• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Why not? It's a great xpac so far.

Don't be hating on WoW.

Though I haven't played Legion because I really need a new computer and my current one can play it, but it sucks.

I don't hate WoW. I heard Legion is good, and the numbers are showing. What I dislike is the money.

I didn't mean "why" so much as a "why would you," but a literal "why," as in "what about it is so appealing," because people seem to love it. That's my bad for not articulating, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I really want to know is did they add new 5man stuff? The lack of that in Draenor is why I didn't buy in to that expansion. @cdhybrid, ofc, and Hermit if you're playing.

Shy

Morning, morning.
Morning BCT.
Morning fellas
Morning...I so need sleep
Morning black people.
Mornin' all.
Morning morning.
Saw Hidden Colors 3 last night and it def changed my way of thinking. Hope it sticks
Isn't that some Hoptep nonsense though. ?
It's good to want to get informed but these documentaries are full of hotep/moon brother/pseudo intellectual interviews and information, so make sure you fact check what you're hearing.
I thought so.
Gotta new computer
Sai works on windows 10, thats tight.

Now to install several gigs of video games
Noice.
What video games is everyone playing right now?
People play videogames on this forum. ? ��
Shy. Why aren't you across the Atlantic yet?
LOL.

What's up with this me moving tip you're on lately. ?
Many thanks for the Grace Randolf disclaimer on that link a page or so back.
Once that stink gets into your youtubes, it's a bitch to get out.
LOL. You're not wrong.

though i did post those vids for a reason, and was hoping you guys would watch them.

Please watch.

Sch1sm

Shy doesn't play anything but SFV, and it ain't even a game to him. Dude looks like this:

miss.gif

I don't hate WoW. I heard Legion is good, and the numbers are showing. What I dislike is the money.

I didn't mean "why" so much as a "why would you," but a literal "why," as in "what about it is so appealing," because people seem to love it. That's my bad for not articulating, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What I really want to know is did they add new 5man stuff? The lack of that in Draenor is why I didn't buy in to that expansion. @cdhybrid, ofc, and Hermit if you're playing.

Oh, ok ... your reply seemed a bit of "why you wasting time on that crap" :p

5-man dungeons...yeah, there's like 7 or 8 dungeons? 2 require some rep grinding to get into them.

There's Mythic+ now for dungeons. Which is a bit like Greater Rifts in D3 but for wow dungeons. Example: do a Mythic dungeon, get a key for Mythic+2 of <insert dungeon name here>. Do the dungeon for that key, and if you finish it in time (there's a timer), you get a + key based on your time. (can be +3 or +5)

Also, next patch brings Kara as a 5man dungeon. Or rather a 5-man raid (weekly lockout!)

I played mostly casual and don't even do dungeons that often, but cdhybrid is active on the wow thread from what i've seen so he probably can explain better.

Shy

I might get that Silver Case.

Not sure though.
Shy doesn't play anything but SFV, and it ain't even a game to him. Dude looks like this:
LOL. That's right, i look exactly like Daniel Craig.

I only play SFV with you guys, otherwise i don't touch it.

cinco

Long time lurker checking in :

Where you're from - Houston, Tx
Where you live - same
What is your age? - 36
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black and apparently my great great great grandfather was irish
Do you know your roots - 30 years of listening to my grandma tells me I should
Favorite musical genre - rap/hip-hop and metal
Your profession/major/career interest - IT
Your religious affiliation - Christian (non denominational)
Hobbies - gaming, playing the guitar, giving folks the side eye
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Ya'll need Frenchy's or Timmy Chan's on this list
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Hulk
Anime or Nah? - Other than Ninja Scroll, nah
Favorite sport and team? - basketball - the rockets by default
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Animated? The Lion King Live action? Flight of the Navigator

Just wanted to say to all y'all on the east coast of Florida on up to stay safe and good luck during this damn storm.

Gordon and Jean Gray stay safe

Thanks, brother. We're on the West coast, so I'm expecting mainly heavy rains..radar already looking like the downpour will be hitting here shortly. How's it looking on your end?

D i Z

Isn't that some Hoptep nonsense though. ?

LOL. You're not wrong.

though i did post those vids for a reason, and was hoping you guys would watch them.

Please watch.

Some quotes got mixed up there in case you were waiting for Forearm to get back on that one.

Vid's gone now :p

Numb

Where you live - same
What is your age? - 36
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black and apparently my great great great grandfather was irish
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Ya'll need Frenchy's or Timmy Chan's on this list
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Animated? The Lion King Live action? Flight of the Navigator
welcome

Sch1sm

Oh, ok ... your reply seemed a bit of "why you wasting time on that crap" :p

5-man dungeons...yeah, there's like 7 or 8 dungeons? 2 require some rep grinding to get into them.

There's Mythic+ now for dungeons. Which is a bit like Greater Rifts in D3 but for wow dungeons. Example: do a Mythic dungeon, get a key for Mythic+2 of <insert dungeon name here>. Do the dungeon for that key, and if you finish it in time (there's a timer), you get a + key based on your time. (can be +3 or +5)

Also, next patch brings Kara as a 5man dungeon. Or rather a 5-man raid (weekly lockout!)

I played mostly casual and don't even do dungeons that often, but cdhybrid is active on the wow thread from what i've seen so he probably can explain better.

Yeah, that's my fault. Prof was giving me grief for my phone. gg. But, I could never. Spent an unhealthy amount of time on Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Absolutely no room to judge any of you.

I just love 5 man stuff the most, honestly, which is why I didn't go for the last expansion. They also didn't mention much about it for Legion prior to release that I noticed in passing, so I didn't bother buying in.
That combined with classes started and my student loans giving me trouble.
So, this is good to hear, honestly. May jump in if cd throws some more knowledge in that sways me further in and compromise my grades.

----

Welcome, cinco!

Shy

Some quotes got mixed up there in case you were waiting for Forearm to get back on that one.
LOL. Sorry, i've not long gotten up. (though the thought of Grace talking hoptep nonsense is fucking jokes)
Vid's gone now :p
Not it isn't. Let me repost for ya. &#55357;&#56838;
Luke Cage Season 1 review by Grace Randolph.

It gets interesting from the 4 to 8 min mark. (haven't watched the whole thing, so i can't comment on it all)

Get Out Trailer Reaction by Grace Randolph.

If you watched the Luke Cage review, you'll notice a theme.

EDIT: i fixed my post. Sorry again Diz.

Slayven

Just wanted to say to all y'all on the east coast of Florida on up to stay safe and good luck during this damn storm.

Thanks, brother. We're on the West coast, so I'm expecting mainly heavy rains..radar already looking like the downpour will be hitting here shortly. How's it looking on your end?

we will probably get some winds and some rain. but nothing too major. Just going to stay in and finish up Flash and Luke Cage

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Where you live - same
What is your age? - 36
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

I remember bringing a friend from Michigan to the original Frenchy's location. He talked so much crap about the building, the hood, etc. He bought a 3 piece, gulped it down, then proceeded to get back in line and spend $40 on more for later that evening. Frenchy's is the truth.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, that's my fault. Prof was giving me grief for my phone. gg. But, I could never. Spent an unhealthy amount of time on Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. Absolutely no room to judge any of you.

I just love 5 man stuff the most, honestly, which is why I didn't go for the last expansion. They also didn't mention much about it for Legion prior to release that I noticed in passing, so I didn't bother buying in.
So, this is good to hear, honestly. May jump in if cd throws some more knowledge in that sways me further in and compromise my grades.

----

Welcome, cinco!
That was the gist of it. Mythic+ and World Quests (think Adventure Mode bounties in Diablo 3) provide some good content for 5 person groups. If you complete a high enough Mythic+ you can get Mythic-raid quality gear (ilvl-wise anyway).

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Order Hall and Artifact weapon systems they introduced, but there are class-specific (and spec-specific in the case of Artifacts) quest lines that can be pretty cool.

Overall, the game looks better than it ever has, and there are some cool locations/zones. I can't really tell you you'd love it for sure, but I'd say if you want to play WOW again it's at least worth checking out.

I will say though that they did some pretty massive overhauls of a lot of the classes/specs, and those have been received with varying degrees of happiness, so YMMV there.

D i Z

LOL. Sorry, i've not long gotten up. (though the thought of Grace talking hoptep nonsense is fucking jokes)

Not it isn't. Let me repost for ya. &#65533;&#65533;
Luke Cage Season 1 review by Grace Randolph.

It gets interesting from the 4 to 8 min mark. (haven't watched the whole thing, so i can't comment on it all)

Get Out Trailer Reaction by Grace Randolph.

If you watched the Luke Cage review, you'll notice a theme.

EDIT: i fixed my post. Sorry again Diz.

Good looking out. The reaction trailer I guess got pulled, but I did see a side by side one that someone else put together. It has her watching in one panel, and someone else in another. It didn't have any of her commentary though. However, I did go ahead and read her twitter thread about the vid and I think I got the gist of her "position".

I tried getting into grim dawn but ended up putting it down after 4 hours in favor of Path of Exile. When does the game pick up?

Were you playing in normal? There's veteran mode which is normal but with increased spawns.

In terms of difficulty, i guess it picks up maybe when you're in your 40s (around the 2nd half of Elite or so). The game is a lot easier nowadays though, in the pre-release betas Ultimate was hard as hell (and classes were a lot imbalanced).

Maybe elaborate on what was boring you?

I like POE now and then but that game looks amateurish as fuck. And all the 'it's free" talk ... please, you are going to buy stash space and you'll like it.

Well, there's also mods for GD now too. New classes and community balance patches, etc.

(Ofc POE has it beaten in regards to the end game)

IIRC, you're an EU too, right? Sucks that the gold prices for the WoW Tokens in EU are so high :s I could buy 10 tokens if i as in the US :(

Shy

Good looking out. The reaction trailer I guess got pulled, but I did see a side by side one that someone else put together. It has her watching in one panel, and someone else in another. It didn't have any of her commentary though. However, I did go ahead and read her twitter thread about the vid and I think I got the gist of her "position".
Did you see what she said in her Luke Cage vid. ?

Were you playing in normal? There's veteran mode which is normal but with increased spawns.

In terms of difficulty, i guess it picks up maybe when you're in your 40s (around the 2nd half of Elite or so). The game is a lot easier nowadays though, in the pre-release betas Ultimate was hard as hell (and classes were a lot imbalanced).

Maybe elaborate on what was boring you?

I like POE now and then but that game looks amateurish as fuck. And all the 'it's free" talk ... please, you are going to buy stash space and you'll like it.

Well, there's also mods for GD now too. New classes and community balance patches, etc.

(Ofc POE has it beaten in regards to the end (
I think the its partly visuals' as well. I'm certain that the pyro/soldier combination is the boring one, and I might try a different class. My favorite ARPG is torchlight 2, and I don't feel like I've played a game since that was as fun.

D i Z

Did you see what she said in her Luke Cage vid. ?

Yeah, it was about what I expected her to say. I'll give her credit for being able to compartmentalize her perspective as much as she did, but I'll also hold her accountable for that same perspective when it stunts the discussion more so than what she claims to be problematic. The desire to change the narrative to remove culpability is absolutely dismantling the dialogue when they deploy that shit.

I think the its partly visuals' as well. I'm certain that the pyro/soldier combination is the boring one, and I might try a different class. My favorite ARPG is torchlight 2, and I don't feel like I've played a game since that was as fun.

I loved Torchlight (1), and i loved the aesthetics of 2 but for some reason i just couldn't get into it :(

Kreed

As much as I hate election news coverage, I would rather hear Trump news coverage over weather disaster news coverage.

Bob: "Chip, how's the weather look at the beach?"

Chip: "Hey Bob. The National Weather Center said for everyone to go inside and for good reason. I mean look at these waves, they are absolutely pounding the rocks on the shoreline. OH MY GOD, JESUS!!"

Bob: "Chip? Chip are you ok?"

Chip: "Woah. Yeah Bob, I'm ok. That wind almost knocked me over there. That just shows you how powerful this storm is going to be. We have an absolute monster on our hands Bob."

Bob: "Absolutely. Ok Chip, we are going to switch over to Ted where he has footage of empty shelves at a local super market that's run out of food. And for viewers just tuning in, in our next hour, we will be canceling regular scheduled programming for breaking footage of the highway that's completely empty."

Numb

Hurricanes need better and hardcore names instead of naming them something a good neighbour would be called

Johndoey

Banned
I barely found gas yesterday and all the water is gone like Rosamund Pike after a disappointing marriage, so I really do hope everyone is flush.

What video games is everyone playing right now?

Trying to finish up Doom and getting whipped in SFV

Almost picked up Balrog last night...but I can't use charge characters :(

I only play SFV with you guys, otherwise i don't touch it.

Might as well hang my shit up now

Morning morning.

Isn't that some Hoptep nonsense though..

It's good to want to get informed but these documentaries are full of hotep/moon brother/pseudo intellectual interviews and information, so make sure you fact check what you're hearing..

Appreciate that and yeah some of it seemed like a bit of a stretch. I won't go quoting it. However I walked a way with a rejuvenated since of pride like I did thanks to some of you during BHM. My main take away is a desire to put money into my community and give back where/when I can.

Sch1sm

That was the gist of it. Mythic+ and World Quests (think Adventure Mode bounties in Diablo 3) provide some good content for 5 person groups. If you complete a high enough Mythic+ you can get Mythic-raid quality gear (ilvl-wise anyway).

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Order Hall and Artifact weapon systems they introduced, but there are class-specific (and spec-specific in the case of Artifacts) quest lines that can be pretty cool.

Overall, the game looks better than it ever has, and there are some cool locations/zones. I can't really tell you you'd love it for sure, but I'd say if you want to play WOW again it's at least worth checking out.

I will say though that they did some pretty massive overhauls of a lot of the classes/specs, and those have been received with varying degrees of happiness, so YMMV there.

Thanks for all the additional info. I'll look into it in more depth for that last point. &#128566;

IIRC, you're an EU too, right? Sucks that the gold prices for the WoW Tokens in EU are so high :s I could buy 10 tokens if i as in the US :(

Nah, Canada, but the CDN$ is absolute trash so prices have probably risen enough since I last played that I'll hate myself.

cinco

I remember bringing a friend from Michigan to the original Frenchy's location. He talked so much crap about the building, the hood, etc. He bought a 3 piece, gulped it down, then proceeded to get back in line and spend $40 on more for later that evening. Frenchy's is the truth.

lmao. Took a white buddy of mine through the hood (down reed and scott) and he was not ready for them shits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom