• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Gotta admit, really appreciate MS is putting work into the Xbox's OS and Live functionality while Sony isn't really doing anything.

It'll be interesting to see which of the two has a more streamlined and developer friendly solution to cross platform development between its two same generation consoles. Cross platform/forward compatibility is pretty much the essence of Microsoft as a company moving forward, so I trust them a lot more to pull it off - but then again - their handling of UWP has given me some pause.

Kreed

True, but then we know Neo is coming out of Sony's mouth themselves so if you want to play the best version of games it doesn't matter who your with the next year and a half is all about hardware from the big three.

I've just always been a fan of showing as many (new) games as you can at E3 that don't look like they can run on the iPad, so conference wise I liked Sony's better. But you're definitely right that harSon will have to replace all of his consoles with the 2.0 versions next year.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I've just always been a fan of showing as many (new) games as you can at E3 that don't look like they can run on the iPad, so conference wise I liked Sony's better. But you're definitely right that harSon will have to replace all of his consoles with the 2.0 versions next year.

lmao

shingi70

Banned

But honestly what's the point of announcing shit if it isn't ready. No point in all these announces for stuff 3 years + out. Showing off games is cool, but at the end of the day we can't play hype.

BlackJace

Spidey PS4 was hype. Everything else was alright to poor.

FF XV VR is absolute
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

E3 Has Been Undeniably brilliant so far. All the riveting finely tuned games. Marvelous trailers with Recore, South Park, Spider-man and the like. Inseminate me E3!

How crazy is this new God of War? They completely changed the genre and the tone. No one saw that coming. And then we got Horizon. Oh so beautiful Horizon: Zero Dawn. That subtle movement. The mechanical bulls, and then the dialogue options. I still want to see the rpg aspects, but in time, in time.

I'm disappointed I missed out on the PC show, but I can catch up. Looks like there was one interesting thing there. I'm also intrigued about what's going on with VR. Seems to be getting a push and I hope everything plays well. My only experience was with the Virtual Boy way back then.

Kojima's new game looks trippy in the best way. That We Happy game looked very much like a Bioshock and I was shocked (no pun intended) when I discovered that it wasn't Bioshock. It has a similar art style and all that weird flavor that the series is known for.

Scalebound was whatever and I want to believe that Steep will be more light. It did have a couple of silly costumes, but still reminds me too much of the SSX reboot. I'm glad to see Bethesda still supporting Fallout 4 and now Fallout Shelter is coming to PC so I can have a chance to play it too.

Days Gone? How crazy was that? At first I was like year, another zomb game and it looked like The Last of Us, but that shit was intense. Zombies pouring out like fucking water. Old boy looked like he got fucked at the end. See no way out of that one.

Tomorrow, we have Nintendo. I'm hyped.

Crocodile

Both Sony and MS conferences were just okay.

Nobody had an amazing showing this year.

I couldn't watch either conference but looking over threads that discuss what was revealed that's the sense I got. Next coming days should be good for getting some more gameplay footage about games though.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I look forward to Nintendo tomorrow.

I'm still confused by WTF RE7 is but I'll hold my judgments til after the playable demo. It looks good but the similarities to P.T bug me.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
e3 got me fucked up. this is supposed to be a joyous time. I feel more meh'd out than usual. still salty over zelda day tomorrow cause I know it's barely gonna be anything and that's the only game they're really covering. fuck taking a day off I'm going into work tomorrow.

D i Z

Activision was games and lost rights recently they saying on Kindafunny
Why they got exclusive now

Did a little googling and I'm more confused than before I started. Activision did lose the rights, and I guess they went back to Marvel/Disney for the games. Where this all loses me is when a game isn't a movie tie in. Maybe this is a part of the deal for the new Spidey (looking at the costume) for the movies to move the character forward.

ReiGun

The treated Kojima coming out like WWE treats the Undertaker coming back. Nigga had special entrances and shit.

you could see it a bunch of times. the premature arrow shot, getting shot in the arm, losing the deer. kratos was on his ass.
But he still helped him kill the deer.

Kratos is tough but fair.

Numb

Did a little googling and I'm more confused than before I started. Activision did lose the rights, and I guess they went back to Marvel/Disney for the games. Where this all loses me is when a game isn't a movie tie in. Maybe this is a part of the deal for the new Spidey (looking at the costume) for the movies to move the character forward.
Just glad Insom made a cool looking one
Those Activision ones were boring

The treated Kojima coming out like WWE treats the Undertaker coming back. Nigga had special entrances and shit.

But he still helped him kill the deer.

Kratos is tough but fair.
Fast forward to kid getting killed and Kratos getting his ashes on his face

XenodudeX

Didn't give a single shit about Mircosofts showing and the only interesting thing for Sony was God of War. Pretty meh E3 so far. Hopefully Zelda is good.

Biggest eye catches for me personally have been We Happy Few, Dishonored 2, Spiderman (might actually make me spring for a PS4 if it really is exclusive), & Mafia 3
Honorable mention to whatever the fuck Kojima is working on. Seems like pure head trip.

As for God of War, I thankfully figured out long ago that series wasn't for me despite my love of mythos

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Shit, I enjoyed the Days Gone stuff.

Honestly it looks a lot like retreaded ground and themes from the last of us, and other zombie post apocalyptic media. I think horizon has a much better take on it. they just need to tighten up that voice acting and writing (though admittedly we haven't seen much).

I need to see Crash 1-3 Remastered gameplay. That's my most anticipated game dropping this year. Looking forward to performing the A-Town stomp on the baby polar bear's head for 10 lives in Crash 2... This time in high definition!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't even know what to make of Kojima's project. It's pure 'whatever' to me right now.
5 godlike figures, invisible babies, black tar hands, rotting seafood, and Daryl,

I need to see Crash 1-3 Remastered gameplay. That's my most anticipated game dropping this year. Looking forward to performing the A-Town stomp on the baby polar bear's head for 10 lives in Crash 2... This time in high definition!

feenix, I really hate it when we gotta crush your dreams, but i'm sorry breh don't get those hopes up lmao

Oh I missed this one. LOVE, LOVE this news. I never had the chance to play Crash Bandicoot proper when I was young. Played just a lil bit at my aunt's cousin's house back in the day, but it was just like two levels and now I have another option available to me. I don't have any Sony systems right now, so I know that if I get a PS4 I'll be able to play it and won't have to hunt down PS1 copies. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Feenix.
Smooches!
Emoji-Lips.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom