• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Guys my parents were bringing my stuff up to university for me but they were both killed in a car crash. Kind of worried that my ps4 is going to be all smashed up and i just got platinum on bloodborne

Dai101

Banned
I'm the cool uncle I'm forcing 4 of nieces and nephews to watch Hellraiser 2 at the moment

XOQjvk4.jpg

akira28

he's one step away from getting all his nieces and nephews bitten by a Radioactive spider that he stole.

Then try to play it off like "they're alright, they just need to take a nap"

andthebeatgoeson

Why ya gotta be so cruel?
I'm gonna marry her anyway
Marry that girl

YouTube

Video

😐

😒

😕

Jessie Williams doe

This song is 2 years old, hear it constantly at this resort.

Walpurgis

Banned
So my cousins just came to Canada a few weeks ago. They're little kids from Somalia and have settled into a cheap apartment. We stocked their house and are now showing them how to live in this country which is hard since they have gone from a free for all, no rules country to a country where you will be arrested for standing somewhere for too long. 😂

Anyway, we bought them a TV and got them cable ASAP but they can't speak any English so it's just pretty moving pictures for them.

I've been wanting to get them something special for Eid and then it hit me: Disney movies! They are all insanely rewatchable cartoons and musicals, which will be immensely helpful in learning English before school starts in September. The problem is, they have no internet so Netflix isn't an option (not that they would be able to work it, lol). I was thinking of using a USB but that doesn't work on their TV (or any of mine - never recognises the USB). VCRs are ridiculously expensive so that doesn't work either and I don't own any Disney DVDs so DVD player is a no go.

I want something that is like a small hard drive that can play video files to a TV, which I guess is a USB in theory but not in practice. 😒

What is the cheapest* and easiest to operate thing that I can get for them that will play videos to a TV?

*Cheap is important because I anticipate that I will have to buy them another when they inevitability break it. 😂

Seems the pilot for LeSean Thomas' Cannonbusters is going to hit this Friday. I REALLY wish I had backed it. Shit looks lit!

I regret not backing it so much. 😭😭

Hope someone is willing to take a chance on it and fund a short season. Seems like it'd be a good fit on Netflix or Toonami.

I want something that is like a small hard drive that can play video files to a TV, which I guess is a USB in theory but not in practice. 😒

What is the cheapest* and easiest to operate thing that I can get for them that will play videos to a TV?

*Cheap is important because I anticipate that I will have to buy them another when they inevitability break it. 😂

So after considering everything you posted, I'd recommend a FireTV. It has both a USB port and micro sd slot. You can install Kodi to watch files from there. Also, I'm guessing they'll have internet down the line and Disney/Netflix have a deal that should be kicking in shortly where all of Disney's movies (Pixar, Marvel, Lucas) and such will be streaming on Netflix exclusively. And if you have Amazon Prime you can activate a child account which will give them access to shows and movies..again, if and when they get internet.

It's a nice little box. I own 3. Very easy to set up. My wife can navigate it just fine, so children will pick it up quickly lol. They'd also have to pour water on it and smash it to break it easily..doubt they'd do that to the thing that gives them entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom