• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

His thread history doesn't show any signs of distress. It does seem somewhat uncharacteristic based on what I've seen. one minute he's talking about draining his balls to Taylor Swift and discussing the new Zelda, the next he's yelling at GAF and saying he's grateful guns are legal so he could still use one to kill himself. Its just...

LionPride

Banned
I think online forums tend to attract vulnerable people in general. Lets people express themselves in a relatively safe space

Probably right. I tend to not think about what I say on this forum, if you couldn't tell by my behavior in the LeBron thread where I asked if LeBron fucked some dude's mom. I may need to start thinking about what I say.

I won't, I hang around here and TheColi too much to care

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
His thread history doesn't show any signs of distress. It does seem somewhat uncharacteristic based on what I've seen. one minute he's talking about draining his balls to Taylor Swift and discussing the new Zelda, the next he's yelling at GAF and saying he's grateful guns are legal so he could still use one to kill himself. Its just...

his thread history though... shows signs of being an introvert and lonely.

i hope the best for him.

akira28

early 30s, college student, feels isolated, etc. But there are usually some milestones you see people cross before they're just like "I'm killing myself because the world sucks and I hate the people on GAF" unless he just had the most tremendously bad day today.

that's the thing about having guns around, they are mighty handy for when you want to kill yourself.

edit: oh he's had subtle "i wish I was dead" thoughts for the last month or so...

D i Z

Probably right. I tend to not think about what I say on this forum, if you couldn't tell by my behavior in the LeBron thread where I asked if LeBron fucked some dude's mom. I may need to start thinking about what I say.

I won't, I hang around here and TheColi too much to care

Well, just remember that there are people that you are talking to. Intentional or not what you say will leave an impression. You can never control how much of one, but you can control how much of what you contribute.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I take all suicide threats seriously. One of my best friends attempted it in secret many times and the first time I saw the band aids on her fingers was devastating.

I'm a nervous fucking wreck waiting for this guy to come thru and say he's ok.

LionPride

Banned
Well, just remember that there are people that you are talking to. Intentional or not what you say will leave an impression. You can never control how much of one, but you can control how much of what you contribute.

Ah yes, very true. Easier to convey my tone in person than over text. What I know is a joking tone may be believed to be serious by others.

This is why I treat people a certain way in person. Have had too many friends tell me they thought about committing suicide or attempted suicide. I make sure to treat everyone like they are loved and are the most important person in the world in one on one conversations.

Hell, I had suicidal thoughts, I just ended up not saying anything about it to anyone because I know who I am and knew I wouldn't commit it because of how much I detest sucide

D i Z

Add +1 to the good guys win column.

1429741428-anigif-enhanced-buzz-29129-1389010357-10.gif

D i Z

Real talk for just a sec. People get on Gaf and feel like they made it somehow. The reality of nobody giving an actual fuck sets in hard for a lot of people. Then they start to make adjustments. Adjustments in the ways that should help them to fit in with a group, or a roving band or whatever. It happens all of the time. And while no one want's to admit it, the fact that this is a gamer's community means that there are unusually high numbers of people with social adjustment and coping issues.
No, not everyone on here is a delicate flower. But we even get front seats for when so called gaming professionals and journo's melt down here. It's more common than un-common.
I've seen people feel ostracized from this group from time to time because a particular chord was struck and no one came to their defense. Hell, even as old and beat down as I've been through my days I've had moments when even I just ain't had it in me to come in here.
Point being that it's all fun and games to poke fun at people who just can't get right. But I bet dollars to cents that there are some that really aren't getting guidance from what we take for granted as normal places, and many really latch onto Gaf as a surrogate.

jmood88

He's gone from 0 to "I might as well kill myself" several times. In the buy sell thread he actually said that he attempted to hang himself because a guy posted something for a higher price than he wanted to pay. He definitely needs to either get help himself or someone has to get it for him.

LionPride

Banned
He's gone from 0 to "I might as well kill myself" several times. In the buy sell thread he actually said that he attempted to hang himself because a guy posted something for a higher price than he wanted to pay. He definitely needs to either get help himself or someone has to get it for him.
From the looks of it, someone needs to get it for him

Real talk for just a sec. People get on Gaf and feel like they made it somehow. The reality of nobody giving an actual fuck sets in hard for a lot of people. Then they start to make adjustments. Adjustments in the ways that should help them to fit in with a group, or a roving band or whatever. It happens all of the time. And while no one want's to admit it, the fact that this is a gamer's community means that there are unusually high numbers of people with social adjustment and coping issues.
No, not everyone on here is a delicate flower. But we even get front seats for when so called gaming professionals and journo's melt down here. It's more common than un-common.
I've seen people feel ostracized from this group from time to time because a particular chord was struck and no one came to their defense. Hell, even as old and beat down as I've been through my days I've had moments when even I just ain't had it in me to come in here.
Point being that it's all fun and games to poke fun at people who just can't get right. But I bet dollars to cents that there are some that really aren't getting guidance from what we take for granted as normal places, and many really latch onto Gaf as a surrogate.
You right

LionPride

Banned
"I got scared that I had the virus that I got up and my pants started sliding a little."

lmaooo

But for real though, why didn't he get that ass beat? He in 5th grade too? Nah breh.

You heard how that mom was stutterin and was flummoxed? Just waitin for dad to get hom to talk to him about playing with his peen. Didn't want no part of anything else

Zaverious

It got worse and worse. I legit got sad for her. He gets worse with the insults and she does little to do about it. Then she tries to resort to throwing his insults back and it doesn't work at all. He calls her a retard at the end and he still gets to play his game. Dad probably didn't do shit either.

Unless you are a 2d Waifu, you not going to get respect and empathy from gaming side.

Sad thing is gaming side IS Better than the majority of the internet

I mean that's the joke right. GAF looks like this bastion of progressiveness

Or a an oppressive progressive authoritarian hell hole that exiles those who dare challenge it to the netherealm.

Depending on your point of view.

But what GAF really is is the same old internet with better moderation. It's not a bastion of anything, it's just literally not as bad as other places. Racism, sexism, etc.. here has to be done dogwhistle incognito style unlike other places. That's all.

Guys I love when privileged conservative people borrow the gay coming out narrative to reveal their dumb opinions on issues.

#SoBrave
#Blessed
#ChristianIsTheNewQueer

LionPride

Banned
somebody said they would pay me "within the week" for money owed.

now it's turning into "3 weeks", and i may have slightly crossed over my spending budget because i expected it. whatever, lesson learned.
I never give people I know money anymore cuz of shit like this.

Guys I love when privileged conservative people borrow the gay coming out narrative to reveal their dumb opinions on issues.

#SoBrave
#Blessed
#ChristianIsTheNewQueer

Who? What? Where? Why?

I never give people I know money anymore cuz of shit like this.

Who? What? Where? Why?

People started using that guy's suicide thread to start talking about how they too feel oppressed by GAF because they have differing opinions.

Last guy basically wrote a coming out of the closet as a Chrisitian anti-abortion, Ani-Vaxxer, and how much anxiety he feels just admitting that on GAF.

It was as gross as it was hilarious.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208074186&postcount=551

LionPride

Banned
People started using that guy's suicide thread to start talking about how they too feel oppressed by GAF because they have differing opinions.

Last guy basically wrote a coming out of the closet as a Chrisitian anti-abortion, Ani-Vaxxer, and how much anxiety he feels just admitting that on GAF.

It was as gross as it was hilarious.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208074186&postcount=551

Ok, I thought that's who you were talking about. Yeah, couple people "came out". There's a time and a place, a suicide prevention thread ain't it

Johndoey

Banned
This Brexit vote. Looks like they're staying put most likely. For the best. People aren't prepared for the reality of the painful bloody split that would happen.

Stocks remaining stable.

Actually slight bump.

Around 200 confirmed cases of Zika in Florida, certainty actually much higher than that since most cases don't present with much.

The House is in recess till July 5th, the sit in was effectively cancelled but it clearly rattled some Republican reps.

andthebeatgoeson

You heard how that mom was stutterin and was flummoxed? Just waitin for dad to get hom to talk to him about playing with his peen. Didn't want no part of anything else

My wife is the same. 'You talk to him.'

Edit:
'Yeah, is Dad your father?'
'Who are you, Mrs Government?'

I would beat the brakes off him. They failed a long time ago.

Sch1sm

somebody said they would pay me "within the week" for money owed.

now it's turning into "3 weeks", and i may have slightly crossed over my spending budget because i expected it. whatever, lesson learned.

Only loan what you're not gonna miss, pretty much.

That happened to me a few times this year, so I get you. Every time they said they'd pay it back when their cheque came in. lol. Lent a friend money in February. Got about a third of it in May. Haven't seen the rest. I don't expect to, either.

andthebeatgoeson

Only loan what you're not gonna miss, pretty much.

That happened to me a few times this year, so I get you. Every time they said they'd pay it back when their cheque came in. lol. Lent a friend money in February. Got about a third of it in May. Haven't seen the rest. I don't expect to, either.
Only loan what you can give away

Slayven

Bleach finally did it, two niggas with Insta win buttons are fighting to see who's insta win is better.

One dude can control Luck

and the other dude has the power to inflict any damage that happens to him, happen to his opponent.

Seemed like the same power but Bleach says it different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom