• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

0KGizn9.gif

harSon

Banned
I've just always been a fan of showing as many (new) games as you can at E3 that don't look like they can run on the iPad, so conference wise I liked Sony's better. But you're definitely right that harSon will have to replace all of his consoles with the 2.0 versions next year.

naw bruh, i'm never buying another nintendo console for as long as i live

feenix, I really hate it when we gotta crush your dreams, but i'm sorry breh don't get those hopes up lmao

It depends on how pure basura it is. They said remastered from the ground up so that gives me hope, but then again.... Who exactly is handling the remaster?

If the quality in between let's say, Silent Hill "HD" and Ratchet & Clank (meaning it's just average) then I'll still cop. If it's below the former than I'll post the MJcry smiley in here

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It depends on how pure basura it is. They said remastered from the ground up so that gives me hope, but then again.... Who exactly is handling the remaster?

If the quality in between let's say, Silent Hill "HD" and Ratchet & Clank (meaning it's just average) then I'll still cop. If it's below the former than I'll post the MJcry smiley in here

we gonna have someone get a crash x mjcry smiley ready for you.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Wait, did they announce 2 new xboxes? Give me a 3 sentence explanation. Just finishing with work.

xb1 s = smaller xbox 1 with UHD blu ray player, $299 - 399 depending on hard drive.

xbox scorpio = next box 2017 release, for VR, fully backward compatible, can have its own games...attempting to target 4k

harSon

Banned
xb1 s = smaller xbox 1 with UHD blu ray player, $299 - 399 depending on hard drive.

xbox scorpio = next box 2017 release, for VR, fully backward compatible, can have its own games...attempting to target 4k

It's not 'attempting to target 4k' lmao. It's almost going to be the equivalent of a high spec 2016 PC with an Nvidia 1070 gpu... It's going to be hitting 4k, pretty damned easily.

Bleh, the remastered collection is dropping in 2017. Save the MJcry until then.

My roommate is hyped about Spider-Man though. Granted he really enjoyed the ASM PS3 game so...

harSon

Banned
Coming exclusively to Xbox and windows 10 was everywhere
Are they telling all PC players not to touch an Xbox or are they banking on people avoiding W10 and forced to buy the boxes

No, they're under the correct assumption that there's an enormously large contingent of gamers who are not PC gamers and are never going to be PC gamers. For them, they've got an affordable entry level console that's going to play all Xbox games, as well as a premium priced console that's going to play Xbox games at a graphical fidelity that is comparable to that of a high spec gaming PC. And by releasing all of their games on PC, they're tapping into a market of PC gamers who are never going to purchase a console or PC gamers who weren't going to purchase an Xbox - and create a software/service/dlc revenue stream that wasn't otherwise possible.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
HarSon how big this next box gonna be to compete with a 2016 high end PC?

Edit: the funniest part about your post is that you're comparing it to an nvidia gpu when it's likely using amd parts.

at no point during that Days Gone demo did i think "i should stop running and shoot at these mofos"

none

zero

nada
Dem zombies felt real fluid unlike DRising where they clearly did some frame trickery that is too visible to get that many running on the bone even with that art style

I would have turned and shot at those things ...if I was still near my bike

RedSwirl

It's not 'attempting to target 4k' lmao. It's almost going to be the equivalent of a high spec 2016 PC with an Nvidia 1070 gpu... It's going to be hitting 4k, pretty damned easily.

Probably, but at 30 frames per second. Probably closer to an RX 480 really.

FyreWulff

Sitting down and thinking about it.. MS spent their entire conference going "third party". Every single game announced is also on PC. Scorpio will be handled by.. well, the games already being made for PC.

Halo Wars 2 trailer was really good.

Sitting down and thinking about it.. MS spent their entire conference going "third party". Every single game announced is also on PC. Scorpio will be handled by.. well, the games already being made for PC.

Halo Wars 2 trailer was really good.

it's not really a loss for them when they own the windows 10 OS too. it's like they have 2 'consoles' more or less with these games. not that it matters what platform this stuff is on as long as the games look cool. forza horizon looks amazing. and sea of thieves looks cool. that's about it for me for their exclusive stuff.

Spinluck

My E3 takeaways.

VR still looks boring and uninteresting to me, I ain't buying shit at $400.

That FFXV VR was absolutely shameful and looks like it is 0 fun. Guess cramming in a VR tech demo doesn't take that long.

MS gonna have the strongest console next time around, but it's next year so I ain't buying a One S unless I get a crazy deal along the line. On second thought, since they seem to be unifying W10 and Xbox as a platform. I might not need to cop at all, thank god, honestly a top 3 announce this E3.

A lot of these games look so damn generic, I have probably forgotten most of them. But Days Gone is something I'd never touch. I wouldn't even download a demo and try it out. I just looks boring with some impressive crowd tech. That android game looks kinda interesting, but idk. Not a huge David Cage fan.

GoW looks fucking great. Story wise speaking the franchise can go to some bigger and deeper places. Kratos kind of sucked as a protagonist for being so damn one dimensional. But here he might actually come off with a character with depth. I don't mind the camera change, I think the perspective will make it easier to take in the atmosphere and be immersed. I'm interested.

I'll cop TLG, been waiting for like 10 fucking years...

ReCore, this coming to W10? Looks like my thing.

Horizon looks nice, but that demo felt kinda long. Feels like a game that will be funner to play than to watch.

I think this E3 confirmed that Spidey is the GOAT hero. Seeing all these people that were thirsty as fuck for a good Spider-Man game makes me happy. If there's a character that deserves one, it's him. I hope Insomniac can pull it. I hope they have a collectors edition and all because I'm going all out.

All in all, it was a decent year. Leaning towards below average due to the lack of Nintendo content (I'm glad Zelda is getting shown, but that ain't enough).

FyreWulff

it's not really a loss for them when they own the windows 10 OS too. it's like they have 2 'consoles' more or less with these games. not that it matters what platform this stuff is on as long as the games look cool. forza horizon looks amazing. and sea of thieves looks cool. that's about it for me for their exclusive stuff.

It's a good thing that they finally remembered Windows and Xbox is made by the same company.

Sch1sm

My E3 takeaways.

VR still looks boring and uninteresting to me, I ain't buying shit at $400.

That FFXV VR was absolutely shameful and looks like it is 0 fun. Guess cramming in a VR tech demo doesn't take that long.

MS gonna have the strongest console next time around, but it's next year so I ain't buying a One S unless I get a crazy deal along the line. On second thought, since they seem to be unifying W10 and Xbox as a platform. I might not need to cop at all, thank god, honestly a top 3 announce this E3.

A lot of these games look so damn generic, I have probably forgotten most of them. But Days Gone is something I'd never touch. I wouldn't even download a demo and try it out. I just looks boring with some impressive crowd tech. That android game looks kinda interesting, but idk. Not a huge David Cage fan.

GoW looks fucking great. Story wise speaking the franchise can go to some bigger and deeper places. Kratos kind of sucked as a protagonist for being so damn one dimensional. But here he might actually come off with a character with depth. I don't mind the camera change, I think the perspective will make it easier to take in the atmosphere and be immersed. I'm interested.

I'll cop TLG, been waiting for like 10 fucking years...

ReCore, this coming to W10? Looks like my thing.

Horizon looks nice, but that demo felt kinda long. Feels like a game that will be funner to play than to watch.

I think this E3 confirmed that Spidey is the GOAT hero. Seeing all these people that were thirsty as fuck for a good Spider-Man game makes me happy. If there's a character that deserves one, it's him. I hope Insomniac can pull it. I hope they have a collectors edition and all because I'm going all out.

All in all, it was a decent year. Leaning towards below average due to the lack of Nintendo content (I'm glad Zelda is getting shown, but that ain't enough).

ReCore and all other Xb1 exclusives are also showing up on W10, pretty much.

Personally not picking up the Slim. I mean, it's kind of attractive, but it'd be cheaper to upgrade the hard drive myself on my sad, 500GB. Then there's the reality that 2TB ain't shit the way Microsoft handles physical media installs. My 500 vanished and I only have one fully digital install at 25GB. It only took a couple months, too. W10 making any future Xbox look like a no, agreed. Cheaper to upgrade a PC to make the games playable the way the upgrades keep coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom