens, she'd use her Queen Of Thorns ultimate. And kill everyone on screen with just a cutting remark.

Dai101

Banned
Yo holmes. I'm gonna ask here because in the thread i opened there's no answers so far.

Myself said:
After i got jumped a few months ago in which i lost (ok, robbed) my phone and a substantial amount of cash i've been living by an old and pretty shity phone. FINALLy i can get rid of my old contract and i'm looking for something new and since i don't want to expend a lot i'm looking between this two:

Lenovo Vibe K5

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5-7946.php

and

Huawei P8 lite (a.k.a. G Elite in Mexico and LA)

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p8lite-7201.php

Why those and not something fancier/bleeding edge technologically? My budget is limited and those fit both my budget and i was quite satisfied with the performance of one i got stoled (a Huawei Ascend G7 http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g7-6646.php for those curious)

So, any advice?

Hope you don't mind.

D i Z

all i heard is you got famous friends, can i borrow 20 dollars?

No.

I wanted to ask:

It's not just you. I can't watch or support that nonsense either, and we're around the same age bracket. There might be some of truth to age being a factor, but I would say that people acting like clowns just doesn't go over well for black people, period.
We've had too much at stake for too long to not be taken seriously and play the minstrel.
The cost of selling ones pride or acting a fool is a concept that most of us have had to live with before we even learned to chew properly.
Now, that's not to say that there aren't those that absolutely nail a schtick, but these cats that we're talking about have no nuance to their game. It's questionable how self aware they are about their performances. At least it is in my mind.

Typhoon going on where I live, all schools are closed,certain areas are getting evacuation orders and we're told to come into work. Nice.

Sounds scary. Be safe, yo. What kind of work do you do that you need to go out in a typhoon?

Zekes!

Yo holmes. I'm gonna ask here because in the thread i opened there's no answers so far.

Hope you don't mind.

I ain't know nothing about either of those phones but the Lenovo seems to have slightly better battery while everything else is the same or similar. Just going by what's on paper I would go with that.

Someone's probably a hell of a lot more knowledgable about phones than me. I haven't really paid attention to different phone models since being on the iPhone bandwagon for several years

Merc_

did he think he has a hood pass because of The Wire?

Without a doubt.

There are a fair number of white liberals that think that being allies or dating/marrying one of us gets them a pass to talk that kind of shit. I've known a number of black women that have had some serious bullshit tossed their way by white women who were with black men following that line of thought. Too many black dudes let that shit slide too.

Saundra Brown, the first black woman on the Oakland police force, gets instructions on how to shoot a shotgun, 1970. They trying to stop black on black violence, she isn't even pointed at the silhouettes

16%2B-%2B1

I caught up with Until Dawn.

Seems like the black dude is the easiest one to have die first, as he's the only one to die through an extremely unintuitive series of events. I'm not replaying the whole damn game to save just him.

Yeah saving him requires a lot of illogical decisions.

Pissed me off. He was the best character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom